Nice Hurley Interview | The Boneyard

Nice Hurley Interview

Reaction Score
If Ball is shooting as well as Hurley is making it out, he's going to be a really good player from year 1.
Ball is built like a dump truck. I cannot wait to see what this freshman class does.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting good interview. Would like to have heard if Stewart is catching up in his view but good stuff.

Nice lid too minus the flat brim, like the old Husky on the cream color.
I can't imagine Andrea picked that cap out for him. He looks ridiculous with the flat brim.

Yes, I'm ignoring all the important content to comment on a dumb fashion choice. That's how ridiculous I find that cap.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine Andrea picked that cap out for him. He looks ridiculous with the flat brim.

Yes, I'm ignoring all the important content to comment on a dumb fashion choice. That's how ridiculous I find that cap.

I agree but tried to hold back unlike you LOL. It’s awful on him with that brim funny we have time to hammer our great coach on his fashion choices:cool:

Reaction Score

Love the hat & love Hurley. Only thing that would have made the interview better would be him wearing the big gaudy bejeweled Husky chain.

Reaction Score
Biggest news for me is "Solo can shoot". That is big, big news. Shooting has been inconsistent historically. If he's shooting mid-30s on decent volume, the Big East is going to have a PROBLEM on their hands.

That year at Brewster did wonders for him.

Sounds like he and Ross are the freshman most likely to see bench minutes.

Great to see Hurley is getting advice from Calhoun too. Love to see us lean on all of our resources

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He sounds ridiculously confident about this group. There will be ups and downs but it has me giddy how comfortable and confident he sounds about these guys.

Once you coach a team to a championship you have the confidence of knowledge on what it takes to win it all and how not to get caught up in every second of a season. You realize you have to manage a roster and get it ready for the win.

You can breathe easier knowing your coaching style leads to the top.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like Calhoun's comment that Hurley had "synthetic anger" during practice. Hurley laughs at that and says Calhoun was the master at head games. Hurley said that he is grateful to be around three Hall of Fame coaches (Calhoun, his dad, and Auriemma) and get their input. He said that last November he met with Calhoun and walked away with five pages of notes on the team. I hesitate to describe Hurley as someone who's "comfortable in their own skin" because his need to prove himself is a big part of what motivates him, but he doesn't seem threatened at all by having Calhoun around the program and instead of use it as a resource. Good for him.

Good interview, and yes, he does sound very confident about his team.

Reaction Score
Everyone looks ridiculous in a flat brim. Dude looks like he is about to roll at a Disco Biscuits show.

So true on flat brims, plain awful. Adding Disco there is very nice LOL.

To @CL82 I also loved the discussion on Jim C saying synthetic anger and Danny’s facial and verbal reply. Good stuff again!!!

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Hat is saucy. Figured it would get more love from this group given the throwback Samoyed. McDermott the Almighty couldn’t pull that hat off in a million years.

Reaction Score
Hat is saucy. Figured it would get more love from this group given the throwback Samoyed. McDermott the Almighty couldn’t pull that hat off in a million years.
I liked the flat brim. I thought it showed a cool swag and attitude, LMAO.

I am also laughing at the image of Greg McDermott wearing a flat brim hat with the Creighton logo, LMFAO. He would look completely ridiculous.:D

CL82

Reaction Score
It's a husky.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
He's doesn't seem as high on Castle right now.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah, but he wasn't down on him either. He said he'll be ready by November.

Reaction Score
I liked the flat brim. I thought it showed a cool swag and attitude, LMAO.

I am also laughing at the image of Greg McDermott wearing a flat brim hat with the Creighton logo, LMFAO. He would look completely ridiculous.:D
I wear a lot of hats, always fitted. Usually a small curve, the hat I usually work out in is a flat brim flex fit. Those are the most comfortable hats. I like the hat Hurley is wearing except for the design on the side. Too much going on.

Reaction Score
He knows how great Castle is/can be and how he takes us to another level. He knows he's going to be a starter and he's going to be incredibly hard on him in the preseason to get his motor up to where it always needs to be and to get him to understand the offense and defense inside and out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom