Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night)

Reaction Score
Hopefully Pat wasn't having such a good time that he doesn't remember how good it was lol. Ted's bartender is a much better source than car wash operator.

Such an interesting direct comparison, when essentially the only 2 guys we're currently actively/successfully recruiting take official visits a week or two before taking Duke visits together. Duke is of course the best recruiting school in the country and actively very much wants both guys.

It's probably not, but in my gut it feels like it could be a both or neither situation, considering their Duke visit experience should be somewhat correlated, and our bartending friend says they both had great UConn experiences (something we've heard from other sources as well and the track record of guys committing after visits in the Hurley regime is incredibly high so we know the visits are legit). Considering the recency, it will be pretty impossible for them not to compare the visit experiences directly.

That being said, each guy has different viewpoints and personalities and different things will appeal to them. But the "this will be your Duke Brotherhood" pitch they're going to use with Flagg, Ngongba, and Edgecombe visiting at once (similar to what we did with the recruits last season) is a powerful one, especially considering Duke's cache. Though if one of the recruits isn't sold, it'll weaken the pitch to the others (although they also extend that brotherhood thing to all the alumni and surely they'll have more than a few there for first night/Flagg).

I'm not optimistic, but deep down I want to be.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Pat wasn't having such a good time that he doesn't remember how good it was lol. Ted's bartender is a much better source than car wash operator.

Such an interesting direct comparison, when essentially the only 2 guys we're currently actively/successfully recruiting take official visits a week or two before taking Duke visits together. Duke is of course the best recruiting school in the country and actively very much wants both guys.

It's probably not, but in my gut it feels like it could be a both or neither situation, considering their Duke visit experience should be somewhat correlated, and our bartending friend says they both had great UConn experiences (something we've heard from other sources as well and the track record of guys committing after visits in the Hurley regime is incredibly high so we know the visits are legit). Considering the recency, it will be pretty impossible for them not to compare the visit experiences directly.

That being said, each guy has different viewpoints and personalities and different things will appeal to them. But the "this will be your Duke Brotherhood" pitch they're going to use with Flagg, Ngongba, and Edgecombe visiting at once (similar to what we did with the recruits last season) is a powerful one, especially considering Duke's cache. Though if one of the recruits isn't sold, it'll weaken the pitch to the others (although they also extend that brotherhood thing to all the alumni and surely they'll have more than a few there for first night/Flagg).

Agree that we are the underdogs for Flagg but with Abraham we have the family connection, not Duke. I believe we are the favorite for PN.

Reaction Score

I think Ngongba is probably a lot more focused on what development is available than Flagg because he's a likely 2+ year player. That's what gives me hope with Ngongba more than Flagg. We have a history of developing bigs under this staff and Scheyer is essentially unproven on that front.

I still say we reel in both of 'em. Hard not to be positive right now after a 'chip.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am not an insider and have never had scoop on recruiting. But I was on campus yesterday for parents weekend and stopped by Ted's for a couple pops (my daughter is a junior and part-time bartender at Ted's). I was talking to a long time Ted's staff member who also has connections to the team. He told me that PN was at Ted's on Friday night with some of the guys and his quote was "I've seen dozens of recruits come in over the years but none were having as good a time as Pat was on Friday night." Just a little nugget, take it for what it's worth. But at least he was having a good time. The staff member was also told that the Flagg visit "could not have gone better".
Told you Flagg would be at Teds!! Deal sealer;);)

Reaction Score
Told you Flagg would be at Teds!! Deal sealer;);)
I read it as the Ted’s staffer only relaying that he heard Flagg’s visit “could not have gone better”, not that he was at Ted’s. Maybe he made it there, but that’s not what this post was saying.

Reaction Score
I read it as the Ted’s staffer only relaying that he heard Flagg’s visit “could not have gone better”, not that he was at Ted’s. Maybe he made it there, but that’s not what this post was saying.
I know for a fact Flagg was at Ted's. He was outside under the tent in a section roped off for him.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I am not an insider and have never had scoop on recruiting. But I was on campus yesterday for parents weekend and stopped by Ted's for a couple pops (my daughter is a junior and part-time bartender at Ted's). I was talking to a long time Ted's staff member who also has connections to the team. He told me that PN was at Ted's on Friday night with some of the guys and his quote was "I've seen dozens of recruits come in over the years but none were having as good a time as Pat was on Friday night." Just a little nugget, take it for what it's worth. But at least he was having a good time. The staff member was also told that the Flagg visit "could not have gone better".
Are you saying that Ted's was serving alcohol to a HS student?

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score

Just like the games, as far as I'm concerned we win them all until the buzzer sounds and the score board says different. They,re both coming

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ginger Ale
It's sad when people conflate having a good time with drinking alcohol.
George Costanza Flirt GIF

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
And THIS is how you get 60 LIKES.

Reaction Score
The Dairy Bars is so 90s, dude.
Someone should tell that to the people lined up outside the door the few times I’ve been there in recent years. Past the 90s I mean, dude.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom