Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night)

Reaction Score
1 uncommitted recruit is very underwhelming. Would think you could at least get a group of interested underclassmen to visit, First Night is a big recruiting piece for a lot of schools.
There could be kids on unofficial visits, but Borges wasn't sure if there will be any.

Reaction Score
1 uncommitted recruit is very underwhelming. Would think you could at least get a group of interested underclassmen to visit, First Night is a big recruiting piece for a lot of schools.
I have to imagine there will be some local underclassmen. All we're recruiting for this class is Ngongba and Flagg. It's huge that we seem to be in a great position with Ngongba and we got him on campus for the weekend, seems like many wrote his recruitment off. If we get him it's another awesome class coming off one of our best classes ever. If we also sign Flagg it's our best class ever and we're not only the best program in the country but we're the "it" program.

Reaction Score
I have to imagine there will be some local underclassmen. All we're recruiting for this class is Ngongba and Flagg. It's huge that we seem to be in a great position with Ngongba and we got him on campus for the weekend, seems like many wrote his recruitment off. If we get him it's another awesome class coming off one of our best classes ever. If we also sign Flagg it's our best class ever and we're not only the best program in the country but we're the "it" program.
Yeah, would be great to see some ‘25 and ‘26 guys will be attending. Gotta keep the pipeline going.

Reaction Score

They’ve never used this event as a major recruiting thing. Hurley did a little more at URI when it was more of a concert and just a little about basketball, which I actually prefer for the student and player experience. These kind of events in general are kind of weird- they start off hype and then it’s hit or miss (all of the basketball-centric ones, not just UConn). Some schools use it as a reason to stack visits, but it’s not the event itself that’s the real draw. Pat is the focus this weekend. They put a lot of work into his initial one, and there’s new stuff for this visit.

Reaction Score
They’ve never used this event as a major recruiting thing. Hurley did a little more at URI when it was more of a concert and just a little about basketball, which I actually prefer for the student and player experience. These kind of events in general are kind of weird- they start off hype and then it’s hit or miss (all of the basketball-centric ones, not just UConn). Some schools use it as a reason to stack visits, but it’s not the event itself that’s the real draw. Pat is the focus this weekend. They put a lot of work into his initial one, and there’s new stuff for this visit.
I normally skip first night. But the draw for this one is the ring ceremony and the banner reveal. That’s going to be pretty cool

Reaction Score
If we don’t get Flagg, then I’m rooting for Edgecombe.

Reaction Score

Also, Nowell ended up going to the Wootten top 150 in Las Vegas this weekend.

Reaction Score
We are not a showboat operation. Our staff does the hard work behind the scenes (CF's mother's jersey and DC's mother's jersey for the photo op for example).
Then they can concentrate on what they will do for the recruit to help them get where they want to go, AND then they show the results they've achieved with recent players (trophies, draft choices, the ratings for the players when they got here and where they ended up when they left, etc.)

Reaction Score
Let us pray............it'll also make future recruiting easier.

Reaction Score
We are not a showboat operation. Our staff does the hard work behind the scenes (CF's mother's jersey and DC's mother's jersey for the photo op for example).
Then they can concentrate on what they will do for the recruit to help them get where they want to go, AND then they show the results they've achieved with recent players (trophies, draft choices, the ratings for the players when they got here and where they ended up when they left, etc.)
All the way down to getting the perfect snack choices tailored to each recruit.

Reaction Score
Not what I mean…First Night is a big, fun event. It’s nice to get recruits there to see the hype surrounding the program.

Reaction Score
It’s a recruiting tool for teams that can’t offer winning, player development, or guaranteeing to play at MSG.

Reaction Score

Are staff is really good

Patrick's mom was really good. I knew about her coaching, but not playing career--just looked it up. Gotta think that explains part of his great game IQ. I just looked at she averaged almost 20/9 with 3 blocks as an upperclassmen. Yeesh.

With a family like that, you've gotta imagine Patrick is going to make the absolute best decision for his future. Whether that's UConn remains to be seen, but it's good to know he's probably not going to be swayed by a bag of cash.

Reaction Score
Patrick's mom was really good. I knew about her coaching, but not playing career--just looked it up. Gotta think that explains part of his great game IQ. I just looked at she averaged almost 20/9 with 3 blocks as an upperclassmen. Yeesh.

With a family like that, you've gotta imagine Patrick is going to make the absolute best decision for his future. Whether that's UConn remains to be seen, but it's good to know he's probably not going to be swayed by a bag of cash.
Besides having a great game this kid has a really great and infectious personality. Really hope the staff closes on him this weekend.

Reaction Score
Not every school does the little things like our staff.

You don't think every school buys the kids food they like?

Stuff like the family legacy poster is unique and thoughtful, but not that much so for schools with substantial resources and solid coaching staffs. Our visits are certainly well-planned and executed, but it's practice and the film room that separates us IMO.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom