Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not every school does the little things like our staff.
You don't know that, in fact many of the players I coached in soccer had individualized perks at many lower level D1 and some D2 schools. It's not a hard thing to do. UConn men's BB staff is good, but they aren't heads above most others - it's not what you do it's what you say, and the UConn staff seems to be saying the right things to most of these kids.
Can't imagine what schools like Bama, Michigan, etc. (even Dook) do with unlimited from boosters.

Reaction Score
Dream scenario is that this weekend goes so well he commits to the staff but they tell him to go take that Duke visit next weekend before announcing so he can bring Cooper back to Storrs with him.
Would love that dream scenario and no one recruits better than Danny. But the thought of Patrick, AJ, and Cooper all together at Duke's First Night does concern me.

I feel Patrick, a true center, could be a lynchpin in getting Cooper here.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You don't know that, in fact many of the players I coached in soccer had individualized perks at many lower level D1 and some D2 schools. It's not a hard thing to do. UConn men's BB staff is good, but they aren't heads above most others - it's not what you do it's what you say, and the UConn staff seems to be saying the right things to most of these kids.
Can't imagine what schools like Bama, Michigan, etc. (even Dook) do with unlimited from boosters.

How on earth would you know what I know?

Reaction Score
How on earth would you know what I know?
Magic Think Alike GIF

Reaction Score
Very happy with the two guys we have coming to First Night, quality over quantity.

I think it took Danny awhile to appreciate at our level how important (essential) it is to have great Bigs. He definitely gets it now after Adama changed the landscape.

Reaction Score
It didn't take Hurley a while. Bigs were a priority from day 1. He spent a lot of recruiting capital on Kofi Cockburn and most thought he would be at Storrs, Hurley didn't do like Ollie and search out a 3 star big after he missed on Cockburn. Focus shifted to the 2020 class and Adama and Javonte Brown Ferguson were the commits. Bigs were always a priority.

Reaction Score
Very happy with the two guys we have coming to First Night, quality over quantity.

I think it took Danny awhile to appreciate at our level how important (essential) it is to have great Bigs. He definitely gets it now after Adama changed the landscape.
Exactly, visit will be more special for the cousins. Could be by design. I think they will close patrick and have an exceptional class. I cooper joins will be number one class

Reaction Score
It’s not what you do it’s what you say??? I don’t think I’ve ever heard that espoused as a strategy in my life.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Totally, because you know some people that “had individualized perks” (I never said they didn’t) that means every staff is equally good at official visits and also all do the exact same things.

Also, everyone knows the legendary phrase “it’s not what you do, but what you say that matters” and that is exactly why UConn just won a chip.

Reaction Score
Totally, because you know some people that “had individualized perks” (I never said they didn’t) that means every staff is equally good at official visits and also all do the exact same things.

Also, everyone knows the legendary phrase “it’s not what you do, but what you say that matters” and that is exactly why UConn just won a chip.
We won because we said we would, not because we actually did?? What are you people talking about??

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Camerawork was terrible. They could have done coaches interviews while showing skills contest. They kept switching to close ups during three point shooting contest and couldn’t see if shots went in.
That is the fault of the technical director They call the camera shots. Bad understanding of how to broadcast a live event.

Reaction Score
Dream scenario is that this weekend goes so well he commits to the staff but they tell him to go take that Duke visit next weekend before announcing so he can bring Cooper back to Storrs with him.
And make Duke spend money for nothing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom