Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
sigh
IMG_3184.png

Reaction Score
So he posts a UConn picture while on his Duke visit and now we are outside the top 3? Not sure I believe that.

Reaction Score

We don’t need the double whammy tonight

I’m trying to figure out how to read the tweet.

Because I can also read this as DH is still in for big Pat for tonight Duke got Flagg since he’s quoting Trilly

But could also mean that Pat is going elsewhere lol

Hate these head games

Reaction Score
He ain’t got that husky dog in him i guess
That visit is seeming real courtesy ish for his cousin if all this is true. OR he was always following Flagg

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score

Because I can also read this as DH is still in for big Pat for tonight Duke got Flagg since he’s quoting Trilly

Hate these head games
Think he means we’re in this “for now” before Ngongba releases his top 3 and we’ll be out.

Reaction Score

Hate these head games
If the Duke insider is to be believed it sounds like the list is being cut soon and we're not on it

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Hate these head games

He means he agrees with Trilly, Cooper is going to Duke, but as of right now we're in it w/ Pat still. But doesn't sound promising.

Tough battles to lose. Disappointed for sure.

But I love everything about what this staff does, I have no questions at all about our recruiting continuing to rise from here.

I think they may be eyeing up Dybantsa now.

Reaction Score
He means he agrees with Trilly, Cooper is going to Duke, but as of right now we're in it w/ Pat still. But doesn't sound promising.

Tough battles to lose. Disappointed for sure.

But I love everything about what this staff does, I have no questions at all about our recruiting continuing to rise from here.

I think they may be eyeing up Dybantsa now.
So Duke is gonna clean the board huh? Duck Fuke.

Reaction Score
So we’re basically done for the season on recruiting right? That’s a relief at least, time for basketball

Reaction Score
I think K State has a shot with Pat. I don't know anything, just my thoughts.
Yea I think he’s already been pulled by that Flagg gravity. Having all 3 visit together might’ve been a stroke of genius by scheyer. I think they’re all going to Duke

Reaction Score

Yeah, we’re toast.

I couldn't care less about Flagg, we shot our shot knowing Duke were huge favorites all along. If this is true on Ngongba it's a bummer. A two person class with no big and no shooter would be disappointing coming off the national championship knowing we have to replace Clingan, Castle, Newton and Spencer at a mimimum. I'm not worried but would've expected not having to fill major holes through the portal.

Reaction Score
I couldn't care less about Flagg, we shot our shot knowing Duke were huge favorites all along. If this is true on Ngongba it's a bummer. A two person class with no big and no shooter would be disappointing coming off the national championship knowing we have to replace Clingan, Castle, Newton and Spencer at a mimimum. I'm not worried but would've expected not having to fill major holes through the portal.
Would someone clarify where it says Flagg to Duke and Big Pat not going to UConn?

Reaction Score
There is only a small number of guys who can turn your roster into championship potential. Flagg & Ngongba are two of those guys and there never was much else in 2024. Everybody else just keeps a team good, but you need a special dude or two like these guys. Disappointing IF we are out on both, but we'll figure it out. The pain isn't coming up short, it's that there is nowhere to pivot to. Our key 2024-25 players are on other teams this year or overseas. Provides a reason to watch A10, conference usa, and other leagues this year. I'm crossing my fingers on the apparent long shot that we have some juice left with these guys.

Reaction Score
The good news is that shooting can be found all over the portal. That’s perhaps the easiest void to fill. Finding a championship caliber big man is extremely hard. We’re going to need Singare to develop a ton over this season if he’s going to take the reigns in 2025

Reaction Score
Yep. Hurley will figure it out. He always does. We will be ok. With all that said, this is a bit of a bummer coming off the championship. Anyone trying to spin it differently is lying to themselves. I mean we have 5 good freshman for this year without having won a tourney game in a while. Nowell is a fantastic get and Abraham should be solid in his role, but if it ends there, a 2 player class feels a tad flimsy. This staff has been unreal and what do I know, but I have to wonder if casting such a small net finally bit us in the butt. With going for such big fish, having a few backup plans may have been wise. Not a.complaint. Love this staff and we will all probably look back at this as a funny blip. Just a novice observation.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The good news is that shooting can be found all over the portal. That’s perhaps the easiest void to fill. Finding a championship caliber big man is extremely hard. We’re going to need Singare to develop a ton over this season if he’s going to take the reigns in 2025
He might not be an offensive force, but he has serious potential to be a defensive anchor.

Reactions: caw

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yep. Hurley will figure it out. He always does. We will be ok. With all that said, this is a bit of a bummer coming off the championship. Anyone trying to spin it differently is lying to themselves. I mean we have 5 good freshman for this year without having won a tourney game in a while. Nowell is a fantastic get and Abraham should be solid in his role, but if it ends there, a 2 player class feels a tad flimsy. This staff has been unreal and what do I know, but I have to wonder if casting such a small net finally bit us in the butt. With going for such big fish, having a few backup plans may have been wise. Not a.complaint. Love this staff and we will all probably look back at this as a funny blip. Just a novice observation.
I have the same thoughts. They might’ve started rightfully feeling themselves after the championship. There should definitely always be a balance of shooting for big fish while looking out for the hidden gems.

The 2023 class was pretty much all amazing finds in that way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom