Next year | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Next year

Reaction Score
You really think we're going to find a 19 ppg go to scorer for next season at this point? I like being optimistic but.... We bring in lots of scorers, but once here they seem to loose their scoring touch (excluding Bouk).
With the number of players transferring this year, yes. There's already multiple guys in the portal who would fit that description

Reaction Score
He’s a physical freak. Full stop, at least right now. He needs SERIOUS work this offseason. If he can’t hit like even 25% from 3, he simply cannot be on the floor much.
Absolute nonsense. He impacts the game so much with his defense, rebounding, bringing the ball up court and his infectious high energy play. He’s just an absolute foul machine and can’t contribute enough because he’s always on the bench with foul trouble. If the staff can teach him to play D with his feet and not react to every up fake, he will be a huge contributor next year.

Reaction Score
this team needs a leader, and to find their love of the game. The team out there tonight didnt look like it had a leader or care or want to be in this. I'm sure they are incredibly disappointed in themselves but this team barely seems like its having fun.

Reaction Score
Absolute nonsense. He impacts the game so much with his defense, rebounding, bringing the ball up court and his infectious high energy play. He’s just an absolute foul machine and can’t contribute enough because he’s always on the bench with foul trouble. If the staff can teach him to play D with his feet and not react to every up fake, he will be a huge contributor next year.
The foul machine part literally negates everything you said.

Reaction Score
You’re joking right? I see a physical freak who will be one of the best overall players in program history when he learns how to stay out of foul trouble and gain confidence in his shot. We were a much better team when he was on the floor. You’ll eat your words on him for sure.
We were? I invite you to look up his +/-. There are no words to eat. I am not saying he definitely won't be good. I am just, personally, not seeing it yet. Like I said, maybe you guys are prophets. If he becomes great, however, I am more inclined to think it is more of a "even a broken clock is right twice a day" thing with you guys. Hopefully you are. But, remember this, plenty of freak athletes failed to become great basketball players. We just recently had one.

Reaction Score
People love acting like the world is ending. Biggest loss IMO is Whaley. Dudes a lockdown defender and elite shot blocker. Bouk got buckets for us, but I don’t think he’ll be as sorely missed as some people are painting it. We have big time scorers coming in + a healthy Akok + a more developed Ajax. We’ll be a tournament team next year.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
I know Hurley says defense is our hallmark, but screw that. What good is defense if you can't score. I'd rather lose a game after game in the 80s than watch the game we just witnessed ever again
Let Uconn opponents score 80, as long as we score 81.

Reaction Score
He literally cannot shoot from anywhere on the court. Tough to make an impact as a guard when all you can do is dunk on breakaways.
And he never even attempts to drive. Currently, when he’s on the court its 4v5 on the offensive end, and we already don’t have many options.

Reaction Score
There are excuses left and right that can be applied to this year. Whether it's injuries or covid you can find one, but this has to be the last year of it. I'm sick of 7 straight years of excuses regardless of the coach. 2022 is time for UConn to reclaim march

Reaction Score
You’re joking right? I see a physical freak who will be one of the best overall players in program history when he learns how to stay out of foul trouble and gain confidence in his shot. We were a much better team when he was on the floor. You’ll eat your words on him for sure.
The best players in our program history are NBA HOF level players. I think AJ is going to be great, but we can't ASSUME he will be one of the best ever to go through our program.

Reaction Score
Unless Hurley figures out you need good shooters to win games no I am not excited. We looked and played like crap the last 2 games. From layups to freethrows to 3's. Forget about it. Big guys hitting some layups does not win the big games. You need great guards.
Told my kids who are under 15 these guards/wings aren’t UConn guards outside Bouk.

need a jet and a shooter next year. Cole should not be a primary scorer on a very good team but a super sub or 4-5 option.

Good thing about this is - it’s so obvious they have to see offensive deficiencies of this group.

Reaction Score
He’s a physical freak. Full stop, at least right now. He needs SERIOUS work this offseason. If he can’t hit like even 25% from 3, he simply cannot be on the floor much.
If Jackson can't hit 25% from 3 he should be on the baseline and that is not where he wants to play it seems. We need to figure out how every player can get better at free throws. We lose games because the ball does not go through the basket when we take open shots and layups. Rinse and repeat.

Reaction Score
One of the best in program history? LOL

Reaction Score
The best players in our program history are NBA HOF level players. I think AJ is going to be great, but we can't ASSUME he will be one of the best ever to go through our program.
I’m talking overall impact on a game, both ends of the floor: I see a guy who can defend 1-4, rebound, bring the ball up the floor, be phenomenal in transition and at the rim and who is already our best passer. As an overall player, not just offensively, I think he has the ability to be as good as we’ve had. Might take two years to see it but the ability is clearly there.

Reaction Score
One of the best in program history? LOL
Let’s revisit this by the time he leaves. It’s easy to be the guy who laughs at someone for defending a kid who just struggled in a tourney game his freshman year. If he plays three years yes, Andre Jackson will be one of the most well rounded players we’ve had. The only great scorers we had that also impacted the game in so many other ways we’re probably Emelia, Kemba, Donyell with his shot blocking and maybe Bazz. Give the kid a chance, my God.

Reaction Score
Let’s revisit this by the time he leaves. It’s easy to be the guy who laughs at someone for defending a kid who just struggled in a tourney game his freshman year. If he plays three years yes, Andre Jackson will be one of the most well rounded players we’ve had. The only great scorers we had that also impacted the game in so many other ways we’re probably Emelia, Kemba, Donyell with his shot blocking and maybe Bazz. Give the kid a chance, my God.
There’s a lottt of middle ground between thinking a kid will be a good player and saying that he’ll be one of the best in program history.

Reaction Score
You realize Ray is the only Hall Of Famer with Rip and maybe Drummond having a shot, right? I’m just saying he has the potential for sure.

Reaction Score
With the number of players transferring this year, yes. There's already multiple guys in the portal who would fit that description
Wishful thinking! Don't think we are going to score a transfer who's going to be our go to guy. Have we ever had one of those?

Reaction Score
The foul machine part literally negates everything you said.
He was a freshman! Do we think Sanogo isn’t good because he’s also a foul machine? If we gave up on every player who committed far too many fouls as a young player we’d probably have very little success as a program. Young players commit bad fouls and usually learn how to play D without getting in foul trouble. Both of these guys will be much more reliable next year defensively.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
I just don't quite get why AJ even got second half minutes today. I mean I love his athleticism and potential.. but we needed to score and he doesn't even need to be defended. I don't quite get him as I just don't see how he's an offensive threat in any way b

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom