Next year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next year

Reaction Score
I think the pieces are there, and quite frankly I see significant Ewing Theory potential with Bouknight gone.

Everyone is going to have to be a contributor and look to score, and I think our on-court leadership will be better.
Martin certainly plays better without Bouknight. Don't know what it is, but whenever he's alongside Bouk he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Still don't see us being better than this years team unless we get a talent infusion with the remaining scholarships

Reaction Score
No he shouldn't.
A little bit of hyperbole, but I still fell like he should be a primary option. I don't see anyone else stepping up except Sanogo and Akok. Jackson no. Cole no. Gaffney no.

Reaction Score
Gotta recruit for the Bouk spot..need to get a guy that can score 15-20 ppg. Need offense (guys that can create and shoot) bad!

We have enough grit/culture guys already.

Reaction Score
Well, it depends on player development. I don't see what everyone else seems to see in Andre Jackson. But he is only a freshman and this was a crazy year. Still, I don't know what he did to make everyone so confident. Hopefully you all are prophets.
You’re joking right? I see a physical freak who will be one of the best overall players in program history when he learns how to stay out of foul trouble and gain confidence in his shot. We were a much better team when he was on the floor. You’ll eat your words on him for sure.

Reaction Score
Unless Hurley figures out you need good shooters to win games no I am not excited. We looked and played like crap the last 2 games. From layups to freethrows to 3's. Forget about it. Big guys hitting some layups does not win the big games. You need great guards.

Reaction Score
As of right now, I don't think we'll be a tournament team next year. Losing our best offensive player by far and our best shooter on an already bad offensive team. Could change with seniors returning/transfers in, obviously (and hopefully)

With no new talent I agree, but we have 2-3 open schollies. If we use them on a shooter and a shot creator, we'll be fine.

Reaction Score
Consider this: Our losses were primarily against teams that spread us out, St Johns, Creighton, Nova, and now Maryland. Hurley fears not matching up and we take our own bigs off the court. We own the boards then gave them back. I can understand trying small ball, or trying to pressure all over the court, but it seems to me we give away our advantage. I'm looking forward to next year but I'd get even more excited if I thought Hurley was going to force other teams to match up to us as a basic strategy. He needs to coach better against that style.

Next I'd love to hear good news about our guys coming back, Jackson practicing his stroke till his arm falls off, retaining all our players, having Springs and Akok excited for next year, and good news on a player or 2 with offensive punch. Also love a guy who specializes in teaching Martin to make a 2ft shot.

Reaction Score
Im excited. The level depends on what we do with those 3 scholarships. We need 2 impactful offensive players and a backup center who has defensive versatility. The 2 scorer/shooters will determine how good we can be. Playing time is up for grabs. Im growing increasingly frustrated with the 6 ft 6 unskilled athletes or one dimesional players that help in one area but are huge liabilities in others.

Reaction Score
I think the pieces are there, and quite frankly I see significant Ewing Theory potential with Bouknight gone.

Everyone is going to have to be a contributor and look to score, and I think our on-court leadership will be better.
So 13-13 next season?

Reaction Score
This team was good. But it wasn’t great. With better recruiting and more experience we will be back. Next years team will be very talented and will be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
You’re joking right? I see a physical freak who will be one of the best overall players in program history when he learns how to stay out of foul trouble and gain confidence in his shot. We were a much better team when he was on the floor. You’ll eat your words on him for sure.
He’s a physical freak. Full stop, at least right now. He needs SERIOUS work this offseason. If he can’t hit like even 25% from 3, he simply cannot be on the floor much.

Reaction Score
We need to be confident in the half court. When’s the last time we got a back door easy bucket off the secondary break?

Reaction Score
good??????,we cant hit the side of a barn,,,,NIT

Who can score on this team?

Jackson is a brick layer

Reaction Score
We have 3 open scholarships to find that guy to be the go to scorer
You really think we're going to find a 19 ppg go to scorer for next season at this point? I like being optimistic but.... We bring in lots of scorers, but once here they seem to loose their scoring touch (excluding Bouk).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A little bit of hyperbole, but I still fell like he should be a primary option. I don't see anyone else stepping up except Sanogo and Akok. Jackson no. Cole no. Gaffney no.

No, Hawkins shouldn't be primary option.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom