Next year | The Boneyard

Next year

Reaction Score
We’re gonna be good. Anyone else excited?

I am excited. I think the pieces we have coming in should start to build on our strengths and minimize our weaknesses. If we get a shooter and 1v1 shot creator as transfers or recruits by next season, I think we could potentially be even better than this year.

Reaction Score
As of right now, I don't think we'll be a tournament team next year. Losing our best offensive player by far and our best shooter on an already bad offensive team. Could change with seniors returning/transfers in, obviously (and hopefully)

Orc

Reaction Score
We’re gonna be good. Anyone else excited?
I think were a bubble team. Team was awful without bouknight . Hope hurley brings in more quality shooters in the offseason

Reaction Score
Tournament team? We’re talking about the NIT, right?

Reaction Score
As of right now, I don't think we'll be a tournament team next year. Losing our best offensive player by far and our best shooter on an already bad offensive team. Could change with seniors returning/transfers in, obviously (and hopefully)

No way in hell are we are we a Tournament team... unless something changes drastically...We just shot 32% with our best player leaving. Our best win of the entire season was USC. We lost to bottom feeder programs in the big east and not a single player on the team has shown that they can consistently shoot. How in the hell can anyone even remotely fathom this program going NCAA next year ... UNLESS someone comes in next year and is a hero.

Reaction Score
I agree, I just wanted to get in this year. Next year the excuses stop, for the players and coaches

Reaction Score
Not getting LeBron's kid or Motumbo's kid. Does James Harden have a son we can recruit?

Reaction Score
A lot of things have to happen for us to be as good as this year. Jackson has to start having an impact and not just impress people with his athleticism. Akok has to come back and be an impact player. Sanogo has to be able to play 30 minutes a game without fouling himself to the bench. And Hurley has to realize that the guy who can get his shot is Sanogo, and quit starting with the bigs out high and play more inside out.

That’s a lot of ifs. If it all goes right we could be better, but if Jackson still can’t shoot and Akok isn’t a better version of Whaley and Sanogo can’t stay on the court ....

Reaction Score
If we don't upgrade the roster, I see us as a bubble team. It's the following year that I expect all the pieces to be put together for a conference favorite/top 15 team.

Reaction Score
Well, it depends on player development. I don't see what everyone else seems to see in Andre Jackson. But he is only a freshman and this was a crazy year. Still, I don't know what he did to make everyone so confident. Hopefully you all are prophets.

Reaction Score
LOL - when Bouk leaves... I have zero clue who can score points next year. Boneyard logic... our best players are the players who haven't played college basketball yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom