Next season | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Next season

Reaction Score
Alydar you have a right to your opinion however not to your facts. The WNBA is not a 12 month season also the biggest difference with injuries in the WNBA as opposed to college comes down to me in one word "insurance". That can be purchased to cover injuries.

I put down "W" to save space.
EDD has wealth enough to stay home and some older established stars take time off from Europe (and even the W) but for most a life as a pro is a year-long job.

Reaction Score
But tell me who was better than Wilson or Boston during that time period? My comment was 8 years of superiority in the paint. You disagree? So who was better in the paint than those two players?

You are right. And it goes back at least the Coates, who was Staley's first "A" recruit. SCar always has had the stronger front line. It did them little good until last year. Wilson never beat UConn.

Reaction Score
The team will either have 13 or 14, not 14 or 15 players next season (not counting any transfers in or out). We have 13 players now including Jana, we lose 2 seniors, Dorka and Lou, and bring in 3 freshmen in the fall. 13 minus 2 equals 11 plus 3 equals 14, Aubrey staying will not change that number but if she leaves it will be 13.
Seems to me it all depends on what math you use....

Reaction Score
But tell me who was better than Wilson or Boston during that time period? My comment was 8 years of superiority in the paint. You disagree? So who was better in the paint than those two players?
I was thinking maybe Breanna Stewart when they won 4 straight Championships two of which overlapped 2 of Wilsons in 2014/2015 years. In any event, both Stewart and Wilson are outstanding WNBA professionals.

Reaction Score
But they also lose Cooke, Saxton, Beal, Amihere and Fletcher. That's there whole starting 5 and 6th/7th man. Some of them are eligible for a covid year but not sure how much space is available with the incoming freshman class.
Fletcher and Saxton are the only two out of eligibility. SC has enough room for the incoming freshmen and all the Covid year seniors. If all the seniors decide to leave, SC will have 5 scholarships to use in the transfer portal if needed.

Reaction Score
You are right. And it goes back at least the Coates, who was Staley's first "A" recruit. SCar always has had the stronger front line. It did them little good until last year. Wilson never beat UConn.
Did South Carolina not win a national championship with Wilson?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Don't understand your comment that a player will make more money in college. Are you suggesting players are being paid illegally under the table? In addition numerous players return to college to finish the degree and graduate. The player can and will buy insurance in the pros. And yes I respect your opinion.
Paige makes a million dollars a year with NIL

Reaction Score
They can also leave with 2 and atleast two championship game appearances.
I believe they can START a run of four National Championships in a row, even if they only win one in their last year together for UCONN.

"Always look on the bright side of life!"

You may have to skip some ads..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom