Next season | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Next season

Reaction Score
He will stay as long as Paige and Fudd are around…maybe longer a la Nick Saban
Hate to differ Paige has played a little over half the games in 3 years. I would think she should declare for the draft this year based on the college talent in the mix. If she stays and gets nicked again with next years competition her draft value could drop. As for Fudd she has a questionable set of "wheels". Geno stated she was injured as a Sophomore, Junior and didn't play a full year as a Senior in high school. Plus she was injured as a Freshman and again this year at Uconn. Next year she should play limited minutes so as not get injured. Like real limited minutes and declare for the draft being healthy. I would be disappointed to hear both of them respond to a question from their family, friends and coworkers 20 years from now with respect how was your college experience with the Brando line from On The Waterfront. "I Could Have Been Somebody".

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Ah, Shoni Schimmel and her Cardinal team. We had a Baylor fan on the Boneyard that complained endlessly about Louisville’s physical play in that game. I wonder how she feels about the state of women’s hoops now
A Baylor fan complaining about overly physical play? That's hilarious.

Reaction Score
Hate to differ Paige has played a little over half the games in 3 years. I would think she should declare for the draft this year based on the college talent in the mix. If she stays and gets nicked again with next years competition her draft value could drop. As for Fudd she has a questionable set of "wheels". Geno stated she was injured as a Sophomore, Junior and didn't play a full year as a Senior in high school. Plus she was injured as a Freshman and again this year at Uconn. Next year she should play limited minutes so as not get injured. Like real limited minutes and declare for the draft being healthy. I would be disappointed to hear both of them respond to a question from their family, friends and coworkers 20 years from now with respect how was your college experience with the Brando line from On The Waterfront. "I Could Have Been Somebody".

What I would like Junkeroo to explain is why they think there is less chance of an injury in the pros, where you play all 12 months ? Why is that a safer path for UConn players? Do they play sissy basketball in the W? Is it less physical than wcbb?
Bueckers and Fudd have legit dreams of starring in the W and in the Olympics. To do that they have to play and the chances of being injured are just as likely in the W.

Reaction Score
South Carolina is Senior laden specially with the bigs….Cardoso is good and she should return but without Boston and the rest of graduating Seniors she cannot carry them to a NC next year.
Stanford will always be great but if we avoid injuries next season we should be the favorite.
Had Paige been available for the SC game I have no doubt we would have won the game. Paige is Paige and very few are.
Is a long way to March as each day changes the dynamics of teams.
And for all those who so believe SC is unbeatable….remember this.
LOUISVILLE PULLS OFF A SHOCKER! 5-seed Cardinals STUN Brittney Griner & 1 Baylor, 82-81. Defending champ Lady Bears had 32-gm win streak View attachment 84090
SC will still be very strong even without Boston. Cardoso isn't a stiff by any means and, as they say, you can't teach height. Plus Dawn Staley has great reputation as a coach, she attracts skilled athletic players, and they like going to SC because Dawn tends to give playing time to a larger group of them than, say, some other top programs.

Reaction Score
SC will still be very strong even without Boston. Cardoso isn't a stiff by any means and, as they say, you can't teach height. Plus Dawn Staley has great reputation as a coach, she attracts skilled athletic players, and they like going to SC because Dawn tends to give playing time to a larger group of them than, say, some other top programs.
But they also lose Cooke, Saxton, Beal, Amihere and Fletcher. That's there whole starting 5 and 6th/7th man. Some of them are eligible for a covid year but not sure how much space is available with the incoming freshman class.

Reaction Score
Ya think? :eek: I think 3 words can describe next year for us............................"it's our year." ;) Geno will have a full roster (14 or 15 players depending on if Aubrey Griffin comes back. She's eligible for the draft. Her HS class graduates college in May) complete with uber talented players from top to bottom. I fully expect Ayanna and Amari to improve their game over the summer and hit their stride next year and become part of the regular 8-9 player rotation.
I agree that this is all wishful thinking. And it can only make you feel robbed and disappointed. It is exactly what we all hoped for this season. And then the unplanned for events started happening. Paige's surgery. Ice Brady surgery. Azzi Fudd recurring leg injuries. Caroline head injuries. Division I WBB is becoming like the NFL.. Just wait and see who is able to go full speed on day one and take it from there. Don't project national championships or anything else.

Reaction Score
I guarantee you that South Carolina will have the best freshman " big player" in the country. She replaced Wilson with Boston, which gave them 8 years of superiority in the paint. She will soon sign another. Not to mention the 6'7" Cardozo. They are now what UCONN was. And their draft classes ( guards and wings ) are always better than ours, at least with respect to availability. And the greatest asset for a player is availability. UCONN has two HS players of the year; Paige and Azzi. We have seen one healthy year from Paige and zero from Azzi. We keep hoping, but that doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
I guarantee you that South Carolina will have the best freshman " big player" in the country. She replaced Wilson with Boston, which gave them 8 years of superiority in the paint. She will soon sign another. Not to mention the 6'7" Cardozo. They are now what UCONN was. And their draft classes ( guards and wings ) are always better than ours, at least with respect to availability. And the greatest asset for a player is availability. UCONN has two HS players of the year; Paige and Azzi. We have seen one healthy year from Paige and zero from Azzi. We keep hoping, but that doesn't matter.
They don’t have a big coming in next year though. Just a guard and a wing.

Reaction Score
With NIL rules, Paige and Azzi can make as much money or more in college and play less games. Most pro teams will want some indication that they are healthy. Tell me again what the advantages are to go pro versus spending another year with their friends.

Reaction Score
Ya think? :eek: I think 3 words can describe next year for us............................"it's our year." ;) Geno will have a full roster (14 or 15 players depending on if Aubrey Griffin comes back. She's eligible for the draft. Her HS class graduates college in May) complete with uber talented players from top to bottom. I fully expect Ayanna and Amari to improve their game over the summer and hit their stride next year and become part of the regular 8-9 player rotation.
The team will either have 13 or 14, not 14 or 15 players next season (not counting any transfers in or out). We have 13 players now including Jana, we lose 2 seniors, Dorka and Lou, and bring in 3 freshmen in the fall. 13 minus 2 equals 11 plus 3 equals 14, Aubrey staying will not change that number but if she leaves it will be 13.

Reaction Score
8 years superiority in the paint? UCONN won National Championships 2013-2016 while South Carolina won in 2017 and 2022.

Reaction Score
This makes no sense. If she’s too injury prone to have a career she won’t make any money in the WNBA. She’d make more next year in college than she would as a rookie in the WNBA and get a college degree. Why would she drop out of school for the measly WNBA salary and a very unknown future when 2-3 more years in college, which is easier on the body, she would make more money.

Reaction Score
What I would like Junkeroo to explain is why they think there is less chance of an injury in the pros, where you play all 12 months ? Why is that a safer path for UConn players? Do they play sissy basketball in the W? Is it less physical than wcbb?
Bueckers and Fudd have legit dreams of starring in the W and in the Olympics. To do that they have to play and the chances of being injured are just as likely
Bueckers and Fudd have legit dreams of starring in the W and in the Olympics. To do that they have to play and the chances of being injured are just as likely in the W.
Alydar you have a right to your opinion however not to your facts. The WNBA is not a 12 month season also the biggest difference with injuries in the WNBA as opposed to college comes down to me in one word "insurance". That can be purchased to cover injuries.

Reaction Score
Alydar you have a right to your opinion however not to your facts. The WNBA is not a 12 month season also the biggest difference with injuries in the WNBA as opposed to college comes down to me in one word "insurance". That can be purchased to cover injuries.
College players can purchase insurance too. The WNBA isn't 12 months but to make as much as she is likley making in college she would have to play in WNBA and in Europe.

Reaction Score
This makes no sense. If she’s too injury prone to have a career she won’t make any money in the WNBA. She’d make more next year in college than she would as a rookie in the WNBA and get a college degree. Why would she drop out of school for the measly WNBA salary and a very unknown future when 2-3 more years in college, which is easier on the body, she would make more money.
Don't understand your comment that a player will make more money in college. Are you suggesting players are being paid illegally under the table? In addition numerous players return to college to finish the degree and graduate. The player can and will buy insurance in the pros. And yes I respect your opinion.

Reaction Score
With NIL rules, Paige and Azzi can make as much money or more in college and play less games. Most pro teams will want some indication that they are healthy. Tell me again what the advantages are to go pro versus spending another year with their friends.
Sir you answered your own question on "most" Pro teams needing proof of a players health. My question is why would a player chance an unnecessary injury to hang with their friends? I would think "ALL" not "MOST" pro teams want to draft a player that is 100% good to go. Sorry don't understand NIL rules but I would think NIL sponsors want all those involved to be on court playing and not sitting on the bench.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sir you answered your own question on "most" Pro teams needing proof of a players health. My question is why would a player chance an unnecessary injury to "hang with their friends"? I would think "ALL" not "MOST" pro teams want to draft a player that is 100% good to go. Sorry don't understand NIL rules but I would think NIL sponsors want all those involved to be on court playing and not sitting on the bench.
Because they have equal chance of injury while making more money in college which is less taxing on the body. The chance for injury increases at the next level while the money goes down. This isn't the NBA where a single season is life changing money. You are risking more by leaving early.

Reaction Score
Don't understand your comment that a player will make more money in college. Are you suggesting players are being paid illegally under the table? In addition numerous players return to college to finish the degree and graduate. The player can and will buy insurance in the pros. And yes I respect your opinion.
No, NIL allows players to make money from brands and schools that use their likeness. They are making hundreds of thousands of dollars from sponsorships and ads on IG. Women's college basketball is more popular than the WNBA, meaning there are more opportunities to make money. Paige will be on TV more in college just due to TV contracts in college vs WNBA, therefore more desirable for a brand to sponsor. She has had many a deal this year despite being injured because she was already so popular.

I'm sure Paige already has insurance.

Reaction Score
Because they have equal chance of injury while making more money in college which is less taxing on the body. The chance for injury increases at the next level while the money goes down. This isn't the NBA where a single season is life changing money. You are risking more by leaving early.
I agree with this point. Bueckers is making more money than anyone in WCBB and potentially the WNBA sitting on the bench. She proved her pedigree a year ago but if you are at a UConn, you are most marketable in college from NIL deals, looks and brands.

JBK

Reaction Score
I agree with this point. Bueckers is making more money than anyone in WCBB and potentially the WNBA sitting on the bench. She proved her pedigree a year ago but if you are at a UConn, you are most marketable in college from NIL deals, looks and brands.
Agree
The WNBA does not have the fan base that college has. Playing in sold out arenas most nights.

Orc

Reaction Score
The rash of injuries got me thinking to what a full roster would look like next year. We have only two seniors, granted two very good seniors, but that is fewer than any other team in the top ten. Of course some of those seniors on other teams may stick around for the and one, but there is going to be a mad scramble in the transfer portal, maybe even some poaching going on.
Too many injuries this year. Sorry but if this happens again next year, then I hope they get new trainers.

Reaction Score
8 years superiority in the paint? UCONN won National Championships 2013-2016 while South Carolina won in 2017 and 2022.
But tell me who was better than Wilson or Boston during that time period? My comment was 8 years of superiority in the paint. You disagree? So who was better in the paint than those two players?

Reaction Score
South Carolina is Senior laden specially with the bigs….Cardoso is good and she should return but without Boston and the rest of graduating Seniors she cannot carry them to a NC next year.
Stanford will always be great but if we avoid injuries next season we should be the favorite.
Had Paige been available for the SC game I have no doubt we would have won the game. Paige is Paige and very few are.
Is a long way to March as each day changes the dynamics of teams.
And for all those who so believe SC is unbeatable….remember this.
LOUISVILLE PULLS OFF A SHOCKER! 5-seed Cardinals STUN Brittney Griner & 1 Baylor, 82-81. Defending champ Lady Bears had 32-gm win streak View attachment 84090
You are sure about that SC comment regarding Bueckers? So in the last 3 seasons, Uconn has played SC four times; they won the first game with Muhl starting and playing 35 minutes. They lost both games last year by a combined 31 points with Muhl playing 19 minutes, 3 in one and 16 in the other. This year, they lost by 4 with the obviously depleted squad with Muhl playing 39 minutes. Bueckers played major minutes in the first three games, obviously none this year.
Now, all that proves absolutely nothing but maybe does provide a little food for thought?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom