Newton: It’s early but we hope he can go this week | The Boneyard

Newton: It’s early but we hope he can go this week

Reaction Score
It’s early but we hope he can go this week. Waiting.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
He's young. He'll be fine.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I'm betting he'll be a "game time decision" in Oregon. Don't think it was a severe injury, just based on what I saw. We shall see, the MD's handling the team will know.

Reaction Score
People on twitter are saying he’s fine, but I need to hear it from Hurley in the post game presser

Reaction Score
Can you get an inguinal hernia from that stretch? Looked like the area he was holding.

Reaction Score
Very much hope it was only a tap and not a pull of the groin.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Definitely done this before, hopefully it's just tweaked and no biggie. Glad I've never gone and full blown my groin. :oops:

Reaction Score
I don't even understand why he was still in the game when they were up by 30+.

Were you the lady behind me complaining some of the starters were still in? Lol.

The coach isn't going to play the bench scrubs until the last minute because they're trying different lineups, running different defenses, new offensive sets, and having guys play positions they aren't used to. Part of the gig with these kind of cupcake games is that it's good for the other team too. Playing against Sanogo and the other starters is good for the kids at DSU too. They get better and develop their skills to hopefully make a run and win their conference.

Reaction Score
I'm glad it wasn't a torn ACL. That would be really bad if it was considering they big tournament coming up with PK80.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't even understand why he was still in the game when they were up by 30+.
Personally I think when you’re up by 30 they should just mercy rule the whole thing. I mean both teams could get injured. And a fan could slip on a half a pretzel or something on the floor. Really games are just dangerous. They should just run simulations.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
lately, i could post this every day around here
db91b4918f2667208ca8ed18aeb543df.jpg

dr.boneyard, medical detective!
the story, thus far in todays pound...
the nice lady, just before the big game, kinda takes a header, mebbe faints. off to hospital, now out, reports are she is feeling much better...

point baller, mebbe slips. lots of groin jokes, a call or two on cramps, whispers on hammys, reports of danny saying he got hit in a bad spot, late thoughts on an acl. telemedicine remote diagnosis raising ideas of inguinal hernia, whatever that is.

that is all.

Reaction Score
Personally I think when you’re up by 30 they should just mercy rule the whole thing. I mean both teams could get injured. And a fan could slip on a half a pretzel or something on the floor. Really games are just dangerous. They should just run simulations.
If I’m a coach and up 30 I’m saving my starters. You never know what could happen. That’s just my philosophy. I understand what Hurley is trying to do though

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If I’m a coach and up 30 I’m saving my starters. You never know what could happen. That’s just my philosophy. I understand what Hurley is trying to do though
I know, right. it is very concerning.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Were you the lady behind me complaining some of the starters were still in? Lol.

The coach isn't going to play the bench scrubs until the last minute because they're trying different lineups, running different defenses, new offensive sets, and having guys play positions they aren't used to. Part of the gig with these kind of cupcake games is that it's good for the other team too. Playing against Sanogo and the other starters is good for the kids at DSU too. They get better and develop their skills to hopefully make a run and win their conference.
If you are up by 40 with 4 mins left I think it's ok to save your starters/stars. Doesn't mean the walk ons have to come in but not even close to worth risking it.

Reaction Score

No, but I think like her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom