Newton: It’s early but we hope he can go this week | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Newton: It’s early but we hope he can go this week

Reaction Score
With Hurley, you just don't know. "He seems fine...day to day..."

terry gilliam film GIF
Hopefully it's just a flesh wound......as they say when searching for the Holy Grail.......

Reaction Score
Hurley has been a pretty successful college coach and that's his system. We're going to have to learn to live with it. But if you look at the quote below, it sure seems like Newton is fine.

“If there is any negative (from the Delaware State game) it’s just not getting Andre that cardio, into the 20-minute-plus range, Tristen (Newton) not into the 20-plus range, are probably the only negatives for me,” Hurley said.
I hope you are right man. I love Newton’s game and want to see him out there. I’ve obviously just been worried about him as he’s an extremely important piece to our success

Reaction Score
Newton is not hurt. Hurley already told us. Y’all just refuse to believe him lmaoo. Lunacy
I don’t really take Hurley’s word as bond on injuries as he’s had a track record of not being clear on that stuff. That said, you are probably right, he’s likely fine, that 10% uncertainty just got to me, I’m aware I have been overly anxious about it

Reaction Score
I don’t really take Hurley’s word as bond on injuries as he’s had a track record of not being clear on that stuff. That said, you are probably right, he’s likely fine, that 10% uncertainty just got to me, I’m aware I have been overly anxious about it
But he wasn’t vague. He was very clear

Reaction Score
I’m kind of over it now.

But I didn’t think he was clear at all. I felt he was making a guess at it when he was asked what happened. He did say “he’s fine” though

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
He was clear as he was saying something that was clearly untrue (about him getting hit in the stones) so it made one wonder about the rest of it, given he doesn’t like giving information on injuries

Reaction Score
He was clear as he was saying something that was clearly untrue (about him getting hit in the stones) so it made one wonder about the rest of it, given he doesn’t like giving information on injuries
“He’s fine”. You can’t be more clear than that

Reaction Score
DH is takin' notes on the Belichick School of Diplomacy re: communicating with the press on injuries.

Reaction Score
Are we really sure it was untrue though? Because the clip was posted in this thread and you can see the defender's elbow flying straight towards him as he goes to the floor

Reaction Score
“He’s fine”. You can’t be more clear than that
Alright man we get it. You were right. Hurley was SUPER CLEAR. Take your imaginary trophy and carry on. Go UConn

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Are we really sure it was untrue though? Because the clip was posted in this thread and you can see the defender's elbow flying straight towards him as he goes to the floor
I guess it’s possible.
I fully support how Hurley handles the injury info, but because of it, I don’t think we have any real insight into whether or not he tweaked his groin based on Hurley saying “he’s fine”.

Reaction Score

I guess it’s possible.
I fully support how Hurley handles the injury info, but because of it, I don’t think we have any real insight into whether or not he tweaked his groin based on Hurley saying “he’s fine”.
It was an unnatural stretch for him. He tweaked his groin. He was reaching down wincing in "pain" before and the defender came near that area. And he's fine. = All true

Hurley saying he got hit in the junk was not true but tongue in cheek to explain that in truth he'll be fine.

Reaction Score
If Borges says things look good I believe his take.
Are there no beat writers in Oregon?

Reaction Score
If I’m a coach and up 30 I’m saving my starters. You never know what could happen. That’s just my philosophy. I understand what Hurley is trying to do though
Are you crazy! You are acting like KenPom doesn't take into account margin of victory. We can't let the spreadsheets and nerds win!

Need to play the starters until the final gun.

;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom