Newsome in good company... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Newsome in good company...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not to completely hijack this thread, but Coach Diaco needs to understand this is not Notre Dame. We can't get recruits from all over the country. If a recruit fro Cali shows interest, then by all means look at the tape. But other than that we need to concentrate our resources into a clear area: New Jersey, New England, New York, Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, Canada (all the Canadian players we have had have been solid contributors). Focus in these areas, and good things will happen.

Reaction Score
Not to completely hijack this thread, but Coach Diaco needs to understand this is not Notre Dame. We can't get recruits from all over the country. If a recruit fro Cali shows interest, then by all means look at the tape. But other than that we need to concentrate our resources into a clear area: New Jersey, New England, New York, Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, Canada (all the Canadian players we have had have been solid contributors). Focus in these areas, and good things will happen.
He has already said so as he referred to it as the "recruiting footprint".

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Diaco has stated and IMO we have seen CT isn't just Uconn's home turf. Year after year we see recruits from CT,NY,MD, PA to name a few. Some good talent to be found in those states. Some you hit on some you miss on. That's football recruiting for you. Have we ever seen 21 commits before Christmas before? A bunch came rolling in much earlier than expected. These kids are on board. They are Diaco's kids. The 15 or 16 from the 2014 class as well. Patience. I am not happy with the current state of the football program either. But I believe things are turning around. If you can get a team playing for and believing in a coach you have a better chance than a more talented team playing for themselves. This is what Diaco seems to echo. Don't jump down the mans throat. We haven't been in this position before as Uconn fan's. This is new ground for all of us. Change is never easy. Chang takes time. Let it run its course and see what happens. I will remain loyal to my huskies no matter what and no matter where I am. I am sick of the negativity and hate from some people. If you're that upset, just don't bother AT ALL. Leave go now. Please. But spare us loyal and believing folks the annoying negative drivel.

I am an East Coast diehard Raider fan. I have been through this for the past 12 years. I know losing and I know shameful football when I see it. Be patient, have faith, and believe things will be better in due time.

"Durr if you don't think exactly what I think - go away."

As if just saying everything is great is being loyal.

And pretending that playing together is better than having a good team is something Spackler would tell us 3 sheets to the wind in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate
Top Bottom