New Uniforms For The ND Game Only (photo) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Uniforms For The ND Game Only (photo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
The Blue Demons are DePaul. Think the Phat Demons may be Duke?

This conundrum is bedeviling me!

What you need is a demon-stration of Duke vs DePaul.

Reaction Score
What you need is a demon-stration of Duke vs DePaul.

Let's start with the Fat Demon himself, Dr. Faust, who got his PhD at Duke:

10+Falstaff+rl+334.jpg

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
OMG - that picture Nan posted reminded me of the troopers uniforms on the Death Star in the Empire Strikes Back. They. Are. Butt. UGLY! Could someone arrange a good Karma transplant, please?

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Think of the special uni as a commercial version of a Greek frieze of the Goddess Nike:)

Attachments

• nike.jpg
    nike.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 66
Reaction Score
I read somewhere else that Nike will be furnishing several select teams with new uniforms but there was some uncertainty as to whether they were referring to men's teams or women's. And now this related bit of news.

Apparently the style uniforms UConn players (women) have been wearing in recent years are called "sweatbacks," in reference to the pattern woven into the fabric on the backs of the uniforms. As I recall, the first version had six or seven stars in the design to represent national championships.

I haven't gotten close enough to a player to actually see the pattern. I wish that ESPN or (more likely) CPTV would have a camera do a close-up sometime so viewers like me could see the pattern clearly.

Back to you, Harriet.
"Sweatbacks" is right! The current uniforms are nasty....on television it definitely looks like the players have sweated through the backs of their shirts.

Reaction Score
Wait until you see the special uniform Nike has arranged for Geno to wear that day!

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Let's start with the Fat Demon himself, Dr. Faust, who got his PhD at Duke:

10+Falstaff+rl+334.jpg

Now that cuts it... first you take credit for Oovy and now you publish a photo of me without proper license fees paid/proper attribution!

I'm off to call the FBI....

Your Ol' Pal Boo

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Hee, hee.... Just read that all of the numbers and letters are reflective. So maybe if Geno glares at a player her number will light up!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Re. Barbarella, for those to young to recall....

Note that the director/producer, Roger Vadim was a Frenchman with excellent taste in his female companions. Jane Fonda, Brigette Bardot and Catherine Deneuve, among others. He had a good run, I guess.

(hey DD, will this get me in trouble?:))

Reaction Score
Looks like the women's uni has red trim instead of flag blue. I'll wait to see it before i judge, but I think I'd prefer flag blue trim, cuz tradition matters.
Aren't those the colors of Ohio State?

Reaction Score
really Nike, how hard is it to make a nice looking uniform?

Apparently quite difficult. I think Nike is out of control on the "revolutionary" designs for its college uniforms. These are just plain ugly.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
OMG - that picture Nan posted reminded me of the troopers uniforms on the Death Star in the Empire Strikes Back. They. Are. Butt. UGLY! Could someone arrange a good Karma transplant, please?

nike_troopers.jpg

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Biff - nice photshop!
I actually don't mind the overall design idea (and yes, they do come with specially designed shoes!) but I really, really hate the arrogance of changing a team's color - the Uconn men get a blue so dark that it looks black, and the women get RED??!!! CT state colors are Nat Flag Blue and White, Uconn team colors are Nat Flag Blue and White - I am OK with subbing gray/silver/platinum (whatever you want to call it) for the white, but to just ignore the team color is plain wrong - next thing we know Nike will tell Uconn that we can't use the Husky as our mascot - we have to start calling the team the Red Bears or something! (Of course that last suggestion might please our Ursine posting community!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom