New Uniforms For The ND Game Only (photo) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Uniforms For The ND Game Only (photo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For decades, the Uconn colors were blue and white. In recent years a variety of colors were tried and mixed. Could $$ be involed with the companies who manufacture these uniforms?
It could be the same old story: anything new, is better.

Right on. You have a blue/white jersey and now you need a gray/red one. $$$$$$$$$

Reaction Score
Yes, first thing I thought of. Hope this does not become a one and done uniform also.

So, it was the uniforms that made it possible for Duke to advance the ball up the floor as quickly as they did without a UConn player as much as waving at hand at them allowing Duke to get that great, uncontested look at the three as time expired?

Reaction Score
So, it was the uniforms that made it possible for Duke to advance the ball up the floor as quickly as they did without a UConn player as much as waving at hand at them allowing Duke to get that great, uncontested look at the three as time expired?

Absolutely. I was there and that's how it happened.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not exactly. The uniform actually prevented UConn from waving a hand at them. The uniforms didn't help Duke (how could they.....that's nuts), but they hurt UConn. It was UConn wearing the uniforms, not Duke. To think a uniform worn by one team could affect the other team......that's crazy talk.

Reaction Score
I'm with Ice on this one, not a good game to mess with our mojo. Question: Does ND have to wear special (especially) ugly uniforms, too? And changing the school colors IS JUST WRONG!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm with Ice on this one, not a good game to mess with our mojo. Question: Does ND have to wear special (especially) ugly uniforms, too? And changing the school colors IS JUST WRONG!
Amen.

Reaction Score
You don't find their normal green uniforms ugly???
Good point, Meyers...of course, their unis aren't as horrid as the pukey green shirts their fans wear!

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Since I originally fell in love (at age 7) with Dodger blue, I've been very interested in uniforms and their designs. I've always appreciated the classic well-designed uniforms of teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, etc. Baseball went through a horrible period of ugly uniforms in the 1970s, but thankfully returned to outfits that resembled the classic baseball uniforms of the past.

As for the proposed new Nike platinum basketball uniforms, it's interesting that the photos of these new uniforms are so dark one can barely make them out, especially the proposed uniform for the Huskies. And it seems that UConn is not the only one getting these uniforms. The LA Times has a big article rating each one of the uniforms. UConn's gets a B-. Who else is getting them? Arizona, Duke, Florida, Kentucky, North Carolina, Syracuse, and Baylor (with very little green). Looks like Nike is doing everything in its power to make all of these top teams look the same. Just from the photos, I'd rate them all an F.

Los Angeles Times article on the Nike Platinum uniforms

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
OMG - that picture Nan posted reminded me of the troopers uniforms on the Death Star in the Empire Strikes Back. They. Are. Butt. UGLY! Could someone arrange a good Karma transplant, please?

Funny, just the other day after watching Tennessee on TV, I was planning to post something about their uniforms, but got distracted. This has absolutely nothing to do with the rivalry between UConn and Tennessee (which doesn't seem to be much of a rivalry these days), but the Lady Vols have without a doubt the ugliest uniform that I've seen in women's basketball. Orange is a fine color in moderation (Syracuse, for example, wears their orange, at least on their home uniforms, as trim--which is appropriate). But to wear solid orange with orange undershirts, etc., is just very difficult to look at. Why they would want the girls on the team to look like that is beyond me. Tennessee needs a good designer to give them some class. [Maybe they can find someone from "Project Runway" to redo them. ;) ] Too bad Nike didn't include them in their redesign. Even those platinum uniforms would be an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom