New Uniforms For The ND Game Only (photo) | The Boneyard

New Uniforms For The ND Game Only (photo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
From Sox&Dawgs:

AkA6Nv7CEAEYpwM.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
AAAaaahhhh! Does no one remember the Duke loss of 2004!? With the silver uniforms?!

Related LINK
Yes, first thing I thought of. Hope this does not become a one and done uniform also.

Reaction Score
Came to my mind also! Why mess????
For decades, the Uconn colors were blue and white. In recent years a variety of colors were tried and mixed. Could $$ be involed with the companies who manufacture these uniforms?
It could be the same old story: anything new, is better.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I like the idea. Yes, the Duke incident is all too fresh, but maybe this will exorcise that demon.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I read somewhere else that Nike will be furnishing several select teams with new uniforms but there was some uncertainty as to whether they were referring to men's teams or women's. And now this related bit of news.

Apparently the style uniforms UConn players (women) have been wearing in recent years are called "sweatbacks," in reference to the pattern woven into the fabric on the backs of the uniforms. As I recall, the first version had six or seven stars in the design to represent national championships.

I haven't gotten close enough to a player to actually see the pattern. I wish that ESPN or (more likely) CPTV would have a camera do a close-up sometime so viewers like me could see the pattern clearly.

Back to you, Harriet.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I haven't gotten close enough to a player to actually see the pattern. I wish that ESPN or (more likely) CPTV would have a camera do a close-up sometime so viewers like me could see the pattern clearly.

Back to you, Harriet.

They really are nice, and I think they once did a feature showing the pattern in the back, IIRC, it includes the oak leaf symbol of the school. But I support the hint to Harriet to do it again, for those who didn't see it before, and even those who did, who would be happy to see it again.

Reaction Score
Utterly tacky. Looks like something cooked up by whoever did the costumes for Barbarella.

Reaction Score
well syracuse is wearing it too we wont be the only tacky ones lol

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I like the idea. Yes, the Duke incident is all too fresh, but maybe this will exorcise that demon.
nothin' worse than a fat demon!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
i thought it was the mens team wearing it Sunday against ND

Both UConn teams will wear the new unis in their upcoming home games against ND. The men play ND this weekend and the women play ND Feb 27.

Reaction Score
Both UConn teams will wear the new unis in their upcoming home games against ND. The men play ND this weekend and the women play ND Feb 27.
Thats Tiffany Hayes last home game i hope she put up 30+ points

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
For decades, the Uconn colors were blue and white. In recent years a variety of colors were tried and mixed. Could $$ be involed with the companies who manufacture these uniforms?
It could be the same old story: anything new, is better.

"Is money involved?"

If Nike is involved, it's always about money.

Will Nike direct the girls to wear a new, color-coordinated shoe design too?

Highly likely!

Reaction Score
AAAaaahhhh! Does no one remember the Duke loss of 2004!? With the silver uniforms?!

Related LINK
First thing I thought of when I saw the subject line.

"Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
We're DOOOOOMED!
The world as we know it will end. Playing in dirty space laundry. Kind of makes me yearn for the Maryland football uniforms. We will never be able to see the numbers on TV.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Utterly tacky. Looks like something cooked up by whoever did the costumes for Barbarella.
Exactly, my response, Wonk, space laundry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom