New transfer thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

New transfer thread

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
So here’s a question. It’s rumored that ND WBB has an overnight visitor on campus tomorrow and Friday. It is my understanding that Sedona Prince played on McD AA and/or USA basketball teams with Nixon, Prohaska & Peoples.

I would have expected that since Peoples has only been on campus for a few weeks, either Nixon or Prohaska would have been Sedona’s designated host, much as Christyn & Liv hosted Sedona when she visited Storrs. Is it possible that Sedona expected to be staying with Nixon this week only to learn yesterday of a change in plans?

Hmm...now that question is outside of my social-media digging abilities (Orangutan?). So, I'll just rely a bit on intuition. You bring up McD games and Katlyn Gilbert was also in that game, so there's another possible option.

I guess some of this also relies on Prince's non-hoops preferences: what does she plan on majoring in? Hobbies? Strong belief in faith, etc.....

You could mix and match those aspects with some team/event experience and a team leader, say Abby Prohaska (she needs a roomie now that Nixon is leaving) and Mik Vaughn, who is very personable (even charismatic) and plays the post, to boot.

Guess we'll find out soon enough. We Irish fans are also interested if this other "major 2020 target" shows up and who will be paired with her...

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not a vegan. Not a vegetarian.

I’ll gladly take this outside. *rolls up sleeves*

Careful @Argonaut ... don't fall in.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So here’s a question. It’s rumored that ND WBB has an overnight visitor on campus tomorrow and Friday. It is my understanding that Sedona Prince played on McD AA and/or USA basketball teams with Nixon, Prohaska & Peoples.

I would have expected that since Peoples has only been on campus for a few weeks, either Nixon or Prohaska would have been Sedona’s designated host, much as Christyn & Liv hosted Sedona when she visited Storrs. Is it possible that Sedona expected to be staying with Nixon this week only to learn yesterday of a change in plans?

If I recall correctly, Prince played on the U18 team that Prohaska and Nixon were selected to but did not play on because they opted to go on ND's European tour instead. So Peoples would be the one she has played with.

I'm thinking that I hadn't seen Nixon on anybody's instagram story/photos last week either. So probably she didn't show up for summer classes/workouts altogether and wouldn't have been lined up to host Prince.

I have no idea what their policy is on who hosts recruits on visits. I think if I were making the assignment, I would make Katie Cole her host. Not only is she now the veteran of the bunch, she also seems to be beloved by all her teammates and is generally just a ray of sunshine.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, Prince played on the U18 team that Prohaska and Nixon were selected to but did not play on because they opted to go on ND's European tour instead. So Peoples would be the one she has played with.

I'm thinking that I hadn't seen Nixon on anybody's instagram story/photos last week either. So probably she didn't show up for summer classes/workouts altogether and wouldn't have been lined up to host Prince.

I have no idea what their policy is on who hosts recruits on visits. I think if I were making the assignment, I would make Katie Cole her host. Not only is she now the veteran of the bunch, she also seems to be beloved by all her teammates and is generally just a ray of sunshine.
Not sure exactly who was on which USA basketball team, but Prince and Nixon certainly played together at the McD AA game. A year earlier, the relationship between Walker and Westbrook was strengthened during their time together leading up to that game, something that proved to be critical in Westbrook’s decision to transfer to UConn.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Not sure exactly who was on which USA basketball team, but Prince and Nixon certainly played together at the McD AA game. A year earlier, the relationship between Walker and Westbrook was strengthened during their time together leading up to that game, something that proved to be critical in Westbrook’s decision to transfer to UConn.

Fair enough, I didn't check as to who played on which team (East or West) in that game.

Nixon didn't seem very outgoing, at least from social media (that's fine, Lindsay Allen was also quite reserved). So I doubt getting Prince depended in substantial part on her relationship with Nixon, but it's certainly possible. If they were tight, though, Prince likely would have already known Nixon was contemplating leaving when scheduling her own visit.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Fair enough, I didn't check as to who played on which team (East or West) in that game.

Nixon didn't seem very outgoing, at least from social media (that's fine, Lindsay Allen was also quite reserved). So I doubt getting Prince depended in substantial part on her relationship with Nixon, but it's certainly possible. If they were tight, though, Prince likely would have already known Nixon was contemplating leaving when scheduling her own visit.
Interesting comment on Nixon being somewhat reserved. There is a video floating around taken by Westbrook during the McD AA week featuring many of her teammates. Evina is clearly the extrovert in the video. Megan is the introvert in the video, occasionally grinning, not saying much of anything.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Angela Harris, who averaged 15 ppg at Houston last year and ranked 16th in the nation in steals per game, lands at Kansas State:

According to this article, she's expected to fill the void left at PG by the departure of Kayla Goth.

“I was hearing from a lot of schools, but the two others I visited were George Washington and Kansas. After I visited K-State, I canceled my visits to Rutgers and Temple because I knew that was where I wanted to be,” Harris said to GoPowercat. “When I first put my name into the portal, Coach Mittie called me immediately. They were the only school that had their head coach call me first. That really set them apart.​

As a grad transfer, Harris will have immediate eligibility.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Baylor finally announces Cooper as Grad Transfer.

1 more announcement coming soon.
Quite a lengthy time between Cooper’s visit to Waco and the announcement. Is it possible that Cooper had to complete some academic work to become eligible?

Reaction Score
Quite a lengthy time between Cooper’s visit to Waco and the announcement. Is it possible that Cooper had to complete some academic work to become eligible?

I am not sure. But she has already moved to Waco and may even be enrolled in Summer Session 2.

Reaction Score
I don't like to use names until it's announced in case something changes last minutes but yes her.
I think she will actually be a big asset to the team. No, she isn't Kalani Brown, but she is a big body with a lot of Big-12 experience. A nice complement to what you guys already have in Smith, Cox, Egbo, and DeCosta.

Reaction Score
Nope, she graduated from SC and walked with her class two months ago. She’s been long gone from campus, very much attached to D. Howard’s hip wherever he goes.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think she will actually be a big asset to the team. No, she isn't Kalani Brown, but she is a big body with a lot of Big-12 experience. A nice complement to what you guys already have in Smith, Cox, Egbo, and DeCosta.
Not sure what she would contribute. She didn’t start on a bad Texas Tech team. She averaged 20 min, 9 points and looked woefully out of shape. But 6’4” is still 6’4” I guess.

Reaction Score
Not sure what she would contribute. She didn’t start on a bad Texas Tech team. She averaged 20 min, 9 points and looked woefully out of shape. But 6’4” is still 6’4” I guess.
6'6" per Texas Tech, and no, you aren't in good shape if she is starting an expected to be a big time contributor, but as a sub for a few minutes here and there off the bench for Smith or Cox, you could do a lot worse.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Yikes for Baylor with Cooper. Maybe Te'a will do better under Kim but she appears to have ruffled feathers at both Tennessee and SC. She's always come across as a "me first" player and is now going to her 3rd school, plus she decommitted from NC which brings the school count to 4. Not sure she's worth the risk IMO, especially with Baylor having so much talent and a great chance to repeat without adding her to the mix. Maybe she'll prove me wrong. I'd love to see Baylor's bigs have a strong point guard feeding them the ball.

Also, Degrate seems like a nice pickup for depth but I don't see her getting minutes with Cox, Smith, and Egbo all ahead of her. I understand if she wants to play for a better team though and compete for a title.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
6'6" per Texas Tech, and no, you aren't in good shape if she is starting an expected to be a big time contributor, but as a sub for a few minutes here and there off the bench for Smith or Cox, you could do a lot worse.

I agree with this, but Baylor also has a long 6-5 Queen Egbo in the mix too along with Aquira Decosta who is likely a 3 or 4 and is a sensational athlete. Not sure if Degrate will ever see the floor in big games.

Reaction Score
I agree with this, but Baylor also has a long 6-5 Queen Egbo in the mix too along with Aquira Decosta who is likely a 3 or 4 and is a sensational athlete. Not sure if Degrate will ever see the floor in big games.

Egbo is 6'3 not 6'5. However, does have long arms like Cox so she may play like 6'5.

Baylor was Jackson's 3rd school. However, she didn't have issues at those other schools.

Degrate is from the Waco area and went to La Vega HS with Juicy and won titles with her. So kinda makes sense on multiple levels as to why she ended up in Waco. She played well against Kalani last season. So I hope BU coaches can get her into shape so she can be effective with her limited minutes. Her experience will be a big pick up. As all the other post are still underclassmen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom