New transfer thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New transfer thread

Reaction Score
Great post Tony, thank you. A poignant piece to be sure. I nominate this post for "Post of the day". It's a post that stirs our consciousness about the recruiting game and keeps us in check. EVERYONE here in the yard should read this.

Well said.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Sidney Cooks' name has been mentioned here in the yard daily the last few weeks. Just who is Sidney Cooks? :rolleyes:

View attachment 42809

"The former McDonald’s All-American from Kenosha, Wis., announced on her Twitter account Friday afternoon plans to leave the Michigan State Spartans after two seasons. The 6-foot-4 Cooks just finished her sophomore year. She was a key performer off the bench and averaged 9.5 points and 4.5 rebounds while appearing in 30 games, which included eight starts. She shot 48.1 percent from the field and 40.7 percent from behind the 3-point arc this winter.

Cooks was a legit McDonald's All-American (St. Joseph Catholic Academy (Kenosha, Wisconsin), who also excelled with USA Basketball playing for Team USA in the 2016 FIBA 3x3 World Cup and starting for the U18 Team that won the 2016 FIBA U18 Americas Championship. She finished 2nd on the team in rebounding behind Lauren Cox and 4th in scoring behind Cox, Chennedy Carter, and Amber Ramirez.

During her recruitment period, she received in home visits from Minnesota, Penn State, UCLA, Florida, Marquette, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Pittsburgh, Purdue and Wisconsin. Parents are Sonya and Jimmie Cooks.

CAREER HIGHS:
Field Goals: 10, vs. Central Michigan (3-23-19)
Free Throws: 5, vs. Rhode Island (12/9/17)
3-Point Field Goals: 3, four times, last vs. Toledo (3/19/18)
Rebounds: 12, vs Notre Dame (3/25/19)
Assists: 3, four times, last vs. Northwestern (1/3/18)
Blocks: 4, vs. Indiana (3/1/18)
Steals: 2, two times, last vs. Rhode Island (12/9/17)
Minutes: 37, at Michigan (1/23/18)
Stats for her last 10 games [Link]

Cooks ended the year with a strong showing in the NCAA tournament. She scored 21 points on 10 of 14 shooting in an opening-round win over Central Michigan and followed with 17 points on 8-of-12 shooting in a season-ending loss to eventual national runner-up Notre Dame.

"After many thoughts, prayers, and of course talking to the people in my life that mean the most, I have decided that I will not be returning to Michigan State University," Cooks wrote. "I appreciate everyone who helped me throughout the journey. Thank you to the coaches and the MSU staff. I will forever be grateful for this opportunity. I'm going to miss my teammates who have become like sisters to me. I also want to thank the fans and little girls I've met always cheering me on."

"I think just showing what I can do and being consistent with it (was what I did)," Cooks told the Lansing State Journal just outside the locker room following the loss to Notre Dame."I came into here with a lot of things on my plate and then I got injured this year and it kind of slumped me down a little bit. But Sidney hasn't gone anywhere. It’s just a matter of me finishing and getting into a rhythm when I get in the game.
"Really, I just went into these (NCAA tournament) games with a clear mind to just go out there and hoop and have fun and it will all work out in the end, whether we win or lose. I’ll be proud of the things that I put in there."

We probably won't hear anything "official" coming out of the Cooks camp on potential landing spots until the present school year ends.
I'm beginning to suspect identity theft . . .

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm beginning to suspect identity theft . . .

No ID theft here Gus, it's me. Like Mike Greenberg says on his ESPN morning sports talk program "Get Up", I'm back and better than ever. :)

I had some issues after changing handles, and was unable to log on for 3 days, but as you can see, they've been resolved. I was beginning to go through withdrawals. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't know what the link is to check where the transfers are named or to where they are heading to. Anyone know if Hannah Friend the former Farmington High All-State player may have signed with? Know that she signed with Delaware originally then went to Sacramento State. Many thanks!

Reaction Score
Don't know what the link is to check where the transfers are named or to where they are heading to. Anyone know if Hannah Friend the former Farmington High All-State player may have signed with? Know that she signed with Delaware originally then went to Sacramento State. Many thanks!
Hannah Friend tweeted on April 23 that she will attend Pepperdine to complete her final season of basketball eligibility.

4 players, including leading scorer, leave Sac State’s women’s basketball team early

Reaction Score

Attachments

• Hannah Friend.jpg
    Hannah Friend.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 39
Reaction Score
Have we hear what schools Mimi Collins is considering? Also other than MSST what other schools is Sydney Cooks considering?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No ID theft here Gus, it's me. Like Mike Greenberg says on his ESPN morning sports talk program "Get Up", I'm back and better than ever. :)

I had some issues after changing handles, and was unable to log on for 3 days, but as you can see, they've been resolved. I was beginning to go through withdrawals. :confused:
Welcome back, the Magnificent One!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Indiana now becoming the go-to for for folks leaving ND, I guess. Teri Moren won't mind.

Pardon my ignorance. Who was the other Irish player that transferred to the Hoosiers?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This young woman is 6-3

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
One of Penn State’s 2019 Commits has flipped to Ohio State. Madison Greene out of Pickerington Central announced last night.

I know this is transfers, but I think she signed so it would “technically” be a transfer, no?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
This young woman is 6-3

Not big enough to satisfy some Boneyarders. ;)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
One of Penn State’s 2019 Commits has flipped to Ohio State. Madison Greene out of Pickerington Central announced last night.

I know this is transfers, but I think she signed so it would “technically” be a transfer, no?

According to this article, she was let out of her commitment, so "no harm, no foul?" Heck, for what we're all trying to keep track of, it still is worth noting. Thanks.

Here's the relevant line and a link to the whole article:
"She had originally signed to Penn State in November but was released from her National Letter of Intent after Penn State's head coach Coquese Washington was let go in March."

Four-star Point Guard Madison Greene Commits to Ohio State

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom