New transfer thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New transfer thread

Reaction Score
Raoul Man of Mystery reports that Rebecca Ripley, a redshirt freshman at Miami (FL), is transferring to UCF. She played very little this year, averaging only 3.3 minutes per game in 15 games played.

I am s.o.l now that Raoul locked his twitter account.

Reaction Score
Sure does! Isn’t it out of her control that they don’t play her ideal tempo?:D
How can you play more up tempo than press full court 40 minutes all out? Vic’s offense use to be slow it down and play half court but that was dictated by personnel, recently, last two years, he has run a combination of fast transition offense if possible and if that is not available feed the post. Next year I feel his personnel will dictate a real up tempo offense, he will have the bigger higher scoring guards that were not available the last two years. I really did not followed Sidney Cooks Michigan State career very close but she sounds to me like she could meld very well with next years team.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t Sidney Cooks have to sit for a transfer year or is there an argument for her immediate eligibility? Otherwise that would put her in the same class as their other two posts. Unless she is an amazing talent I don’t see it.

Though she does like to roam the perimeter a bit for a post, I would actually expect Sidney Cooks to be Miss State's top front court player should she decide to transfer there.

Cooks was a legit McDonald's All-American who also excelled with USA Basketball playing for Team USA in the 2016 FIBA 3x3 World Cup and starting for the U18 Team that won the 2016 FIBA U18 Americas Championship (where she finished 2nd on the team in rebounding behind Lauren Cox and =4th in scoring behind Cox, Chennedy Carter, and Amber Ramirez).

Jessika Carter looked very solid as a freshman and would probably be a good fit to start at the 5 alongside Sidney Cooks as a stretch 4, but I see Cooks emerging as the primary front court option. I would compare her game to former FSU and current Seattle Storm starter Natasha Howard.

The other Miss State post, Promise Taylor, put up respectable numbers during her lone collegiate season before transferring, but Ole Miss was a 12-19 team. And I actually follow the Pac-12 and West Coast hoops pretty closely and she was not on many radars coming out of HS in Washington, so it remains to be seen what she will be able to produce at an elite program like Miss State.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Who is Morris? Do you mean (Minyon) Moore? Or is Morris the the 6'6" JUCO transfer mentioned?

The poster above you answered who Yemiyah Morris is. And yes, she's the 6'6' Juco.

Interesting that we have 3 visiting this weekend, and only 2 spots. Someone's not gonna make the team.

Reaction Score
Though she does like to roam the perimeter a bit for a post, I would actually expect Sidney Cooks to be Miss State's top front court player should she decide to transfer there.

Cooks was a legit McDonald's All-American who also excelled with USA Basketball playing for Team USA in the 2016 FIBA 3x3 World Cup and starting for the U18 Team that won the 2016 FIBA U18 Americas Championship (where she finished 2nd on the team in rebounding behind Lauren Cox and =4th in scoring behind Cox, Chennedy Carter, and Amber Ramirez).

Jessika Carter looked very solid as a freshman and would probably be a good fit to start at the 5 alongside Sidney Cooks as a stretch 4, but I see Cooks emerging as the primary front court option. I would compare her game to former FSU and current Seattle Storm starter Natasha Howard.

The other Miss State post, Promise Taylor, put up respectable numbers during her lone collegiate season before transferring, but Ole Miss was a 12-19 team. And I actually follow the Pac-12 and West Coast hoops pretty closely and she was not on many radars coming out of HS in Washington, so it remains to be seen what she will be able to produce at an elite program like Miss State.
iMHO, Promise will be the post if she is fully recovered. I have not seen much actual playing time for Promise but she played Big Tee heads up twice and she made it rough on Tee. If she can guard Tee one on one then I believe she can guard any post. I see next year’s offense being more outside oriented than ever before, our post will need to play big on defense and rebounding.

Reaction Score
Minyon Moore, Yemiyah Morris, and Sidney Cooks will visit Mississippi State this weekend.

I kew Cooks was coming, didn't know when Moore would visit. No way State has room for all 3 of them?

Honestly if Cooks wants in, Vic needs to take the hit for one year just to have a super star for 2 years after. Morris while talented is certainly a project but with no where near the potential and guarantee that Cooks provides.

Reaction Score
I kew Cooks was coming, didn't know when Moore would visit. No way State has room for all 3 of them?

Honestly if Cooks wants in, Vic needs to take the hit for one year just to have a super star for 2 years after. Morris while talented is certainly a project but with no where near the potential and guarantee that Cooks provides.
Could not agree more. The big issue is what if Promise’s foot injury doesn’t heal correctly and she isn’t ready in time for season? Then you have no depth at center at all. Then all you can do is out a PF out there like Jackson, Martinez, or Bibby.

I think Cooks would thrive there. Would add a lot of offensive firepower.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Could not agree more. The big issue is what if Promise’s foot injury doesn’t heal correctly and she isn’t ready in time for season? Then you have no depth at center at all. Then all you can do is out a PF out there like Jackson, Martinez, or Bibby.

I think Cooks would thrive there. Would add a lot of offensive firepower.

Cooks won't play until the 20-21 season.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
MSU I believe offered Morris first. Before any word about Cooks and Moore came around. Vic went all the way down to Arizona, and really liked her. Another one of those players Vic personally believes in if no one else. It is my understanding that all she has to do is sign, and she'll be a Bulldog next year.

MSU insiders have confirmed that they will take Cooks regardless of roster openings or her eligibility year.

Not too sure about Moore. I don't know too much about her or our recruitment process with her, but I think she's visiting because she realizes that if she comes any later, we're gonna lock up our roster with Morris and Cooks, and Moore is gonna be down to just Oregon and Baylor, and then maybe down to just Oregon after Te'a Cooper goes to Baylor. I'm guessing Myah Taylor will not be entertaining Moore during her visit. She's rather glad Sidney Cooks has decided to seriously consider State.

Reaction Score
Cooks won't play until the 20-21 season.
Yep, that is why Morris may be a very important recruit to Vic if he needs post depth for the 19-20 season. Regardless, he will take Cooks. He knows what type of a talent she is.

Reaction Score
So let’s get the cooks talk out of the way she’s not coming to UCONN. Face it we will not land any bigs in the off season for next year. Only chance we have in adding to next season is Westbrook and the Polish guard.. that’s about it. If we don’t land those 2 then UCONN will need a few walk ons to be able to have a full roster to practice. Nothing we can do about it sadly this is the situation UCONN is in. We will have to deal with whatever the outcome is and play with what we have.

Reaction Score
CiA8lZv.jpg

Cooks at Miss St today

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So let’s get the cooks talk out of the way she’s not coming to UCONN. Face it we will not land any bigs in the off season for next year. Only chance we have in adding to next season is Westbrook and the Polish guard.. that’s about it. If we don’t land those 2 then UCONN will need a few walk ons to be able to have a full roster to practice. Nothing we can do about it sadly this is the situation UCONN is in. We will have to deal with whatever the outcome is and play with what we have.
You need a nap. A long one.

Reaction Score
I thought you promised to be more positive........:D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
CiA8lZv.jpg

Cooks at Miss St today
Are you sure this photo was taken yesterday? On her Twitter account yesterday, Cooks posted a comment about just getting back from a recent trip to Iowa.

Reaction Score
Are you sure this photo was taken yesterday? On her Twitter account yesterday, Cooks posted a comment about just getting back from a recent trip to Iowa.
Yeah it was just put on her instagram yesterday. Minyon posted the same.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yeah it was just put on her instagram yesterday. Minyon posted the same.
Well then it appears that Ms Cooks has a busy travel schedule.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well then it appears that Ms Cooks has a busy travel schedule.

Greetings from SoCal, where I've largely been taking the week away from hoops.

Ms. Cooks certainly appears to be travelling. And given the locales, there (so far) does not appear to be itinerary for South Bend, Ind., and given Ms. Paterson's decision to leave the fair field of northwest Indiana, the Irish could most certainly use a talent of Ms. Cooks' ability. (Hey Sid, the Irish do upbeat!). ;)

It also struck me that she was attending MSU on a week that has at least three major AAU tourneys going on (Texas, Cincy and, of course, the Boo). Wonder who was home minding the shop at MSU while covering the HS prospects? Or are the Bulldogs so filled up that transfers are the (main) targets?

It's a new dawn.... (sing it Grace...:rolleyes:)

Reaction Score
Greetings from SoCal, where I've largely been taking the week away from hoops.

Ms. Cooks certainly appears to be travelling. And given the locales, there (so far) does not appear to be itinerary for South Bend, Ind., and given Ms. Paterson's decision to leave the fair field of northwest Indiana, the Irish could most certainly use a talent of Ms. Cooks' ability. (Hey Sid, the Irish do upbeat!). ;)

It also struck me that she was attending MSU on a week that has at least three major AAU tourneys going on (Texas, Cincy and, of course, the Boo). Wonder who was home minding the shop at MSU while covering the HS prospects? Or are the Bulldogs so filled up that transfers are the (main) targets?

It's a new dawn.... (sing it Grace...:rolleyes:)
They are very filled up, and they have no seniors. Their class next year may be 1-2.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
He's supposed to be on one. He said he was through until the Fall.

"..there is always soma, delicious soma, half a gramme for a half-holiday, a gramme for a week-end, two grammes for a trip to the gorgeous East, three for a dark eternity on the moon..." Before you know it; it is November.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom