New Student Tailgating Policy (Shocker- It Sucks) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New Student Tailgating Policy (Shocker- It Sucks)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You can get cocktails in a can now. Cape Line I think? Still not super high alcohol content. You’re going to see a lot of 4 Loko I bet

Reaction Score
You can get cocktails in a can now. Cape Line I think? Still not super high alcohol content. You’re going to see a lot of 4 Loko I bet
Old 4 Loko >>>>>

New 4 Loko <<< Twisted Tea

Reaction Score
Worst football team in the country and they're creating new ways to make sure they attract less fans...

Reaction Score
There is nothing wrong with trying to keep students from risky behavior due to excessive alcohol use. I remember a woman sitting near me in the seats at the Rent -- she looked older than a typical student -- who spilled her beer on my jacket. She was so under the influence I think she was manic.

Reaction Score
There is nothing wrong with trying to keep students from risky behavior due to excessive alcohol use. I remember a woman sitting near me in the seats at the Rent -- she looked older than a typical student -- who spilled her beer on my jacket. She was so under the influence I think she was manic.
Oh my God, drunk girl spilled beer on you. So glad you survived.

Reaction Score
I remember a woman sitting near me in the seats at the Rent -- she looked older than a typical student -- who spilled her beer on my jacket. She was so under the influence I think she was manic.

Reaction Score
Following past on-campus, alcohol-related student deaths and resulting lawsuits, simply proactive CYA. Perhaps easily issued with a wee bit more subtlety by legal or Dean of Students' representatives, but plain and simply a no brainer in hyper-litigious 2019.

Reaction Score
As an alumnus with some age on me (but no grey hair yet), and someone who I think has been to enough college football games around the country to see other venues...my one observation is this — why is it always so hard here?

That is the one thing that always strikes me about Connecticut.

I am not going to say the rules are buzz kills. People need to have safety first, and Alcohol consumption is a huge problem, especially with younger people (I AM SO OLD).

It just seems like the town, state, school struggle with young people, crowds, and big events. Can they just go to other venues and see how it is done? The team has played at this venue for over 15 years. Why isn’t there a natural cadence to the day?

The tone of the letter, I thought, was condescending btw. Benedict didn’t mean it that way though, he just wants people to go to games, have fun and be safe. Students are adults, they don’t need a lecture though.

Towns, state and by extension the school, seem to treat the fans as a hassle in this state IMO. I think they should take a more customer-oriented view of the situation. Customer is always right, serving the customer etc.

Letting the customer have fun but keeping it safe. Instead, it seems like the students, and even a lot of other fans are treated as a hassle.

This venue should have sprouted an organic tailgating experience that students/alumni/fans are used to. That is what keeps people coming back. My experience as a student, then come back 5 years later, should be the same.

How this hasn’t happened in 15 years is beyond me.

Instead, every year is different, and the customers seem to be a hassle, as opposed to the life blood of the event. This is a CT thing, not just UConn, but UConn does put on the biggest sporting events.

Outside of the Rock Cats/Yard Goats...who puts on a great experience with any scale in this state? Xfinity can be a train wreck. Rentschler struggles even on small events.

XL? Don’t get me started.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I tried to read through this and was confused. What they are doing to the "student lot" sucks but how many students even go to that lot tailgate?

What's stopping them from parking in the normal lot and tailgating with the rest of the fans? Thats what we did in college (graduate in 2014) and seemed to work just fine...

Reaction Score
As an alumnus with some age on me (but no grey hair yet), and someone who I think has been to enough college football games around the country to see other venues...my one observation is this — why is it always so hard here?

That is the one thing that always strikes me about Connecticut.

I am not going to say the rules are buzz kills. People need to have safety first, and Alcohol consumption is a huge problem, especially with younger people (I AM SO OLD).

It just seems like the town, state, school struggle with young people, crowds, and big events. Can they just go to other venues and see how it is done? The team has played at this venue for over 15 years. Why isn’t there a natural cadence to the day?

The tone of the letter, I thought, was condescending btw. Benedict didn’t mean it that way though, he just wants people to go to games, have fun and be safe. Students are adults, they don’t need a lecture though.

Towns, state and by extension the school, seem to treat the fans as a hassle in this state IMO. I think they should take a more customer-oriented view of the situation. Customer is always right, serving the customer etc.

Letting the customer have fun but keeping it safe. Instead, it seems like the students, and even a lot of other fans are treated as a hassle.

This venue should have sprouted an organic tailgating experience that students/alumni/fans are used to. That is what keeps people coming back. My experience as a student, then come back 5 years later, should be the same.

How this hasn’t happened in 15 years is beyond me.

Instead, every year is different, and the customers seem to be a hassle, as opposed to the life blood of the event. This is a CT thing, not just UConn, but UConn does put on the biggest sporting events.

Outside of the Rock Cats/Yard Goats...who puts on a great experience with any scale in this state? Xfinity can be a train wreck. Rentschler struggles even on small events.

XL? Don’t get me started.
Travelers is pretty well done

Reaction Score
Perhaps but 4 Loko's are still 14%. One can getting you feeling right will always be their staple.

As long as you have no taste buds left! Reminds of the old Haffenreffer Malt Liquor (affectionately known “Green Death”) - except Private Stock tasted a tad better.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As long as you have no taste buds left! Reminds of the old Haffenreffer Malt Liquor (affectionately known “Green Death”) - except Private Stock tasted a tad better.
With that unique skunk cabbage aroma...

Reaction Score
Doesn't say anything about not standing on roofs of vehicles and nothing about setting up chairs in a pickup bed

Reaction Score
Yep. First class. Was thinking repeating events, but travelers may be best run event on Tour that isn’t a major.
When i lived in the area i enjoyed Bristol Blues games as well. Really took advantage of Muzzy fields charm. (and of course serve beer) But i agree UConn sports have always been run poorly from the top.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom