New series to be announced at 10:00 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New series to be announced at 10:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
J187Money said:
I have indemnity for UCONN games and Packers games. If I go out on a random Wednesday night I might have to sleep on the couch. But I can travel for games without an argument.
Have your wife call my wife...please and thank you!

Reaction Score
My wife knew what the deal was when we got married. Married men: If your wife doesn't have a hobby/interest encourage her to get one and then support it. "You want to go wine tasting with your friends for the day?, Sure honey." "You want to go paint and drink with your friends on a Tuesday night? Sure honey." "You want to go see 50 Shades of Grey with your friends? Sure honey" "You want a weekend in Boston? Sure honey."

"I'm going to Missouri for the UConn game."

"Sure honey".

Reaction Score
From John Silver on SNY

The Huskies also have a future series with Tennessee scheduled.
Don't know for sure, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet that the Tennessee series disappears. they and the AAC and SEC and us and Missouri all worked this one out instead. Just a gut feeling but given that Missouri had a game with Memphis scheduled for one of the dates, it would seem that there is more to this than meets the eye.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Don't know for sure, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet that the Tennessee series disappears. they and the AAC and SEC and us and Missouri all worked this one out instead. Just a gut feeling but given that Missouri had a game with Memphis scheduled for one of the dates, it would seem that there is more to this than meets the eye.
Not saying that I think you are wrong in the least. I didn't think the TN series was "postponed" as much as put off in order to come to an agreed upon settlement figure either, but seeing this however many months later gives just a slight amount of pause.

Reaction Score
I hope the Tenn game won't be bought out/cancelled. Tenn has one of the few 100,000 plus stadiums in the country. I'd like to see our Huskies play in that environment.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A related story on this topic..
(when he called me to tell me he was getting divorced a few years later, she took the phone from my hand and said (and I quote) "How do you feel about skipping the Final 4 now?")

I went with my buddy to that Final 4 as well. He pretty much had to lay down the law to go, and listen to a load of crap every phone call home during the trip. Now divorced as well...and has never been happier.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Missouri home and home...not bad

The other non conference games, not counting the Villanova, Maine and Holy Cross ones, aren't all that bad either. Good to see UMass on the schedule as it's the closest D-1 rival and a natural rival for the Huskies. B1G games are gonna always gonna attract a crowd.
Someone else posted this elsewhere but this game ought to be called the battle for New England.

Reaction Score
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...cle_f1234000-9300-5e75-a075-00224fe0fb56.html

>>“We’re really pleased to be able to reach an agreement to schedule UConn,” said Bryan Maggard, Missouri's executive associate athletic director, who oversees football scheduling. “It’s fun to bring new opponents into Columbia for our fans, and this is a program that’s had a high level of success in the past decade. One of the most challenging aspects of conference realignment has involved football scheduling, and reconstructing things after we moved to the SEC. We’re getting really close to having 2015 taken care of and being able to move on to future schedules, so that’s very exciting." <<

Reaction Score
Can't wait to see Jeff Jacobs take on this, he being a Mizzo alum. Of course he would prefer we were playing them in hockey...:)
But....they don't have a team...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Congrats to Warde. That's a nice get.

Odd too because wasn't Missouri just publicly talking about not going on the road to G5 schools like two weeks ago?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Whaddya mean? We have a better chance for home wins! Turn that frown upside-down!
Absolutely. Six winnable home games. Going to concentrate on this season but I like where this could be headed.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
My wife said we can go if our (at that point) almost 3 y.o. comes with. That will have to be worked out...3 hours in a plane (excluding potential layover at O'Hare) vs. 19 hour car trip.
Husky up, dude. I took my 7 month old and 2 1/2 year old with me on a business trip in May, 3.5 hr flight. Tell your wife you need to include a 3 month old too, we need to bring as many husky fans as possible.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Husky up, dude. I took my 7 month old and 2 1/2 year old with me on a business trip in May, 3.5 hr flight. Tell your wife you need to include a 3 month old too, we need to bring as many husky fans as possible.
He flew to Minnesota as a 9th month old. Flew to Pittsburgh as a 2 year old. I'll take the 9 month old every single time...

huskypantz

Reaction Score
He flew to Minnesota as a 9th month old. Flew to Pittsburgh as a 2 year old. I'll take the 9 month old every single time...
Ironically my daughter also flew to Minneapolis at 8 mo. Then europe at 20 mo, then the recent trip to DFW. 6-9 mo is definitely easiest as you can usually work a long nap into the flight schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom