New series to be announced at 10:00 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New series to be announced at 10:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Missouri home and home...not bad

The other non conference games, not counting the Villanova, Maine and Holy Cross ones, aren't all that bad either. Good to see UMass on the schedule as it's the closest D-1 rival and a natural rival for the Huskies. B1G games are gonna always gonna attract a crowd.

jho

Reaction Score
This means only 6 home games next year but it's the type of game that has to be scheduled. Use some of the savings on your season ticket package to go to Mizzou or BYU.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not to be Negative but the 1st game is @ mizzou.will we see them at the Rent?

If it's good enough for Michigan, it should be good enough for Mizzouri. They Played Toledo at the Glass Bowl which seats barely over 26,000. Only 24K were in attendance.

In 1999 I was driving back from Nevada and was traveling though Mizz on a Sat AM. I saw many (dozens) cars with a tiger tail coming out of the trunk. Couln't figure it out for a bit until I heard on the local radio about the upcoming game. Are there lots of Husky Tails driving into the Rent on Saturdays?
Probably in bad taste. Huskies can be pets. There's a high potential of protests from animal rights groups.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Now just don't let them buy out the return game....
They played Toledo at the Glass Bowl 2 weeks ago, which seats barely over 26,000. Only 24K were in attendance.

Reaction Score
I vote for the organization of a bus trip to Mizzou! If we could do it for Michigan, why not? Anyone else like this idea?

Reaction Score
Surprised to get this series. Nice job. And this is a road game with 2 hours for me. Score!

Reaction Score
Surprised to get this series. Nice job. And this is a road game with 2 hours for me. Score!

are they any good at hoops? Maybe do an add-on series?

Reaction Score
Not to be Negative but the 1st game is @ mizzou.will we see them at the Rent?

I'm sure at this point the cost of buying out UConn would be extreme, like $2m.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
This means only 6 home games next year but it's the type of game that has to be scheduled. Use some of the savings on your season ticket package to go to Mizzou or BYU.

Use some of the season ticket savings, how much of $40 is going to be left after a trip to Mizzou!?

Reaction Score
This is a solid addition...nice job Warde!! If we end up being one of the three AAC East teams playing newcomer Navy as well next season, then it becomes a real good schedule.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Lol already texted the wife we are going. Lets get a good show I g for this.
My wife said we can go if our (at that point) almost 3 y.o. comes with. That will have to be worked out...3 hours in a plane (excluding potential layover at O'Hare) vs. 19 hour car trip.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not to douse this party with a fire hose but it's gonna be a dreadful home schedule next year. Absolutely dreadful.

I was thinking of that too.

2 games OOC - Army, Villanova.
2 games in AAC East - USF, ECU
2 games in AAC West from - Tulsa, Tulane, Memphis, Houston or Navy (SMU is home this season so I'll rule them out).

Best case: Army, Nova, USF, ECU, Houston, Navy.

Yikes...I still think you take this game though as long as their is a bigbuy out.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
HUGE series get for Warde. This should appease all of the Warde bashers for a while. This is a premier series with a premier SEC opponent and, as of today, they are returning the trip to the Rent. I hope the buyout in 2017 is substantial but you never know. Regardless of whether or not Mizzou buys out the 2017 return trip, it's a GREAT opportunity for UCONN fans to travel and represent on the national stage. Get your airline tickets now!

I've already told the wife that I am taking two trips next year: Missouri and BYU. VERY excited!!!

Reaction Score
My wife said we can go if our (at that point) almost 3 y.o. comes with. That will have to be worked out...3 hours in a plane (excluding potential layover at O'Hare) vs. 19 hour car trip.
do the flight, give the passengers in front, behind, and in your rows little "gift bags" with ear plugs, some cheez-its, and a mini bottle of vodka or whiskey if you can somehow get them thru security.

Reaction Score
I was thinking of that too.

2 games OOC - Army, Villanova.
2 games in AAC East - USF, ECU
2 games in AAC West from - Tulsa, Tulane, Memphis, Houston or Navy (SMU is home this season so I'll rule them out).

Best case: Army, Nova, USF, ECU, Houston, Navy.

Yikes...I still think you take this game though as long as their is a bigbuy out.

Any idea if Tulsa will be an away game? That's another relative close away game.

I would like Warde to schedule the following schools purely for my own convenience.

Kansas
Kansas State
UMKC (For soccer)
Nebraska
Colorado
Colorado State

Reaction Score
do the flight, give the passengers in front, behind, and in your rows little "gift bags" with ear plugs, some cheez-its, and a mini bottle of vodka or whiskey if you can somehow get them thru security.

Better yet...wear BCU t-shirts and talk about pakin the caas. Never hurts to dis the BCU elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom