New series to be announced at 10:00 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New series to be announced at 10:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
do the flight, give the passengers in front, behind, and in your rows little "gift bags" with ear plugs, some cheez-its, and a mini bottle of vodka or whiskey if you can somehow get them thru security.
We flew to Pittsburgh just before his 2nd birthday in July (he turned 2 in August). Longest hour of my life. The way home was the second longest hour. He wasn't bad in terms of kicking seats but he just didn't want to sit still. I liked it much better when he was 9 months old. We went to Minnesota and had a lay over in Chicago. He slept during three of the four flights.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Any idea if Tulsa will be an away game? That's another relative close away game.

I would like Warde to schedule the following schools purely for my own convenience.

Kansas
Kansas State
UMKC (For soccer)
Nebraska
Colorado
Colorado State

I have to imagine Houston and Tulsa will be on the schedule in some capacity as they are the only AAC Teams we haven't yet played after this season.

Reaction Score
My wife said we can go if our (at that point) almost 3 y.o. comes with. That will have to be worked out...3 hours in a plane (excluding potential layover at O'Hare) vs. 19 hour car trip.

Man up. Go solo.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Man up. Go solo.

Can't. Today is my 5 year wedding anniversary. that means I'll have to leave ON my 6 year anniversary next year. Thems grounds for not having a 7th anniversary...unless she come with and she just said she ain't coming without the kid.

Reaction Score
Rock Star. This is a great addition to the schedule. Anyone looking for a negative to this development should take a moment to mix themselves a nice Clorox martini and STFU!!

Reaction Score
Can't. Today is my 5 year wedding anniversary. that means I'll have to leave ON my 6 year anniversary next year. Thems grounds for not having a 7th anniversary...unless she come with and she just said she ain't coming without the kid.

I still don't see the dilemma?

Happy Anniversary.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Maybe. Just don't expect to see a lot of people in the stands. This is a renewal year yes?

Yes, this is 3 year renewal year. We have been talking about canceling and piecing our season together with solo PROMO code tickets on a game by game basis next year. Not sure if this Mizzou '17 game will tip the scales back towards renewing for another 3 or not but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I still don't see the dilemma?

Happy Anniversary.
I debated whether to like that post or not...Liable to get struck by lightning...;)

And thanks...

Reaction Score

I have indemnity for UCONN games and Packers games. If I go out on a random Wednesday night I might have to sleep on the couch. But I can travel for games without an argument.

Reaction Score
do the flight, give the passengers in front, behind, and in your rows little "gift bags" with ear plugs, some cheez-its, and a mini bottle of vodka or whiskey if you can somehow get them thru security.

Little known travel fact- you can bring as many nips as you can fit in the clear plastic bag. No issues at all drinking them in the airport- just be discrete when you are on the plane.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I have indemnity for UCONN games and Packers games. If I go out on a random Wednesday night I might have to sleep on the couch. But I can travel for games without an argument.

Nicely done. My wife is a cool chick too. She knows not to schedule me for anything during football season...including road games.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Maybe. Just don't expect to see a lot of people in the stands. This is a renewal year yes?

I'm pretty torn about it. The away games with BYU and Mizzou are likely losses. We'll also be traveling to Cinci and UCF.

It's by no means an exciting slate and while I know it wasn't designed this way, we may need those 2 wins.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty torn about it. The away games with BYU and Mizzou are likely losses. We'll also be traveling to Cinci and UCF.

It's by no means an exciting slate and while I know it wasn't designed this way, we may need those 2 wins.

When I traveled to Louisville a couple years ago on their senior day, i expected we'd get blown out. Upsets happen.

We will be travelling to UCF or USF every year for the next few years. And Cinci every other year for the next few years. I'm making the Mizzou trip, looks like more fun than Utah.

Dooley

Reaction Score

My thought too. Pile up on home wins, get to a bowl game, get back on the national football map. Sprinkle in some competitive games at any/all of the 4 road games next year you mentioned (with good traveling fan representation) and it'll be difficult to justify continuing to shut UCONN out of a P5.

Husky25

Reaction Score

Ladies and gentlemen. THIS is how it's done.

Don't get me wrong, Jimmy, I can still make it work. It's not like my wife "won't let me go." She is a UConn (and Illinois) alum and also likes sports. In fact before we officially got together, our unofficial first date was spent in a hotel bar in Columbus Ohio watching the Red Sox on Sunday Night Baseball. Unfortunately, it was in April so no visit to The Horseshoe (although tOSU Spring practice lead every news local program). She just needs to come on this trip given the date, and that means a 3 year old as well.

Basically I'm borrowing trouble from next year when I have zero idea how any of this will play out. Who did relatively fine at the last two UConn home games. Besides you guys don't want to hear any more about my home life. So as always...first world problems...

Reaction Score
Awesomeness! Epic pickup by Warde with Mizzou. His strongest P5 addition to date. Well done!

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, Jimmy, I can still make it work. It's not like my wife "won't let me go." She is a UConn (and Illinois) alum and also likes sports. In fact before we officially got together, our unofficial first date was spent in a hotel bar in Columbus Ohio watching the Red Sox on Sunday Night Baseball. Unfortunately, it was in April so no visit to The Horseshoe (although tOSU Spring practice lead every news local program). She just needs to come on this trip given the date, and that means a 3 year old as well.

Basically I'm borrowing trouble from next year when I have zero idea how any of this will play out. Who did relatively fine at the last two UConn home games. Besides you guys don't want to hear any more about my home life. So as always...first world problems...

A related story on this topic...

So in 2004, I decided to go to the Final Four. My buddy from CA was going to join me, but it turned out that he couldn't make the Saturday game because he had to go to a party his wife's hedge fund was throwing in Vegas (also a first class problem). So I called one of my buddies who also had young kids (and plenty of $) and said "come down to SA for the semis"...I laid out the trip for him - he was only going to be gone for maybe 30 hours. And his wife threw a fit. So he didn't go. That was the Duke game for those that don't remember.

MY wife (my kids were 4 and 1 at the time) said: "I'm sure I will want to kill you multiple times during the weekend, but you will come home and I'll get over it."...and she told my friend to get his nuts back from the string around his wife's neck.

(when he called me to tell me he was getting divorced a few years later, she took the phone from my hand and said (and I quote) "How do you feel about skipping the Final 4 now?")

Husky25

Reaction Score
Little known travel fact- you can bring as many nips as you can fit in the clear plastic bag. No issues at all drinking them in the airport- just be discrete when you are on the plane.
Yeah I guess you could...nips are nowhere near 4 oz. A better idea is to pour whiskey into clean travel shampoo bottles. You bring an entire handle with you.

Husky25

Reaction Score
A related story on this topic...

So in 2004, I decided to go to the Final Four. My buddy from CA was going to join me, but it turned out that he couldn't make the Saturday game because he had to go to a party his wife's hedge fund was throwing in Vegas (also a first class problem). So I called one of my buddies who also had young kids (and plenty of $) and said "come down to SA for the semis"...I laid out the trip for him - he was only going to be gone for maybe 30 hours. And his wife threw a fit. So he didn't go. That was the Duke game for those that don't remember.

MY wife (my kids were 4 and 1 at the time) said: "I'm sure I will want to kill you multiple times during the weekend, but you will come home and I'll get over it."...and she told my friend to get his nuts back from the string around his wife's neck.

(when he called me to tell me he was getting divorced a few years later, she took the phone from my hand and said (and I quote) "How do you feel about skipping the Final 4 now?")

Basically word-for word what my wife said at 2am when I woke her up after the Villanova game just before I hit the StubHub purchase button to buy my tix to MSG for the Sweet Sixteen in March. very cool woman.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hmmm... how cool would it be if the crowd at the stadium in Mizzou has to exit after the game to a serenade of UCOOOOOON! HUSKIEEEEEES!" and "AAC! AAC!" chants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom