New school commitments by Transfers | Page 22 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
I look forward to watching them take a big L on their trip to Durham. Celeste Taylor's revenge game. View attachment 75972

this thread will be locked by the time we play, so no one can bump this if Syracuse wins.
You might be in for a surprise FLJ is a very good coach, and she has more talent on this team, then she had at Buffalo. And they gave Tennessee a battle, but didn't have enough good players.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I like Watson for ND. Gives them size and strength inside that's much needed. She needs to improve her play immensely though if ND has a shot at being a Final Four team. More minutes may help her confidence and help her find her stride. She also needs to improve everything about free throw shooting. Sub 40% for her career.

Reaction Score
I like Watson for ND. Gives them size and strength inside that's much needed. She needs to improve her play immensely though if ND has a shot at being a Final Four team. More minutes may help her confidence and help her find her stride. She also needs to improve everything about free throw shooting. Sub 40% for her career.
And she's a sophomore giving them a player for a few years, not a one year term.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I loved her on Cal Baptist, the past two seasons. Bulldog under the hoop and can run the floor.
Good Luck to Caitlyn Harper at Purdue

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I agree. Kylee has a way to go if she is to be a starter vs. a solid reserve. She got decent minutes at Oregon, always played hard, and is a good rebounder. Her defense is ok, but she fouls way too much. Her moves around the basket were decent but predictable so her shot got blocked more than it should have, and her free throws--about as bad as one could imagine. But she improved quite a bit from her first year to her second, a very good sign imo for the future.

Reaction Score
I agree. Kylee has a way to go if she is to be a starter vs. a solid reserve. She got decent minutes at Oregon, always played hard, and is a good rebounder. Her defense is ok, but she fouls way too much. Her moves around the basket were decent but predictable so her shot got blocked more than it should have, and her free throws--about as bad as one could imagine. But she improved quite a bit from her first year to her second, a very good sign imo for the future.
I like your analysis here. As far as bigs in the portal go, you could do worse than Watson—and ND was not in a position to be choosey.

What I do wonder is if the Brunelle transfer will ultimately come back to haunt the Irish. Her departure means Westbeld almost exclusively needs to play the 4, and if Marshall isn’t healthy, you’ve got Watson in there at the 5 with no real replacement if trouble arises.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Another one going back "home" (5th). Wonder how many others will get the chance.

Reaction Score
Another one going back "home" (5th). Wonder how many others will get the chance.

It's good to see that some are getting that option at least. Hopefully others still have this option based on the number of athletes in the portal.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Couple of good gets for Florida Gators. Hopefully KRF will keep them in the top half of SEC.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This series of P5 infra transfers is interesting in the sense- does a reserve player on a P5 team moving to another P5 improve/contribute to that team more than a “Star mid-major” player moving to a P5 team?

We have seen the wide variety of views that a “change of scenery” on players who were given limited playing time. Optimists see instant success, pessimists see the “needle not moving at all”. Same for the “mid-major star”. Some see a player in over her head against bigger, faster, more skilled players, while others see shooting stats and assists and think this player will be successful regardless.

Will JVG, Watson, Brown or Senechal be successful at their new schools? No one knows. Those that say they do are wrong. ND needs players so Watson and Brown will have ample opportunity to prove or disprove out of shear necessity. JVG and LLS will have to earn it a bit more as both Baylor and UConn have other options. I am certainly curious to see this play out.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
This series of P5 infra transfers is interesting in the sense- does a reserve player on a P5 team moving to another P5 improve/contribute to that team more than a “Star mid-major” player moving to a P5 team?

We have seen the wide variety of views that a “change of scenery” on players who were given limited playing time. Optimists see instant success, pessimists see the “needle not moving at all”. Same for the “mid-major star”. Some see a player in over her head against bigger, faster, more skilled players, while others see shooting stats and assists and think this player will be successful regardless.

Will JVG, Watson, Brown or Senechal be successful at their new schools? No one knows. Those that say they do are wrong. ND needs players so Watson and Brown will have ample opportunity to prove or disprove out of shear necessity. JVG and LLS will have to earn it a bit more as both Baylor and UConn have other options. I am certainly curious to see this play out.
Part of the fun is seeing how it pans out. I'm bullish on JVG based on the minutes I saw from her at Stanford, less bullish on Senechal and J. Brown. Watson should get good minutes at ND simply based on lack of competition, but whether or not she's able to play at a high level is unknown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom