New school commitments by Transfers | Page 14 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
They definitely have a chance to finish third in the SEC.
Nice hook... some will bite

But anything less than a top 2 finish in the SEC next year would be a major underperformance considering the roster. SC is still top dog until proven otherwise.

Tennessee should have a very good year. Harper did very well in the portal this offseason.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was really hoping that UMass would have a few pick ups of stronger players after their run this year :(:(

Reaction Score
LSU?!?! Hmm that’s interesting but if so statistically Reese is better than Martinez, played in a more competitive conference(depending who you ask). Not as familiar with Martinez…is she a W? Reese has stated she wants to develop outside of back to the basket. Is LSU considered to be rebuilding or reloading?

Reaction Score
Is LSU considered to be rebuilding or reloading?
Well LSU lost a boat load of seniors, although everyone other than Pointer is replaceable. It wasn't a very talented team last year minus Pointer and Morris but they were senior heavy which made up for their lack of talent. They will miss Pointer greatly next year.

Its rebuilding no matter who they bring in. Its going to take some time for all these new players to gel together even with high level transfers. Kim is stripping everything down from top to bottom but that isn't a bad thing considering the program was pretty much neglected for years. I think all of Nikki's underclassmen recruits are gone minus one player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
More depth. She's most likely replacing Chelsie Hall.
Yeah, she's replacing Hall. Folks on the Louisville boards think that Jones replaces Engstler. That's a real stretch, even though Jones is a really good player.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah, she's replacing Hall. Folks on the Louisville boards think that Jones replaces Engstler. That's a real stretch, even though Jones is a really good player.
Don't see it. Isn't she a wing? Not gonna replace the rebounding and interior defense.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20220420-200445_Instagram.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Nice hook... some will bite

But anything less than a top 2 finish in the SEC next year would be a major underperformance considering the roster. SC is still top dog until proven otherwise.

Tennessee should have a very good year. Harper did very well in the portal this offseason.

I was thinking they could finish in 2nd place, but I would have to put LSU there as of now. I trust Mulkey a heck of a lot more than Harper, even though TN seemingly has a big advantage in talent.

Reaction Score
I was thinking they could finish in 2nd place, but I would have to put LSU there as of now. I trust Mulkey a heck of a lot more than Harper, even though TN seemingly has a big advantage in talent.
I get what you are saying...

Kim is basically starting from scratch right now losing 4 out of their 5 starters. She Is bringing in more talent now than Nikki has, but... more talent does not equal being instantly better. That itself is going to be a process. By the middle of SEC play, things could look very different though but its probably going to take time. She has been quick to shut down expectations for next season although she did the same this past season and they ended up going 26-6.

Only way I would say LSU could be at Tennessee's level for next year is if they added Angel Reese. As of now its looking like a team with Morris/Esmery Martinez/ Ladazhia Williams and a bunch of talented freshmen. Its a good group but its gonna be up and down probably next year until they gel. LSU really could use a proven high scorer to compliment Morris but it may be touch and go between Flaujae/Poa/Carson.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I see the fit between Yeaney and OSU. Totally different systems defensively, probably offensively as well. They really needed some shooting and scoring punch, and she does not bring that. They pretty much whiffed on their 2 transfers last year, not a great first get this year either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom