New S & C Coach? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New S & C Coach?

C

Chief00

images
When we get out of the abyss. Until then, Chief’s still driving positive, constructive change.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Travis and his 'new world theories' haven't been employed by UCONN in a year.
What was he just having the kids do like bow-flex style resistance training exercises? lol

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I’m told that they’ve actually got their strength and conditioning guy lined up already and will be releasing the name soon.

I don’t know who it is or where they’ve been working recently, but I understand he’s an adherent to the Izzy Mandelbaum-style of training.

Nothing wrong with that.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
When we get out of the abyss. Until then, Chief’s still driving positive, constructive change.
The vibes are good.

C

Chief00

Travis and his 'new world theories' haven't been employed by UCONN in a year.

Confirmed. However, we need a consistent message and approach. I expect Dan to install some stability with this hire. It will take time to install a new culture.

Chief took some heat from Stairmaster and his groupie’s about advocating for change - but you notice either Travis or Glen have gotten D1 jobs. That’s why you have to trust in Chief and not well intentioned but more casual observers.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Confirmed. However, we need a consistent message and approach. I expect Dan to install some stability with this hire. It will take time to install a new culture.

Chief took some heat from Stairmaster and his groupie’s about advocating for change - but you notice either Travis or Glen have gotten D1 jobs. That’s why you have to trust in Chief and not well intentioned but more casual observers.

Nobody trusts Chief, as nobody should.

Reaction Score

Hmm, pretty sure that message and approach will originate with Coach Hurley himself, not an internet message board personality. But you keep fighting them windmills Chief00l.

C

Chief00

Hmm, pretty sure that message and approach will originate with Coach Hurley himself, not an internet message board personality. But you keep fighting them windmills Chief00l.

Your reply doesn’t logically respond to what I posted. The reply is like I posted something other than what I posted.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I want more on Travis and his theorys, someones gotta call it out. Right on Chief.

Reaction Score
What is the basketball team doing NOW for strength and conditioning? All other NCAA teams are full bore into team programs in the off season. Where are we without a coach?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What is the basketball team doing NOW for strength and conditioning? All other NCAA teams are full bore into team programs in the off season. Where are we without a coach?

Somebody said a guy is already hired, just waiting to announce. That said, if no basketball specific guy was in the fold, somebody like the football strength coaches is usually tapped.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Scooter races around campus.

Reaction Score
Somebody said a guy is already hired, just waiting to announce. That said, if no basketball specific guy was in the fold, somebody like the football strength coaches is usually tapped.
Glad somebody besides me ìs concerned.

Reaction Score
S&C coaches at other schools have impressive videos on what they are doing. (Nevada,Texas Tech etc.) UCONN nothing? This guy they are waiting for better be top notch.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m told that they’ve actually got their strength and conditioning guy lined up already and will be releasing the name soon.

I don’t know who it is or where they’ve been working recently, but I understand he’s an adherent to the Izzy Mandelbaum-style of training.

Nothing wrong with that.
So long as blood doesn't drip from the dash board.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
S&C coaches at other schools have impressive videos on what they are doing. (Nevada,Texas Tech etc.) UCONN nothing? This guy they are waiting for better be top notch.
And we need to improve greatly in that department. I know a couple kids are away. New coaching staff is on the trail. I would prefer to see the entire team spend the summer on campus training.

Reaction Score
And we need to improve greatly in that department. I know a couple kids are away. New coaching staff is on the trail. I would prefer to see the entire team spend the summer on campus training.
the summer session hasn't even started yet. It's weeks away. God forbid the kids want a couple weeks off to see their family

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
the summer session hasn't even started yet. It's weeks away. God forbid the kids want a couple weeks off to see their family

No days off. Only the strong survive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom