New PAC-12 Forming | Page 8 | The Boneyard

New PAC-12 Forming

Reaction Score
I really need UConn fans to stop thinking UConn football only anywhere is a serious option. Nobody on Earth thinks it’s realistic except us. It’s a complete and total non-starter.
Joining the PAC whatever in all sports is also a nonstarter. Like are we being serious right now? Offer football only/partial share and basketball scheduling agreement for non-conf match ups. If they say no, so be it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We won't be having more than some pleasant short conversations with the new P12 because the travel costs and strain to play these schools will not even be remotely worthwhile.

This is also because the discussions with the B12 and ACC have not reached a full conclusion. Expect more UConn B12/ACC talk this spring.

Reaction Score
We won't be having more than some pleasant short conversations with the new P12 because the travel costs and strain to play these schools will not even be remotely worthwhile.

This is also because the discussions with the B12 and ACC have not reached a full conclusion. Expect more UConn B12/ACC talk this spring.

Other than football only deal (and NOBODY is taking us for football only) this is a complete non starter.

Reaction Score
Seems like this is the most likely outcome.

ACC lawsuit plays out and a group of schools leave for the B1G, SEC, and B12. ACC is gutted,

Not going to happen. FSU/Clemson lawsuits are trainwrecks, and there is no certainty of available spots in the P2. No school is going to voluntarily pay exit fees/GOR settlements to make a lateral move to the B12.

MAYBE FSU pays up to jump to the B10 or SEC, if either of those conferences will have them. That's it. Not exactly "gutted".

P12 adds Stanford and Cal to get back to 8 members, maybe more MW schools.

Not going to happen. Stanford and CAL signed ACC GOR. They are there until 2036.

ACC will be desperate to reload so they will be looking at UConn, USF, Memphis, ECU, Temple, etc

LOL Memphis LOL Temple.

End result is the SEC and B1G making huge $
B12 doing ok but only making about half the SEC and B1G

LOL more like 25%, assuming there are still even conference media contracts when the current ones expire. Look, we get that you are a Big12 fan--and congrats on the nice payouts your schools are currently getting--but TX and OK leaving your conference has destroyed a lot of value, and the remaining schools will realize that at some point. There is a lag, like every other financial impact, but it will happen.

PAC and ACC making about half of the B12 as "tweener" conferences.

ACC, maybe. PAC, LOL.

Then you have the MW, C-USA, Sun Belt, MAC, and AAC all in one group of schools with no brands whatsoever as they have been picked clean. This group will not stay in the same division as the power schools as they can't afford NIL and can't compete.

Probably true, not really a controversial prediction.

The real question is that when the SEC, B1G, and B12 breakaway will the PAC and ACC be included in the group as the bottom dwellers. Would be funny and the best plan to keep all the brands in the SEC, B1G, and B12 popular while the ACC and PAC absorb all the L's.

LOL so there's going to be a P3 and the Big12 is grandfathered in. Good for you!

So is Uconn in a better off with Big East membership, Great for BB, exposure issues in BB and no exposure in FB, making 500k on TV for FB, less than 10 million in TV $ struggling as a FBS indy.
or
A gutted ACC with BC, Wake, Cuse, ECU, USF, Temple, Memphis, etc making around 15 million on TV but better exposure.That's a tough one IMO as the Big East is best for BB but there is no $ and limited exposure. The gutted ACC is going to be more of an AAC type situation but more regional teams to UConn.

After all that horse poop, we get to your condescending analysis of what is best for UConn. Gee thanks, and also please fûćk off somewhere else with your conference fantasies.

Reaction Score
The new PAC 12 might help UConn.. if the PAC 12 can get schools from the aac and mwc it will leave a lot of conferences looking for new conference mates… potentially the aac looking at UConn for a football only invite

Reaction Score

yeah more "talk"...thats all it is. talk and no actual actions.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
yeah more "talk"...thats all it is. talk and no actual actions.
That maybe.... but because that talk is real, its another reason won't be having any such P12 discussions besides perhaps listening to their initial pitch.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Joining the PAC whatever in all sports is also a nonstarter. Like are we being serious right now? Offer football only/partial share and basketball scheduling agreement for non-conf match ups. If they say no, so be it.
When did I ever say I wanted to do that?

The school will do whatever is financially advantageous for them. Realistically, there isn’t anywhere near enough money involved to make it attractive to us. But if somehow they patched together a $15M TV deal you can bet the school would have to do their due diligence.

I mean they talked to freaking CUSA for crying out loud. Not remotely saying we’re going to go but pretending there isn’t a number out there that wouldn’t make us have to consider it (even if it’s unattainable for the PAC12) is dumb.

Reaction Score
Nah… the teams will just get better access because they are part of a FBS Conference.

(Shortcut)

-> But slapping a Pac-12 logo on Fresno State’s helmet does not mean Fresno State is now a Power 5 school. No one should be under any delusion that this new conference will be viewed in the same orbit as the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12 and SEC.

It doesn’t particularly matter because the 12-team College Football Playoff includes automatic berths for five conference champions. Simply by being in a conference — any conference — Washington State and Oregon State have a more viable path to the Playoff than they do in their current state as independents that have to finish high enough to earn an at-large berth. And that, frankly, is far more important than a few extra million dollars per year in television revenue. <-

Just get a seat @ the CFP adult table.

Reaction Score
If i said that i was wrong, i meant to say they WOULDN'T automatically be given Autonomy conference status.

Power5/Autonomy is an official designation given to 5 conferences. The PAC had their's removed.
They retain their autobid if they get 8 members

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
After all that horse poop, we get to your condescending analysis of what is best for UConn. Gee thanks, and also please fûćk off somewhere else with your conference fantasies.
Well said! Isn't it amazing how non-UConn fans come to this board to tell us that it's best if we just stay in our conference?! As if the panacea to all our woes is to keep the status quo, meanwhile the status quo for other conferences isn't sufficient for their purposes. Not a fan of this double standard. Sorry, huskies are both intelligent and stubborn, and true UConn Huskies fans know we have to keep fighting for relevancy.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't often go for the "football only addition" of UConn, but the new PAC 12 would be the exception to my rule. It would give 6+ games that would be guaranteed, and would allow us to get more presence on west coast recruiting.

Having said that, it wouldn't happen until they get another 2 full-time schools to reach their minimum 8. And joining them in all sports would be a non-starter. As others have mentioned, there could be a scheduling alliance set up for football at a minimum...

Reaction Score
I don't often go for the "football only addition" of UConn, but the new PAC 12 would be the exception to my rule. It would give 6+ games that would be guaranteed, and would allow us to get more presence on west coast recruiting.

Having said that, it wouldn't happen until they get another 2 full-time schools to reach their minimum 8. And joining them in all sports would be a non-starter. As others have mentioned, there could be a scheduling alliance set up for football at a minimum...
I might be for it if Memphis, Tulane, and another FBS school on the East Coast came with. If not we would be on a complete island with no neighbors in sight

Reaction Score
I might be for it if Memphis, Tulane, and another FBS school on the East Coast came with. If not we would be on a complete island with no neighbors in sight

Memphis & Tulane are in the Storrs neighborhood??

Hell, UMass bailed for a conference with neighbors. Indy is going to be more painful. If for some reason a full football only offer materializes - I would find it hard to turn down.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
For what? Full addition of all sports??

No chance at all! If Memphis and Tulane are the keys for you to say yes, then you need to drive another car... we literally left that car a couple of years ago...

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Like USF? Then they'll have the Northeast, the South East, and the West Coast/Rockies. Bye bye Parody PAC, hello new Pacific Atlantic Conference!

Good thing we get football tomorrow to distract us from these zany CR rumors.

Reaction Score
For what? Full addition of all sports??

No chance at all! If Memphis and Tulane are the keys for you to say yes, then you need to drive another car... we literally left that car a couple of years ago...
Football only I meant

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Football only I meant
If you're taking about football only, we don't require any further additions. This gives us a minimum of 6 games, and we schedule the other 6 independently (plus we get a Pac12 championship game possibility). Right now, we are scheduling 12 games independently, so this takes care of half of our schedule with their tv partner, and we get the other 6 under a separate tv partnership...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Looking at this solely from an ideal outcome (considering all constraints) for us, the solution would be for the PAC to add Gonzaga, St Mary's and one additional WCC member as but football members of the conference and add us, Army and Navy as football only members. This may have been a bit more feasible if Army hadn't already joined the AAC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I really need UConn fans to stop thinking UConn football only anywhere is a serious option. Nobody on Earth thinks it’s realistic except us. It’s a complete and total non-starter.
hope GIF

... but don't take it away from me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom