New PAC-12 Forming | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New PAC-12 Forming

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How dare you say that when I’ve said it I get chastised lol
Yeah, but we like you less...;)

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that Jared is that connected, but assuming that he is, why would he give it to someone else to podcast instead of breaking it on his own?

Seriously? Unfortunately he is. Look at who his bosses are. He’s a conduit.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As with any realignment, I just assume it is bad for UConn. Now we have a school called Fresno State getting to use P5 branding AND they will be making more money on a TV deal than UConn. Fresno freaking State. Are you kidding me?

First-time-james-franco-hanging-meme.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To maximize TV revenue, it would make sense to get some bigger media markets on the East Coast for the new PAC-12. I hope they are thinking East Coast to build a pod here. UConn should be calling them now for the football only membership if such option even exist.
I was thinking the same thing, of course, the other argument is that the Pac 12s value is late night content based upon being in the Western time zone. If that's the case, then Connecticut really doesn't add much by virtue of being in the eastern time zone.

Reaction Score
I can't see why or how the AAC is at play at all.

In order to maximize the dollars, you need to keep membership at 9 teams, which means 3 more. If you add more, you water down the money even more.

They can easily just add Air Force, New Mexico, UNLV or Nevada and be done with it. That's all they really need for the requisite 9.
The cost they’d owe the MWC jumps exponentially beyond 4 teams. If they take 7 they’d almost be forced financially into the reverse merger. I would not expect a ton more MWC teams.

Reaction Score
The cost they’d owe the MWC jumps exponentially beyond 4 teams. If they take 7 they’d almost be forced financially into the reverse merger. I would not expect a ton more MWC teams.
Exactly. The anti-poaching deal they signed will prevent anymore MWC teams due to the cost. I am thinking they will expand to the East Coast if they are thinking big. By having an East Coast wing, they will have more options for future expansion, and to get a better media deal.

Reaction Score

It is really sad that CR has made outright poaching the norm. The MWC should be a cohesive conference of programs which said "Hey PAC 2, it's all or nothing. We can call it whatever but you OSU and WSU are nothing without the MWC." There is no loyalty whatsoever anymore. Instead MWC programs are going to screw over other MWC programs.

Yes, I am delusional at this point but it's the principle.

Reaction Score
It is really sad that CR has made outright poaching the norm. The MWC should be a cohesive conference of programs which said "Hey PAC 2, it's all or nothing. We can call it whatever but you OSU and WSU are nothing without the MWC." There is no loyalty whatsoever anymore. Instead MWC programs are going to screw over other MWC programs.

Yes, I am delusional at this point but it's the principle.
Realignment is every school for itself. There is no royalty or care for historical ties. It is all about the money, and apparently a few more dollars will do the trick to get someone to defect. Screwing over your former partners and the friends is the norm. Unfortunately, this is just the American way of doing things.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Anyone else notice how this went from being reported to being a done deal within 12 hours? Meanwhile when our name gets floated out there we get multiple days of hit pieces and then an eventual public humiliation.
Abso***inglutely spot on mate!!! When pinhead leaked the news that the Big12 was talking to UConn, I thought to myself if this isn't a done deal within a few business days, it's dead...sure enough. Everyone else gets expedited, we get hung, drawn, and quartered...then resuscitated just so that we can be given a blood eagle prior to decapitation. Pretty sure I mixed up Braveheart with Vikings, but CR will do that to a person.

Reaction Score

The teams we heard about this morning will get “full” shares.

Now the rest are in a race for the bottom. So you want to join the PAC 12? How bad of a deal are you willing to take?

KryHavok

Reaction Score

I love these sentences:

"But in reality, all they’ve done is leave a conference that was competing with the American to be the fifth-best conference and … join a league that will be competing with the American to be the fifth-best conference. What they're putting together is more Parody Pac than Pac-12, but in college sports these days it's sadly just business as usual."

So same level, strength-wise, but perhaps a little of extra money, CR is a Ponzi scheme. That aside, Parody Pac is a great conference name!!!

Reaction Score
I love these sentences:

"But in reality, all they’ve done is leave a conference that was competing with the American to be the fifth-best conference and … join a league that will be competing with the American to be the fifth-best conference. What they're putting together is more Parody Pac than Pac-12, but in college sports these days it's sadly just business as usual."

So same level, strength-wise, but perhaps a little of extra money, CR is a Ponzi scheme. That aside, Parody Pac is a great conference name!!!
Pound for pound this PAC6 is way better than the AAC. What’s funny is the PAC is MW2.0 and AAC is CUSA2.0. Yet we can’t even get Big East football 2.0 back.

Reaction Score
I love these sentences:

PAC-12 is putting together a best of the rest conference that should be better than all the other G5 conferences. If they can get respectable media money, it would be the best G5 conference.

KryHavok

Reaction Score
Pound for pound this PAC6 is way better than the AAC. What’s funny is the PAC is MW2.0 and AAC is CUSA2.0. Yet we can’t even get Big East football 2.0 back.
Big East football was pretty good. It always burned me to read how we were maligned as the "Big Least", but it can't be denied that the conference back then had some solid football AND basketball.

Reaction Score
It makes sense to me to stop at 6 and reassess. They got what I believe to be 4 of the top 5 programs out of the MWC, who bought in on the vision, while destabilizing that conference. Gives them a chance to sell CalFord on a return after a year or two of the nonsense that is the ACC. There's still an opportunity to pull together a true merger with the MWC or to get enough interested parties to blow the MWC up and leave the dregs of the conference behind. Or they can go after Gonzaga/St Mary's and pursue some football-only options.

Reaction Score
PAC-12 is putting together a best of the rest conference that should be better than all the other G5 conferences. If they can get respectable media money, it would be the best G5 conference.
As it stands, the MWC is probably the 5th out of 9 FBS conferences and 1st out of 5 G5s. A reconstituted PAC is looking like it could be 5th out of 10 FBS conferences and 1st out of 6 G6s. With more media money. That's clearly an upgrade for the MWC schools leaving.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom