Reaction Score
Channeling my inner shizzle:
I think the PAC thinking is:
Wash. St
Ore. St
San Diego St.
Boise St.
Col. St.
Fresno St. (surprised they went here vs. UNLV)
UTSA
Rice
Navy*/Gonzaga
Army*/St. Mary’s

MWC:
San Jose St.
UNLV
Nevada
Utah St.
Wyoming
Air Force
New Mexico
Hawaii*
They don’t have to do anything but if they do:
NDSU
SDSU
Idaho
Montana

C-USA & AAC are forced to try to hash out something that makes sense (perhaps they go geographically rather than a straight poach by the AAC). Memphis could perhaps consider any of the above of the money is good enough.

UConn would again have FB only possibilities to some of them to consider.

Reaction Score
I've read that as part of ACC contingency plans for schools leaving, Oregon State and Washington State would be options. Does the PAC-12 staying alive eliminate them as an option? This could be good for UConn if ACC needs teams and those 2 are off the board.

Reaction Score
As with any realignment, I just assume it is bad for UConn. Now we have a school called Fresno State getting to use P5 branding AND they will be making more money on a TV deal than UConn. Fresno freaking State. Are you kidding me?

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I've read that as part of ACC contingency plans for schools leaving, Oregon State and Washington State would be options. Does the PAC-12 staying alive eliminate them as an option? This could be good for UConn if ACC needs teams and those 2 are off the board.
The ACC can just switch to USF and Tulane... unfortunately none of this makes the situation positive for UConn. The ACC would add UConn only when it no longer is the ACC but consists of the castaways. My pessimism makes me wonder if the ACC still hates UConn more than it hates FSU for what they've been trying to pull.

Reaction Score
I can't see why or how the AAC is at play at all.

In order to maximize the dollars, you need to keep membership at 9 teams, which means 3 more. If you add more, you water down the money even more.

They can easily just add Air Force, New Mexico, UNLV or Nevada and be done with it. That's all they really need for the requisite 9.

Reaction Score
The Pac12 stayed in existence with WSU and OSU, then grabbed a bunch of MWC teams to “rebuild” - we already knew this was coming last year after the mass exodus of the big P12 names.

Reaction Score

Like others have said, Zanetto’s leak really did kill the entire thing. No one can convince me otherwise. He literally caused billions of dollars worth of damage to the University in the long term. Anyone else notice how this went from being reported to being a done deal within 12 hours? Meanwhile when our name gets floated out there we get multiple days of hit pieces and then an eventual public humiliation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Like others have said, Zanetto’s leak really did kill the entire thing. No one can convince me otherwise. He literally caused billions of dollars worth of damage to the University in the long term. Anyone else notice how this went from being reported to being a done deal within 12 hours? Meanwhile when our name gets floated out there we get multiple days of hit pieces and then an eventual public humiliation.

I don't particularly blame Zanetto, though I do think he's an opportunistic guy with no connection to the university. I do blame whoever leaked it to him. As I've said in prior posts whomever he or she is needs to be fired.

Reaction Score
Gotta think they’ll take UNLV and maybe Utah State or Hawaii to get to 8, then work on poaching some AAC remnants

Reaction Score
I don't particularly blame Zanetto, though I do think he's an opportunistic guy with no connection to the university. I do blame whoever leaked it to him. As I've said in prior posts whomever he or she is needs to be fired.
It wasn’t an employee who leaked it to him. It was pretty obviously D’Amelio because he was all congratulatory on twitter about Zanetto getting “the scoop”. And Zanetto said that his source told him it would be a good podcast episode. Hmmm…sounds like something a guy who has a huge social media background would say to a newbie podcaster to try to generate clicks.

Reaction Score

What’s great is that before the leak and after the leak his followers stayed the same. Would love to see that number drop.

CL82

Reaction Score
It wasn’t an employee who leaked it to him. It was pretty obviously D’Amelio because he was all congratulatory on twitter about Zanetto getting “the scoop”. And Zanetto said that his source told him it would be a good podcast episode. Hmmm…sounds like something a guy who has a huge social media background would say to a newbie podcaster to try to generate clicks.
That's interesting. I wasn't aware of any of that. If that is in fact, the case, hopefully D'Amelio has learned from the mistake.

For what it's worth, I think it is equally likely that D'Amelio was just congratulating Zanetto and not necessarily slyly confirming he was the leak.

I'm not sure we had the votes in any event. But, I'll say again, if it was an employee, they need to be fired.

Reaction Score

It was not D’Amelio. 100% doubt that. Seems more a Jared move to me.

D’Amelio admittedly was clueless on the issue.

Reaction Score
wiki wastes no time. sorted by enrollment

pac6.JPG

Reaction Score
Wondering why PAC-2 signed the anti-poaching agreement with the MWC for scheduling purposes when it could just raid the conference like it is doing now. This could have saved the PAC-2 $43M. This raid plan must only came together in the last year after talking to media consultants.

If the PAC wants the best media deal, they might as well expand to the East Coast and build an Eastern front like every other conference now. UConn should definitely explore football only with this conference ASAP.

Reaction Score
That's interesting. I wasn't aware of any of that. If that is in fact, the case, hopefully D'Amelio has learned from the mistake.

For what it's worth, I think it is equally likely that D'Amelio was just congratulating Zanetto and not necessarily slyly confirming he was the leak.

I'm not sure we had the votes in any event. But, I'll say again, if it was an employee, they need to be fired.
Zanetto said that he tried to reach out to Benedict to confirm the rumors and never heard back so he ran with it. The only who would be aware of these conversations are Benedict, Toscano, Radenka Maric, and a handful of the big donors/NIL collective folks (which includes D'Amelio). I think it's pretty obvious that it definitely was not any of the big 3 UConn employees leaking this to a podcaster. It had to come from the donor side and the only one who has shown any connection to Zanetto is D'Amelio. Just reading the tea leaves

Reaction Score
Channeling my inner shizzle:
I think the PAC thinking is:
Wash. St
Ore. St
San Diego St.
Boise St.
Col. St.
Fresno St. (surprised they went here vs. UNLV)
UTSA
Rice
Navy*/Gonzaga
Army*/St. Mary’s

MWC:
San Jose St.
UNLV
Nevada
Utah St.
Wyoming
Air Force
New Mexico
Hawaii*
They don’t have to do anything but if they do:
NDSU
SDSU
Idaho
Montana

C-USA & AAC are forced to try to hash out something that makes sense (perhaps they go geographically rather than a straight poach by the AAC). Memphis could perhaps consider any of the above of the money is good enough.

UConn would again have FB only possibilities to some of them to consider.

You forgot to suggest that Stony Brook, Slippery Rock and Post U should upgrade directly into the AAC to help backfill their their losses.

Reaction Score
Zanetto said that he tried to reach out to Benedict to confirm the rumors and never heard back so he ran with it. The only who would be aware of these conversations are Benedict, Toscano, Radenka Maric, and a handful of the big donors/NIL collective folks (which includes D'Amelio). I think it's pretty obvious that it definitely was not any of the big 3 UConn employees leaking this to a podcaster. It had to come from the donor side and the only one who has shown any connection to Zanetto is D'Amelio. Just reading the tea leaves
Regardless, the timing was terrible since nothing was imminent. It putted a ton of unnecessary pressure on the B12 and UConn negotiation, and it forced presidents to shut it down due to public pressure vs. letting it run it's course. Meanwhile, UConn got dragged through the mud with a bunch of unnecessary negative propaganda based on false information.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn, Temple, Army, Navy - Here we go!!!

So the Conference of Champions is no longer run by Kliavkoff but by Teresa Gould. Wonder if this alerts Yormark in any way.

"Gould also spent eight years at the West Coast Conference"
"Gould earned a bachelor’s degree from Iowa State University and a master's degree from the University of California, Berkeley in Education."

Reaction Score

LOL. There were lots of people who knew.

We literally had Tom Penders telling everyone who would listen in the state of Texas that we were back in play with the Big 12.

There is also Bobby Burton who is the de facto GM of UConn Football through Bleeding Blue For Good NIL.

Damelio is basically a superfan. He was on a spaces and he said he knew basically nothing until it broke on Twitter.

Reaction Score
The ACC can just switch to USF and Tulane... unfortunately none of this makes the situation positive for UConn. The ACC would add UConn only when it no longer is the ACC but consists of the castaways. My pessimism makes me wonder if the ACC still hates UConn more than it hates FSU for what they've been trying to pull.
How dare you say that when I’ve said it I get chastised lol

Reaction Score
UConn, Temple, Army, Navy - Here we go!!!

So the Conference of Champions is no longer run by Kliavkoff but by Teresa Gould. Wonder if this alerts Yormark in any way.

"Gould also spent eight years at the West Coast Conference"
"Gould earned a bachelor’s degree from Iowa State University and a master's degree from the University of California, Berkeley in Education."

To maximize TV revenue, it would make sense to get some bigger media markets on the East Coast for the new PAC-12. I hope they are thinking East Coast to build a pod here. UConn should be calling them now for the football only membership if such option even exist.

CL82

Reaction Score
Seems more a Jared move to me.

I'm not sure that Jared is that connected, but assuming that he is, why would he give it to someone else to podcast instead of breaking it on his own?

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
How dare you say that when I’ve said it I get chastised lol
Great (or disgruntled) minds think alike? ^_^
For what's it's worth, I would've agreed with you had I remembered seeing your post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom