New PAC-12 Forming | Page 9 | The Boneyard

New PAC-12 Forming

B12

Reaction Score
Not going to happen. FSU/Clemson lawsuits are trainwrecks, and there is no certainty of available spots in the P2. No school is going to voluntarily pay exit fees/GOR settlements to make a lateral move to the B12.

MAYBE FSU pays up to jump to the B10 or SEC, if either of those conferences will have them. That's it. Not exactly "gutted".

Not going to happen. Stanford and CAL signed ACC GOR. They are there until 2036.

LOL Memphis LOL Temple.

LOL more like 25%, assuming there are still even conference media contracts when the current ones expire. Look, we get that you are a Big12 fan--and congrats on the nice payouts your schools are currently getting--but TX and OK leaving your conference has destroyed a lot of value, and the remaining schools will realize that at some point. There is a lag, like every other financial impact, but it will happen.

ACC, maybe. PAC, LOL.

Probably true, not really a controversial prediction.

LOL so there's going to be a P3 and the Big12 is grandfathered in. Good for you!

After all that horse poop, we get to your condescending analysis of what is best for UConn. Gee thanks, and also please fûćk off somewhere else with your conference fantasies.
Yes it appears the ACC is going to lose schools, and likely some of those end up in the B12. That's widely known as even FSU and Clemson have been linked to the B12. But you can pretend if you want to.

IF 2 schools leave the ACC it's likely more leave as well. B1G will take some for sure.

The ACC is likely going to lose 6+ teams so yes I can see how Stanford and Cal could end up having to choose between the gutted ACC and PAC. In the end if the ACC does not have FSU, Clemson, UNC, Virginia, Miami, etc then the PAC is probably the better choice for Stanford and Cal.

The B12 contract is about half the B1G/SEC deals. That's a fact. LOL back at you son.

The reality is Memphis could get an ACC invite before UConn due to their FB program having more value. That will be a hard one to swallow for UConn fans Much like when Cinci made the jump. Yes I think the ACC will look at Temple and Memphis if it's down to BC, Cuse, Wake, Pitt, etc.

No, I think there will end up being a P-4 or P-5. Just a matter of the ACC and PAC deciding to be coastal conferences of about 12 +/- teams each or more of a 24 team nationwide conference.

The B12 is not grandfathered in. They are that valuable on TV which has them in #4 currently but will likely move to #3 shortly.

Not condescending at all, it's realistic. You may perceive it that way due to being insecure about UConn which is common here. The B12 has already been valued by TV partners, no lag. We know the B12 schools are worth about 30 on TV. UConn worth about 6 for BB and 500k for FB. We know that.

ESPN told the B12 not to add UConn due to ACC teams being available soon. And FOX never supported it due to having UConn for pennies already. Sucks as I really think UConn was close to getting the votes and I wanted to see it happen.

So UConn has 2 real options.

1. Stay in Big East making 6 million on BB and try to figure out what to do with FB. Indy seems less likely as there are hardly any left due to not being practical for anyone but ND. MAC might be an option. FCS is an option.

2. Try to jump to the ACC when they lose teams and reload. Seems risky for BB but would save FB and get UConn in the "power" conference albeit more of a Big East type situation as the conference would be Cuse, BC, UConn, Pitt, Wake, Memphis, USF, etc type teams for the most part with possibly Louisville, VTech, GaTech, NCST, Miami.

The reason you didn't respond is because you don't' like the answer. Neither of those are ideal for UConn, Neither provide much income for the AD who desperately needs $. The ACC deal would be better for exposure for sure IMO. So you get angry and do the usual insecure fan response. Getting mad at me won't change anything.

The hilarious part about this is if UConn had been added to the B12 you would be talking about how great it was. Insecure fans are so funny.

Reaction Score
B12: Just remember Memphis is an academically weak university. UConn is solid and improving. That may play a role for the ACC, maybe not for the B12,

Reaction Score
Yes it appears the ACC is going to lose schools, and likely some of those end up in the B12. That's widely known as even FSU and Clemson have been linked to the B12. But you can pretend if you want to.

IF 2 schools leave the ACC it's likely more leave as well. B1G will take some for sure.

The ACC is likely going to lose 6+ teams so yes I can see how Stanford and Cal could end up having to choose between the gutted ACC and PAC. In the end if the ACC does not have FSU, Clemson, UNC, Virginia, Miami, etc then the PAC is probably the better choice for Stanford and Cal.

The B12 contract is about half the B1G/SEC deals. That's a fact. LOL back at you son.

The reality is Memphis could get an ACC invite before UConn due to their FB program having more value. That will be a hard one to swallow for UConn fans Much like when Cinci made the jump. Yes I think the ACC will look at Temple and Memphis if it's down to BC, Cuse, Wake, Pitt, etc.

No, I think there will end up being a P-4 or P-5. Just a matter of the ACC and PAC deciding to be coastal conferences of about 12 +/- teams each or more of a 24 team nationwide conference.

The B12 is not grandfathered in. They are that valuable on TV which has them in #4 currently but will likely move to #3 shortly.

Not condescending at all, it's realistic. You may perceive it that way due to being insecure about UConn which is common here. The B12 has already been valued by TV partners, no lag. We know the B12 schools are worth about 30 on TV. UConn worth about 6 for BB and 500k for FB. We know that.

ESPN told the B12 not to add UConn due to ACC teams being available soon. And FOX never supported it due to having UConn for pennies already. Sucks as I really think UConn was close to getting the votes and I wanted to see it happen.

1. Stay in Big East making 6 million on BB and try to figure out what to do with FB. Indy seems less likely as there are hardly any left due to not being practical for anyone but ND. MAC might be an option. FCS is an option.

2. Try to jump to the ACC when they lose teams and reload. Seems risky for BB but would save FB and get UConn in the "power" conference albeit more of a Big East type situation as the conference would be Cuse, BC, UConn, Pitt, Wake, Memphis, USF, etc type teams for the most part with possibly Louisville, VTech, GaTech, NCST, Miami.

The reason you didn't respond is because you don't' like the answer. Neither of those are ideal for UConn, Neither provide much income for the AD who desperately needs $. The ACC deal would be better for exposure for sure IMO. So you get angry and do the usual insecure fan response. Getting mad at me won't change anything.

The hilarious part about this is if UConn had been added to the B12 you would be talking about how great it was. Insecure fans are so funny.
You are living in a dream world your contract comes up long before the ACC.
You also don't make as much money, and lost your 2 best teams to the SEC.
The Big12 will be picked apart at your new contract in 2031, if not before.

Reaction Score
I wonder why Tulane isn't on the list of possible schools that go to the PAC-12? If Memphis is on this list, Tulane isn't too far east.

Or is Tulane banking on getting into the ACC when it implodes?

Reaction Score

From the article......

To answer my own question above, this article says Tulane is a target of the PAC-12 (along with Memphis, Rice, and UTSA). A solid point is made that if other MW schools weren't already invited to join the PAC-12, they likely won't be any time soon.

Mountain West is targeting Conference USA ---- New Mexico State and UTEP.

AAC is targeting Air Force to join Army and Navy. (I'm assuming Air Force would need to be all sports rather than football only like Army and Navy).

Reaction Score
After this all shakes out, how about us football only in the American with the service academies and the leftovers? Wouldn't be terrible.

Reaction Score

I think you need to stop smoking the good stuff. There are so many false info in your post that it is not worth a proper response. If B12 folks are all like you, they really need to get off whatever they are smoking.

There is a reason why B12 paid media consultants while you are just another guy on the Internet thumping your chest about a bunch of schools that are far below UConn and ACC schools sans Louisville academically. Last I check, Yormark and the B12 media consultants aren't beating down your door for your opinion. University presidents do care about academics in addition to football.

Also, the B12 is just a bunch of schools that other 2 don't want. If you have schools that they want, you be picked apart so fast just like everyone else. Even then, I am pretty sure there will be another round of realignment at some point where the big 2 will get rid of all the free loaders in their conferences.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
interrupt this program for a flashback to 2015 AAC

2015 AAC.JPG

Reaction Score
I really need UConn fans to stop thinking UConn football only anywhere is a serious option. Nobody on Earth thinks it’s realistic except us. It’s a complete and total non-starter.
And that’s exactly why things are not going to change. Maybe an “all sports” option would be considered when Big East basketball becomes much weaker in a few years.

Reaction Score
interrupt this program for a flashback to 2015 AAC

View attachment 103525
It is like some of these folks that come here to bash UConn football think everything will stand still like today. They think UConn football will go 2 and 10 every year while programs like UCF and Houston will go 10-2 every year. Last I checked, Arizona, Arizona ST, and Colorado all had horrible football seasons last decade just like UConn. These idiots can't imagine UConn football can go 10-2 at some point in the future too sitting in one of the biggest media markets in the country.

This line of thinking is so stupid I don't even know where to start. This B12 troll is constantly try to put down UConn. If someone is starting a brand new conference today and all the Big 12 schools are available, I am pretty sure Uconn would be selected in the top 4 if the person has a brain.

Reaction Score

This hayseed screwball thinks UConn fans are insecure after winning back to back championships. Get real.
I’ll say it again. What’s wrong with you dude? You come onto a teams message board with these clueless long boring narratives.
You are out of your mind if you think FSU is going pay exit fees and burn bridges to join a conference where their “rival” would be UCF. They've got their sights on SEC and would probably do a half rate deal to get there.
Why don’t you go an FSU message board and see how well that goes over? I’m guessing like a wet fart.

Better yet, why don’t you go to a shrink to find out why you do this stupid stuff. You probably should head up to Pixley cause I doubt you’ll even find one in Hooterville. Ask Haney, he’ll refer you.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We know the B12 schools are worth about 30 on TV. UConn worth about 6 for BB and 500k for FB. We know that
Do we, in fact, "know that"? We know that is the current contract for each conference, but many schools were grandfathered in.

Reaction Score
Do we, in fact, "know that"? We know that is the current contract for each conference, but many schools were grandfathered in.
We absolutely don't know that. We know that every school in the Big East is going to get about $6mil in media distributions, but the annual media distributions to the conference went up ~$20mil annually after our addition without any other real changes except the 2nd most premier program is now really bad after their HoF coach retired. I'd argue our basketball is worth a lot more than $6mil

Reaction Score
We know the average per school was that when Texas and Oklahoma were there. Now diluted with G5s and mostly desperate PAC cellar dwellers, doubtful.
Don’t be surprised if Ok St, arguably the best remaining B12 football brand, and FSU join the SEC. Definitely cultural fits.
This rube is trying to inflate his conference value to try and hang with the big boys. It ain’t working.

Reaction Score
If all the B12 schools are in the same situation as UConn now, I am pretty sure they would be worth even less than what UConn is being paid right now.

This troll has no clue how media contracts work. Thank God Yormark isn't an idiot who thinks like that.

Reaction Score

What color is the sky in your world?

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
UNLV just took down Kansas, parody PAC invite being sent soon to them??? :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members