New PAC-12 Forming | Page 20 | The Boneyard

New PAC-12 Forming

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
We and Villanova are the only brands in the NEWBE. Everyone else is B-list or below. Not a soul outside of South Orange NJ cares about Seton Hall. Probably gets them confudsed with St Peters.
Thats my point. The Big East doesn't want to be anything more then it is. They don't care if Memphis or other "brands" come in or not. They don't fit their profile.

Reaction Score
If UConn were in a secure conference, everyone would recognize these “ideas” for what they are: completely nuts.
Lina Khan has sued just about every company in the US. Is there a reason she hasn’t sued the NCAA or the P2 conferences?

Reaction Score
PAC 12 is not ideal…but football needs a home. They need a path. They need a chance at a conference championship. A path into the CFP. If UConn could get in anywhere as a football only member…I say go. Can’t wait for 10pm games on the west coast!

Reaction Score

Like others have said, Zanetto’s leak really did kill the entire thing. No one can convince me otherwise. He literally caused billions of dollars worth of damage to the University in the long term. Anyone else notice how this went from being reported to being a done deal within 12 hours? Meanwhile when our name gets floated out there we get multiple days of hit pieces and then an eventual public humiliation.

I think it was a done deal too, or at least ver very close. I wouldn’t be shocked if it comes back pretty soon. Over the years a number of these deals in realignment have been dead only to return in a couple of months or even a couple of years. Va Tech replaced Syracuse but the Orange went a couple of years later. Rutgers was in and out of the Big10 for years. West Virginia had replaced the Big East logo with the B12, then got voted down, then voted in a month or so later.

Reaction Score
Unintentional consequences…

Just speculation on my part.

If it was you. Please don’t do that again.
Not a world in which that would have been me. I was forbidden from even speaking on that topic aside from things like “can confirm Thamel is the closest to accurate of all the reports out there.”

Reaction Score
Another bunch of idiots. Why sign an anti poaching anything? Should have cobbled whatever schedule you could have for this year before you signed that. I swear college sports are run by the biggest dolts you can find.
I'd imagine their legal counsel said it was BS, not enforceable and to not worry about it. either that or they dont care about the price and are just doing their due diligence to get out of paying.

Reaction Score
The whole All Sports thing is annoying. Hockey is in HE. That's not changing they are in the top league in the country. AAC didn't offer all sports. Field Hockey has Denver in it, if I am correct (or Lacrosse). Football in a conference alone across the country, why not. They always say olympic sports do not add value to the contracts, so why not?

Reaction Score
Not a world in which that would have been me. I was forbidden from even speaking on that topic aside from things like “can confirm Thamel is the closest to accurate of all the reports out there.”

Thanks

Reaction Score
PAC 12 is not ideal…but football needs a home. They need a path. They need a chance at a conference championship. A path into the CFP. If UConn could get in anywhere as a football only member…I say go. Can’t wait for 10pm games on the west coast!
That’s going to happen in just about every league. ACCcheck, Big 10 check, Big 12 check. But if you get a 3 pm start, it’s 6 pm here. And it isn’t like every game is 10 pm. I. I’d like to think we’d get mostly earlier games to reach UConn viewers.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Just what we need. Another "inside source".
I don't get this. Are we so hated that any jabroni wants to sprout garbage just to humiliate us? And then we're told we're insecure...WTH???

Reaction Score
We probably only hear a fraction of all the goings on behind the scenes with Dave Benedict. If the PAC is seriously considering adding UConn for football only, it seems the other G5 would be jumping at the chance too, especially the MAC. Not that UConn should take that, but UConn must have options it is considering.

Reaction Score
Maximum, 4 away new Pac games, maybe 5 every other season. CSU, Boise, and reportedly Utah State each 2 hours difference in MT. The rest for now in PT.

So, maybe 2 to 3 away games a season potentially slotted in during MT or PT afternoon (2 or 3 ET, or 5 or 6 pm ET). Less likely IMHO, 10 pm ET kickoffs.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Revised with Utah State…

Western Division: 8 full members

Oregon State legacy
Washington State legacy
San Diego State Sep 2024
Fresno State Sep 2024
Boise State Sep 2024
Colorado State Sep 2024
Utah State Sep 2024
UNLV - TBD

Eastern Division, 8 FB affiliates.

Army - Patriot (FB only)
Navy - Patriot (FB only)
UConn - Big East (FB only)
Nova - Big East (FB only)
Temple - A10 (FB only)
UMass - A10 (FB only)
Delaware - A10 (FB only)
USF - A10 (FB only)
Zis,

If the PAC already has sufficient membership to remain a conference (the eight full members listed above), why would they consider adding another eight football only members?

Reaction Score
So does this PAC-12 noise make the ACC think differently about UConn? That they won't just be hanging out there?

I believe the ACC leaders heads are (and have been for years) so far up you know where, that extraction is impossible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom