OT: - New Mexico State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: New Mexico State

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The "hazing" is 100% a cover up for what is going on, or a PR spin on it to hide the actual bad stuff. Or the hazing is an outcome of the actual mess

Put me in this category. Players had free reign to do as they pleased off the court and no one was paying attention or trying to hold them accountable.

One of the reports said three players held down the person being hazed and pulled down his shorts to spank or smack his ass. No way anyone should be thinking that is acceptable behavior nowadays.

Reaction Score
Put me in this category. Players had free reign to do as they pleased off the court and no one was paying attention or trying to hold them accountable.

One of the reports said three players held down the person being hazed and pulled down his shorts to spank or smack his ass. No way anyone should be thinking that is acceptable behavior nowadays.
Hazing as in freshman have to carry the bags or run extra or something to me is fine but this seems to have gone well past good natured hazing into abuse

Reaction Score
Hazing as in freshman have to carry the bags or run extra or something to me is fine but this seems to have gone well past good natured hazing into abuse
By definition there is no such thing as good natured hazing, as others have said its not optional (that was once the point, a right of passage & you made it thru or were dropped) and it puts the people doing the hazing in total control. As a society we realized that bad consequences from this though not common back in the day were inevitable and the risks/abuse of hazing far outweighed any benefits.

For example Animal House showed how extreme the elite frat Omega behaved & there was a vague allusion to it being sexual, this was a purposeful exaggeration but not far from the mark. Meanwhile Delta had the 'benign' version with kids just getting nicknames (some cruel, mostly funny), and excessive drinking. Yet each likely moved hazing into more acceptable and set a course of escalation where they both eventually became extreme and prone to injuries, accidents, deaths.
Would anyone want their child hazed today?! You'd have to have implicit trust of the hazer.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Crazy thing is that as bad as this is, they’re barely scratching the surface of how insane the Baylor situation was 10-15 years ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom