New logo is already growing on me | Page 6 | The Boneyard

New logo is already growing on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Except there was a serious flaw with our logo. It wasnt a husky and that needed to be addressed at some point. I always hated the cartoon Samoyed so I guess it's easier for me to accept the new logo than others.

Yes, it sucked. I never once bought any merchandise with that logo, except a couple of national championship t-shirts, where it wasn't primary. It didn't look like a husky, so it poorly represented the UConn Huskies. This one is much more appealing and recognizable. And it doesn't look like its riding in the back seat of a convertible.

Reaction Score
Sounds like you agree UConn had a logo that was synonymous with the university. I agree. That's why I don't like the change. It's new coke.

Anytime people dislike a change, they compare it to "New Coke." I'm sorry, but our old Husky logo ain't Classic Coca Cola.

For every "New Coke" there are a ton of successful changes. Apple used the same logo from 1976 to 1998, but nobody wants to go back to that technicolor nightmare for tradition's sake.

Check out all of the successful redesigns over the years: http://best-ad.blogspot.com/2008/08/evolution-of-logos.html

I never liked the old logo and I tended to avoid buying stuff with it on there. It always struck me as a tad silly.

But diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom