New logo is already growing on me | The Boneyard

New logo is already growing on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At first glance I was on the fence with the new logo but after seeing it with the red outline I really like it, it pops out at you and I dig the eyes. I see people on facebook saying how lame it is and that our old one was so much better. To be honest I have never liked our logos and living in different parts of the country I've found from other people's reactions that they always thought or logo was too soft and cartoonish, it looked like an aloof dog that just wanted to lick you. We are from the land of steady habits and many see any change as bad, this is a good change and I would guarantee that just about everyone who is not connected with the program will like this more than the old one and we will see more merchandise sales.

Reaction Score
I like it a lot. People on fb are hating on it so hard though, but I guarantee its just because people don't like change. They're not giving it a chance, eventually I bet they accept it.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Ehhh.....new logo is kind of a yawner

But hey it might entice 10 year olds to buy merchandise, but certainly not me. Still love my Huskies although we look like every other JoeShmo now

Reaction Score
Also to the people saying the new logo doesn't look like a Husky and it looks like a wolf, well it does look like a Husky and the breed does look like wolves. Our old logo looked like a Samoyed.

Reaction Score
At first glance I was on the fence with the new logo but after seeing it with the red outline I really like it, it pops out at you and I dig the eyes. I see people on facebook saying how lame it is and that our old one was so much better. To be honest I have never liked our logos and living in different parts of the country I've found from other people's reactions that they always thought or logo was too soft and cartoonish, it looked like an aloof dog that just wanted to lick you. We are from the land of steady habits and many see any change as bad, this is a good change and I would guarantee that just about everyone who is not connected with the program will like this more than the old one and we will see more merchandise sales.
You are hallucinating. This mascot sucks. It is nothing more than an ill fated attempt by Nike to sell more product. Well guess what? They won't. Giving up the traditional, distinctive, beloved mascot for one that could be the one for a dozen other teams is frankly, idiotic. I for one will never buy a UConn product with that image on it. Typically, I purchase my UConn products with the Husky on it and I buy a lot of them every year. I am just one person, but if you go and read the comments on Facebook there are thousands who feel the same way. What I really want to know is who signed off on this piece of crap, Herbst or Manual? Whoever it is needs to leave now because they don't have clue one. I will work through the Alumni Association and the UConn Club, I belong to both, to put pressure on the fools who made this decision to come to their senses. Even if I'm wrong, and they sell a few more shirts, it won't offset the lost donations. I'm telling you this is going to get a lot of people po'd.

Reaction Score
I like it a lot. People on fb are hating on it so hard though, but I guarantee its just because people don't like change. They're not giving it a chance, eventually I bet they accept it.
Change for the sake of change is foolishness. A university builds traditions and unity through things like the mascot. To arbitrarily throw it away because it looks like a samoyed or we'll sell more product is absurd. By the way, to the other poster on this thread, there are white siberian huskies. Have you ever seen the Jonathon's we've had through the years? They are huskies not samoyeds. Google on white siberian huskies and maybe you'll learn something. This is the most ridiculous move I remember the university trying to make in my memory. I am convinced that it can, and will be blocked.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You are hallucinating. This mascot sucks. It is nothing more than an ill fated attempt by Nike to sell more product. Well guess what? They won't. Giving up the traditional, distinctive, beloved mascot for one that could be the one for a dozen other teams is frankly, idiotic. I for one will never buy a UConn product with that image on it. Typically, I purchase my UConn products with the Husky on it and I buy a lot of them every year. I am just one person, but if you go and read the comments on Facebook there are thousands who feel the same way. What I really want to know is who signed off on this piece of crap, Herbst or Manual? Whoever it is needs to leave now because they don't have clue one. I will work through the Alumni Association and the UConn Club, I belong to both, to put pressure on the fools who made this decision to come to their senses. Even if I'm wrong, and they sell a few more shirts, it won't offset the lost donations. I'm telling you this is going to get a lot of people po'd.

Well they will sell more to me. This one finally looks like a husky. Huge improvement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Also to the people saying the new logo doesn't look like a Husky and it looks like a wolf, well it does look like a Husky and the breed does look like wolves. Our old logo looked like a Samoyed.

Our logo from 1982 until today WAS a samoyed, basically:

1gSvbXg.jpg

The above dog is an absolute dead-ringer for our old logo, but it is not a husky. It is a Samoyed, with the breed-distinctive "Sammy smile". We've basically been using the wrong dog for our logo for 30 years.

That being said, I was definitely prepared for worse, so this logo does have the potential to grow on me over time. The fact that I didn't absolutely hate it outright upon first viewing is a great sign.

It was definitely a shock though, especially the fact that it isn't all-white. The all-white husky has been the symbol of UCONN athletics for my entire life, so any change from that was bound to be a shock.

Reaction Score
well looks and has the same design type as the Cal and Oregon St. ones, i dont really know what to think, i dont like how they have a similar feel, who knows if more nike ones are gonna look the same. Its not bad, and who CARES what facebook says, fb sucks, thats like caring what people say on myspace (if it still exists) haha um no thanks people

Reaction Score
Our logo from 1982 until today WAS a samoyed, basically:

1gSvbXg.jpg

The above dog is an absolute dead-ringer for our old logo, but it is not a husky. It is a Samoyed, with the breed-distinctive "Sammy smile". We've basically been using the wrong dog for our logo for 30 years.

That being said, I was definitely prepared for worse, so this logo does have the potential to grow on me over time. The fact that I didn't absolutely hate it outright upon first viewing is a great sign.

It was definitely a shock though, especially the fact that it isn't all-white. The all-white husky has been the symbol of UCONN athletics for my entire life, so any change from that was bound to be a shock.
We have a white siberian husky mascot. Here are pictures of a bunch of them. What dou find confusing about this?
http://www.huskycolors.com/white.html

Reaction Score

I respectfully disagree with your position. Uconn will sell a ton of this stuff and then in a few years they can launch a "retro" line on merchandise with the old logos on them and those will sell as well. They are just are expanding on their potential brand. I am a traditionalist and see things the way you do as well, but this move will expand Uconns marketing reach and opportunities down the road.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I'll still buy UConn garb....as long as it doesn't have the the new husky logo on it. For me, they'll def be seeing a drop in sales, atleast from my pocket.

Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree with your position. Uconn will sell a ton of this stuff and then in a few years they can launch a "retro" line on merchandise with the old logos on them and those will sell as well. They are just are expanding on their potential brand. I am a traditionalist and see things the way you do as well, but this move will expand Uconns marketing reach and opportunities down the road.
Exactly, you get it, wish more of our fanbase could understand this.

Reaction Score

I don't mean to imply that Nike has a better idea of what people want than some dude on the Internet with 74 total posts before now, but...

... well, yeah, that's pretty much what I'm implying.

Reaction Score
This new logo is pretty sweet. I guarantee all the gnashing of teeth will be done come first kickoff....especially if new unis are of Cal quality

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Make the top of the head white, and I'll be happy.

Reaction Score
People are on facebook like "I'm never buying UConn merchandise again!"

The new logo is awesome

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah but the old Jonathan logo isn't a husky even if it is white. And who's to say the new logo isn't all white still? There needs to be some shading otherwise its just a white space

Exactly. The fluffy fur was never husky like. Its a relatively short haired breed. Hated the fluffy fur look of the old logo because it was clearly not a husky and was too "happy" looking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You need to find a hobby.

Poe

Reaction Score
I've always avoiding buying any apparel with the old logo, I just thought it looked dumb on clothing. The new logo; however, I wouldn't mind rockin'.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I've always avoiding buying any apparel with the old logo, I just thought it looked dumb on clothing. The new logo; however, I wouldn't mind rockin'.
Me too. I have exactly 1 shirt (of about 20 UCONN shirts) with the silly, tongue hanging out Jonathan on it and i never were it because it looks so goofy.

Reactions: Poe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc