New Husky Logos | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Husky Logos

Reaction Score
I'd love to know the genius who thought it was a smart idea to change the logo back in 2013.

Imagine changing a logo that was recognizable and linked to winning.
Almost everyone rebrands, if we never did we would have manic depressive husky or musket husky.

Reaction Score
I like these, like the current logo, and like the old ones especially the one with the rifle. 2002-2013 logo is the GOAT tho

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
View attachment 51463
this is a picture of the current real life mascot, as a puppy.. he is not all white.. so until the next Johnathan is born, and happens to be all white, and this one is retired, we have the two toned husky logo, which i don't mind.. juss sayin
Maybe it's just me but that is what a Siberian Husky is supposed to look like, and the current logo is a major upgrade over the Samoyed puppy one.

Reaction Score
Probably will be used as alternates going forward. Now lets hear some hyperbolic takes.

One thing to note is that there is no red, but there is a sky blue accent.

They're kidding me right? :eek:

Reaction Score
This will never be used for anything other than selling shirts and maybe you see it on a quick highlight reel like all teams now use (someone mentioned the Sparty one earlier)

Reaction Score
I don't care what logo we settle on, just kill this thing ...
1583183911078.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes but our national brand, what we've been know to for fans across the country and the thing fans on this board freak out about since our siberian husly logo is the white samoyed logo. Most people around the country have no ides we actually have a live animal mascot. Jonathan isn't Uga the bulldog.
So you'd be perfectly cool with a white husky mascot?

CL82

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me but that is what a Siberian Husky is supposed to look like, and the current logo is a major upgrade over the Samoyed puppy one.

The White Husky Breed
People are often confused about the origin of the breed and whether or not ‘White Husky’ is the same as the breed simply known as ‘Siberian Husky’. Well, yes. Siberian Husky and White Husky are the same breeds. Furthermore, the White Husky is one common name that describes a Siberian husky dog breed. The main difference between Siberian and White Husky lies in their appearance. Just a few of Huskies are blessed with all-white fur. White is in general rare color in dogs, especially in Siberian Huskies.

White Husky is considered to be one of the most beautiful dogs in the world. It’s not possible not to notice them. After all, they are initially white which makes them appealing to many, as white fur is not so common in dogs. In addition, this breed has almond-shaped eyes, and erect triangular-shaped ears.

They are built strong and their posture is powerful. In addition, they always have a serene look. Their bodies are lean and proportionate, and they have fox-like bushy tails. Don’t think that they are not strong, just because they look so graceful. After all, they were bred as working dogs so they have the strength of a sled dog, but they have natural poise and grace. White Huskies make elegant, but powerful dogs.

1583184939975.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So you'd be perfectly cool with a white husky mascot?
I like our current husky logo and had no problem with our old samoyed logo but could really care less. I care even less about the mascot/live dog.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
What Does a Purebred White Husky Look Like?
A purebred white husky is one of the most beautiful dogs on the planet. These dogs have alert, erect triangular-shaped ears, almond-shaped eyes that are keen and intense, lean and proportionate bodies and fox-like bushy tails. The white husky can look deceptively lightweight, especially since this working dog has a natural grace and poise, but make no mistake; this dog is very strong and powerful.
My comment was written tongue-in-cheek. I've owned 7 Huskies, and of course they've all looked different. But when someone says Siberian Husky, I think of the black and white, blue-eyed variety, like the current live mascot. And I may be in the minority, but I've liked our current logo since it was created in 2013.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Have to agree with @superjohn. The actual live dog (or 10 dogs) they say is the "actual Uconn husky" makes any difference. The logo is our brand. >50% of our fans and 100% of our non fans have any idea what the live mascot looks like.

CL82

Reaction Score
Have to agree with @superjohn. The actual live dog (or 10 dogs) they say is the "actual Uconn husky" makes any difference. The logo is our brand. >50% of our fans and 100% of our non fans have any idea what the live mascot looks like.
I guess but 100% of our fans and vast majority of college basketball knew (and still knows) which college this mascot belongs to:
1583185461487.png

Identity is the point of branding. The move from a distinct logo to a generic looking one is a branding mistake.

It's fine for people to have different likes, but people who say there is no such thing are a white husky are just wrong. Interesting enough Herbst said that was part of the basis from moving from the all white husky as a mascot.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
FYI these will not be used for athletics or anything like that. Mostly just for around campus signage or student related materials

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I figured everyone would have the normal reaction of "no."

I kind of like it, but not as much as our new one OR our old one.

Reaction Score
For the millionth time, our logo is a Siberian Husky. The happy fluffy one you probably prefer is a Samoyed.

The “Husky” bread has changed over the years. We have not had a black and white Siberian Husky since the original Jonathan back in 1934 who was struck by a car in 1935. The white husky debuted as Jonathan II until 2013 when the University went back to the original bread with black and white bread.

I think the out-cry of the white husky, and it is possible to have a white Husky (see AKC below), is because we are removing 80 years of mascot tradition. There’s nothing wrong with that but it is unpleasant to the eye of the viewer for the past 80 years.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I guess but 100% of our fans and vast majority of college basketball knew (and still knows) which college this mascot belongs to:

Identity is the point of branding. The move from a distinct logo to a generic looking one is a branding mistake.

It's fine for people to have different likes, but people who say there is no such thing are a white husky are just wrong. Interesting enough Herbst said that was part of the basis from moving from the all white husky as a mascot.
Yeah a samoyed is a white husky. Malamutes, Siberians and samoyeds are all types of huskies.

The point was that the fact that the live husky wasn't a samoyed even though the logo was didn't make any difference. The logo is how people know us and a lot of people find the old logo to look like a page out of a kids bedtime story.

Reaction Score
I like the current logo. Should probably be all white though. I suspect that those of you who like the old logo are, well, old.
Not that old. Current Logo looks like a robot dog- what’s yer earliest memory of UConn? Jalens full court heave to tie cincy? Lol.

CL82

Reaction Score
The “Husky” bread has changed over the years. We have not had a black and white Siberian Husky since the original Jonathan back in 1934 who was struck by a car in 1935. The white husky debuted as Jonathan II until 2013 when the University went back to the original bread with black and white bread.

I think the out-cry of the white husky, and it is possible to have a white Husky (see AKC below), is because we are removing 80 years of mascot tradition. There’s nothing wrong with that but it is unpleasant to the eye of the viewer for the past 80 years.

Nice find! They purged this from the UConn website.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom