New Homeland Season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Homeland Season

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That needle will save him - Quinn's too big now to go. He and Carrie need to get back together soon for this season, they will. Great stuff makes Sunday a long way away too!:confused:

While I don't disagree, he looked like he was melting.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Best season yet. I love the Germans.

I have let a few plot holes go. For example, the CIA would never fall for Allison's story of why she was in a Russian safe house. I am going to guess that in the history of espionage, plenty of busted double agents have tried it. There must be a protocol for dealing with that assertion. Also, Saul would have sniffed Allison out sooner, even if he was banging her. Whatever, it is a good story, and I kind of like her as a barely competent agent that is an excellent liar. Ivan recognized the set up immediately while Allison had missed it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Best season yet. I love the Germans.

I have let a few plot holes go. For example, the CIA would never fall for Allison's story of why she was in a Russian safe house. I am going to guess that in the history of espionage, plenty of busted double agents have tried it. There must be a protocol for dealing with that assertion. Also, Saul would have sniffed Allison out sooner, even if he was banging her. Whatever, it is a good story, and I kind of like her as a barely competent agent that is an excellent liar. Ivan recognized the set up immediately while Allison had missed it.

Nobody, I mean nobody would fall for Allison's story. She would be kept in isolation until resolution. Perhaps, as ex Berlin station chief, she would have been consulted re the attack (again, in isolation), but there is zero chance she would be allowed to help as part of the team. Dar would be incredibly suspicious of her, given the way he acted towards Saul earlier in the season, a man he has known and worked with far, far longer than Allison.

I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that Saul wouldn't have sniffed her out though. Everybody is fallible (human), and these people need to let their guard down at some point, if only to preserve their sanity. She was high up in the organization, a close companion, with a reputation beyond reproach. And he clearly had more feelings for her than merely a side piece. As he said earlier, he didn't want to believe it, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. It's pretty easy to have a blind spot in that scenario.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
She ain't off the hook. She messed with the kill box.

What was with the dog walking lady. I'm thinking the way Allison put out her ciggy she was giving a signal.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
She ain't off the hook. She messed with the kill box.

What was with the dog walking lady. I'm thinking the way Allison put out her ciggy she was giving a signal.

Absolutely. That's why I said she should have been in solitary.

Reaction Score
The show is so full of holes. It has decided to try to become MI-5 (Spooks), which is not a bad thing, but it does not quite get there and that leaves it in a slightly better 24 level of television. Still light years better than Walking Dead and The Affair though

Reaction Score
Crazy stuff last night left me hanging. Saul was going in to break Allison's neck but she disappeared, doesn't look good. The journalist chick is ready to open up a monstrous can o'worms. Great great stuff

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Crazy stuff last night left me hanging. Saul was going in to break Allison's neck but she disappeared, doesn't look good. The journalist chick is ready to open up a monstrous can o'worms. Great great stuff

I'm going to be a curmudgeon again. They just made Saul into a complete idiot. He wouldn't buy any of the stuff Allison is spewing, including the source info. At this stage, I'd think he'd trust what Carrie was saying first and foremost. They are also super lax with Allison on so many levels that it's absurd.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The bodyguard would NEVER give Allison his gun. It would have been more credible if she killed the bodyguard and shot herself with the same drop piece.

Also, Allison would not have been left alone, although given the chaos of the moment, that is less crazy than her getting the bodyguard's gun.

I am not clear on the Kill Box. Without Quinn, they don't really know that she messed with it, do they?

Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:
The bodyguard would NEVER give Allison his gun. It would have been more credible if she killed the bodyguard and shot herself with the same drop piece. Also, Allison would not have been left alone, although given the chaos of the moment, that is less crazy than her getting the bodyguard's gun. I am not clear on the Kill Box. Without Quinn, they don't really know that she messed with it, do they?

The bodyguard said that he didn't believe that she was guilty of anything so he was on her side. That's probably why they established that in the previous episode to set this up.

I think the kill box is still open for debate. We know but they seem to have let it die.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
24 is more believable than this show. So far from reality.

This season has been very good, but there's definitely been some lazy writing since Allison got discovered.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The big goof from this episode was how the ultra-slick Allisone completely f-ed up the shootout scene. Sure, she was stressed and time was whirring past but to screw up the guns and shooting angles was a huge gaffe on her part. She put the body guards gun back in front of him but shot the professor with her gun. AND shot herself with her gun?

Okay.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The big goof from this episode was how the ultra-slick Allisone completely f-ed up the shootout scene. Sure, she was stressed and time was whirring past but to screw up the guns and shooting angles was a huge gaffe on her part. She put the body guards gun back in front of him but shot the professor with her gun. AND shot herself with her gun?

And her prints are all over the guns. And blast spray all over her arms. Really lazy writing.

Reaction Score
I think some of Allison's slip ups have been realistic. She is just as smart, if not smarter, than Saul/Darr/etc. She's been two steps ahead of them for years. Now that things are unraveling she's making stuff up on the fly so she has no choice but to be sloppy. The shooting scene will be easy to figure out based upon the prints/angles/powder/etc., but it gave her the time she needed to be lifted by the Russians.

What a big leap she made to allow the terrorist attack to go through. She seemed to snap into line when they mentioned that she'd lose her $5mm. I think that's the paltry number they mentioned. She could make that much pretty quickly on private security/books/speaking, considering her intelligence position. People say that the show makes Muslims look bad and there's no question that its true (I'll leave opinions on that topic to the cesspool), but the Russians come out as bad or worse.

I assume this season is going to be a bit more like the first few. We'll have a finale, but we'll also have open end issues that will continue. I can't see how they can wrap up everything this weekend.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Okay.

Throughout the season, Allison is more ballsy than bright. She enables the data breach by screwing with the hacker. She got trapped by the Russians, and then outs herself when the Russian SVR chief saw through the whole situation almost immediately. She isn't made out to be some genius, just lucky and fearless.

Reaction Score
Throughout the season, Allison is more ballsy than bright. She enables the data breach by screwing with the hacker. She got trapped by the Russians, and then outs herself when the Russian SVR chief saw through the whole situation almost immediately. She isn't made out to be some genius, just lucky and fearless.
I said I thought she was as smart, if not smarter, than her superiors. I think you're right though. She's clearly smart (to have gotten to where she was originally and use her Russian information adequately), but I think you are right that a big part of her not getting caught sooner was some luck. She was in a position of trust and therefore the microscope wasn't on her.

I'd add agreeing to meet the Iraqi in the Caribbean with the money was further proof. She was clearly going to steal the money and jumped on the opportunity, but that was a rookie move.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think some of Allison's slip ups have been realistic. She is just as smart, if not smarter, than Saul/Darr/etc. She's been two steps ahead of them for years. Now that things are unraveling she's making stuff up on the fly so she has no choice but to be sloppy. The shooting scene will be easy to figure out based upon the prints/angles/powder/etc., but it gave her the time she needed to be lifted by the Russians.

I think nelson is right, while clearly very intelligent, she's been more ballsy than bright. Remember, this is an operative who got completely duped by the Russians early in her career, which lead to the blackmail.

She's been two steps ahead because Saul and Dara's guards were completely down regarding her allegiance. They had no reason to suspect, as she, due to completely neat and well packaged Russian intelligence, was performing exemplarily in her role. The Russians effectively performed her role FOR her. She was a pawn.

Reaction Score
The second she was found out she would be in a hole in Virginia, not still working. Everything after is all convenience for story.

Reaction Score
So..... thoughts?
Decent finale, good, not great.
I wish Allison and Carrie had a final meeting.
Poor Saul. He is a SOB, a really good one too.. He had a tough finale learning what he learned.
Quinn, WTF (not surprised tho).

I know they are doing a season 6, but no clue where it will be based (if I had to guess, I'd say back in the States - DC or NYC).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So..... thoughts? Decent finale, good, not great.
I wish Allison and Carrie had a final meeting.
Poor Saul. He is a SOB, a really good one too.. He had a tough finale learning what he learned.
Quinn, WTF (not surprised tho).

I know they are doing a season 6, but no clue where it will be based (if I had to guess, I'd say back in the States - DC or NYC).

Honestly, pretty underwhelming for me. There was very little drama in my mind, and the whole episode felt like an epilogue, not a finale.

The attack being thwarted was no surprise, nor the outcome of it. Was happy to see the renegade reporter get her comeuppance. Normally, I'm on the side of truth, anti-govt 'oppression', rebel types, but with the way she acted towards potential collateral damage didn't fly w me. Inflaming situations and getting people killed in the name of truth is crap. Feel really bad for her Newman though. He just got dumped on throughout the season.

Had a feeling that was it for Quinn, and I for one, am disappointed, as he was my favorite character. But after watching the Sarin's effect on his body, I thought "no way he comes back from that". And it would have been BS if he did. I do think it was interesting that Carrie and Saul potentially killed him off by waking him up. But they didn't explore that line of thinking enough for my taste.

And how about the BS chutzpah of Allison at the Russian hideout? Acting all aghast at the sex trafficking: who did you think you were working for you knob head?? And threatening the Dr with not working again, when she is in the most impotent position imaginable. Sheer ery.

And the biggest let down was how they dealt with her. Always better to get a comeuppance face to face so that you can see the shame and horror in her face, as she realizes she'll be prosecuted for treason and spend the rest of her life in a super max. Killing her off without her even being aware of the end was super weak. No sense of justice there.

Thought Otto Düring's move was interesting in the context that he totally Carrie with Jonus so he could move in on Jonus' territory. Odd contrast of the measured character he displayed in most of the season. He's an interesting character.

Reaction Score
Really enjoyed last week but finale was a mess.

Carrie saves the day in the subway five minutes into the show and then a whole lotta nothing until they killed Allison. With alot of goofy going on....halfassed marriage proposal...Carrie turns Saul down on return to CIA.....does Carrie kill Quinn at end....weak.

Will miss Quinn.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Otto's marriage proposal made me want to punch myself in the face. Homeland is usually better about hiding its shark jumping. Otherwise it was a great season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom