New Homeland Season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Homeland Season

Reaction Score
That's two season in a row where they ended with more of a wrap up, then finale. I didn't like the Pakistan season, so I was angry that they wasted an hour of my time. I like this year's season and I was okay with a slow-paced wrap up.

Allison: This is the only piece that I thought didn't make much sense. As mad as Saul was, it doesn't even seem arguable that she should have been killed. She could have corroborated Ivan's information and shared weaknesses that allowed her to get away with her double agency. If anything, I'm surprised it wasn't the Russians that killed her.

Quinn: I'm not happy with his apparent departure, but it was probably time. His type of profession can't have a long life expectancy, and post-CarriePakistan rejection he want real dark. In fact, until coming back to humanity a bit when Carrie showed up in the kill box, he wasn't a particular likable or sympathetic character. He was basically a robotic assassin. Great to have on our side, but not someone to root for. For example, did they explain how the one woman he killed in the hijab knew him? He didn't even hesitate in killing her. Speaking of the kill-box, was that infiltration really the best way to kill Carrie? I guess they wanted it to look like terrorists or the CIA, but couldn't the Russians have taken out Carrie a lot easier?

Otto: I think they could've played with that character a bit more, and maybe they will in the future. In the end, it seems like he was everything he held himself out as. Because you always assume the worst in this show, I think they did that a bit on purpose. Is he really helping terrorists? Is this all some economic game? Turns out he's just a really rich guy that wants to make up for the sins of his relatives. I didn't hate the Carrie proposal that much. With Jonus, Otto is just a rich guy c!@k blocking.

Jonus: That guy wins the show. He knew Carrie had a past, but that doesn't mean you want to see it. Seeing / hearing about the stuff that she has done and did is pretty eye opening. There's no way she can say it won't happen anymore. Chances are that he and/or his family would be dead in a future Homeland season. He's going to be just fine moving on.

Saul/Dar: Time to get some new blood in charge. They still have a place, but the game is passing them by.

Dar: I like that he didn't try to befriend Carrie. They had a moment re Quinn. Dar is proud that he pulled Quinn in early and turned him into a killer, and he hates Carrie for being erratic and softening Quinn and Saul. They had their moment re a common love and then move on. Speaking of, Dar mentioned that Carrie was Quinn's beneficiary. He gave her the letter, but my guess is Quinn has a crap load of money somewhere. Doesn't he have an ex-wife (that continued to look out for him when Carrie was probing) and a kid?

Reaction Score
The fact they blasted the Mercedes with Allison in the trunk was ok but thought it would be better if she heard the commotion outside the car not knowing what was transpiring. Then when the trunk opened she saw Saul first, all this while our gunmen had their guns on the Russians in the car. Then when Saul looked at her, shakes his head and says "Goodbye Allison you" and slams the trunk with the go ahead to gun down everyone in the car cold blood while walking away.

Reaction Score
The fact they blasted the Mercedes with Allison in the trunk was ok but thought it would be better if she heard the commotion outside the car not knowing what was transpiring. Then when the trunk opened she saw Saul first, all this while our gunmen had their guns on the Russians in the car. Then when Saul looked at her, shakes his head and says "Goodbye Allison you " and slams the trunk with the go ahead to gun down everyone in the car cold blood while walking away.
So you prefer cliches then

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It was a clean, tidy wrap up. Not the best. I did the like the way the journalist was handled. This season was the best but it was more cerebral than action. So the finale was not going to bring fireworks. Worst scene was Carrie begging Jonus to take her back.

But the cliff hanger being will Carrie choose Saul or Otto? I am not waiting anxiously to find out.

Shameless is just 2 weeks away!!!

Reaction Score
And the biggest let down was how they dealt with her. Always better to get a comeuppance face to face so that you can see the shame and horror in her face, as she realizes she'll be prosecuted for treason and spend the rest of her life in a super max. Killing her off without her even being aware of the end was super weak. No sense of justice there..

Very weird overall. Doesn't she have enough intelligence they can extract to make her valuable enough to TRY and take her alive ? I mean this is top of the line German and US intelligence and they take her out with movie mafia gunfire overkill ? Why ? Very ill conceived. If they had to end it like that, they could have at least made them force their hand.

Reaction Score
Very weird overall. Doesn't she have enough intelligence they can extract to make her valuable enough to TRY and take her alive ? I mean this is top of the line German and US intelligence and they take her out with movie mafia gunfire overkill ? Why ? Very ill conceived. If they had to end it like that, they could have at least made them force their hand.

I prayed for an ugly death for her (well, not really prayed). There was no way they wanted her alive to reveal how she played the American intelligence agencies. They shoulda reloaded and blasted her again. :eek:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I prayed for an ugly death for her (well, not really prayed). There was no way they wanted her alive to reveal how she played the American intelligence agencies. They shoulda reloaded and blasted her again. :eek:

But that wasn't even an ugly death. That was clean as could be. She didn't even know she was dead. No realization of, "oh, I'm duckcked". That's what everyone's watching for.

I agree with deadrody on this one. They should have kept her alive buried in a super max facility.

Reaction Score
While I liked the situation and selection of characters in Germany, this season was the worst. Horribly amateurish writing in most episodes. Cliched direction. There were exceptions but most episodes were like watching any NBC drama. I used to watch totally transfixed, trying to figure out motives and plausible fall out. There was mystery, collusion, thrill, character development. This season was all here-it-is-in-your-face with countless holes. How they turned brilliant and conniving Saul into an unbelievable pathetic mess re: Allison. What, he never had women in his other assignments? Never doing a gun powder test on Allison? Please. Please reboot.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
microfich said:
While I liked the situation and selection of characters in Germany, this season was the worst. Horribly amateurish writing in most episodes. Cliched direction. There were exceptions but most episodes were like watching any NBC drama. I used to watch totally transfixed, trying to figure out motives and plausible fall out. There was mystery, collusion, thrill, character development. This season was all here-it-is-in-your-face with countless holes. How they turned brilliant and conniving Saul into an unbelievable pathetic mess re: Allison. What, he never had women in his other assignments? Never doing a gun powder test on Allison? Please. Please reboot.

The season started out so good. Like as good as any, and totally limped to the finish.pretty bad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom