New Gampel Court Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't hate it. Via Facebook
6479_474137832666041_954924570_n.jpg

Reaction Score
Mid court uconn huskies should be fliped

Press tables will block that. The only people who will see it are the people that will be sitting across from it.

Reaction Score
Zoom in to underneath the hoop. Guess the court is named Alumni Court. Has it always been that?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Zoom in to underneath the hoop. Guess the court is named Alumni Court. Has it always been that?

Yes

Reaction Score
Looks good, but I hope its a work in progress. There is a giant blue and red "A" stain that we need to get rid of.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Press tables will block that. The only people who will see it are the people that will be sitting across from it.

But is this the real template? They already deviated from the picture by putting the name at the top.

Reaction Score
Looks fine. The darker wood shade inside the arc is a nice touch. Just hope the AAC logos won't be around long.

Reaction Score
I think it's absolutely great! We are starting a new era of Husky basketball. I don't know how the AAC will work out. Hopefully very well. I am not convinced at all that the AAC will stand in the way of the program continuing it's long history of success...it's long history of winning championships. I am convinced that this new court is a great way to get things rolling.

GO HUSKIES!!!

uconn-husky.png

Reaction Score
I think it's absolutely great! We are starting a new era of Husky basketball. I don't know how the AAC will work out. Hopefully very well. I am not convinced at all that the AAC will stand in the way of the program continuing it's long history of success...it's long history of winning championships. I am convinced that this new court is a great way to get things rolling.

GO HUSKIES!!!
Sadly, I think you're wrong. The trend, unfortunately has been that championships have been the private domain of the BCS powers going back a quarter of a century now. Oh from time to time a mid-major makes a run, most recently Butler, but those are pretty much short lived one time things where everything breaks just right. And where have they been since? Memphis did a few years ago, but had to cheat to do it. Championships are the exclusive domain of the majors. UConn has been left out of the club. Remember the past fondly and look forward to the days when maybe we can raise a CBI banner or another NIT, because we're not winning NCAA titles any more. Going forward this is a decidedly mid-major conference and anyone who doesn't understand that is just whistling past the graveyard. The typical AAC program doesn't draw flies. Other than Memphis and UConn, no one else draws over 10,000 per game. In fact, other than the top 4, Memphis, UConn, Cincinnati, and Temple, average attendance is about 3800 a game. SMU barely gets 0ver 2000 to its games and I'm told they don't even charge for students. This is a basketball league that nobody cares about even at the schools involved. Houston which waylon and some others are touting as the program of the futrue wouldn't even sell out the old UConn Field House. Face facts Hoops, we're in basketball purgatory at best. At worst, basketball hell. How long do we remain nationally competitive at something more than the level of a Temple, when we have to sell kids on playing half their games in front of empty seats against teams that would regularly get their butts kicked by DePaul? We might be a good mid-major, maybe if things break right we have a good run now and then. But in basketball in particular, your conference is your destiny in many respects.

Reaction Score
Sadly, I think you're wrong. The trend, unfortunately has been that championships have been the private domain of the BCS powers going back a quarter of a century now. Oh from time to time a mid-major makes a run, most recently Butler, but those are pretty much short lived one time things where everything breaks just right. And where have they been since? Memphis did a few years ago, but had to cheat to do it. Championships are the exclusive domain of the majors. UConn has been left out of the club. Remember the past fondly and look forward to the days when maybe we can raise a CBI banner or another NIT, because we're not winning NCAA titles any more. Going forward this is a decidedly mid-major conference and anyone who doesn't understand that is just whistling past the graveyard. The typical AAC program doesn't draw flies. Other than Memphis and UConn, no one else draws over 10,000 per game. In fact, other than the top 4, Memphis, UConn, Cincinnati, and Temple, average attendance is about 3800 a game. SMU barely gets 0ver 2000 to its games and I'm told they don't even charge for students. This is a basketball league that nobody cares about even at the schools involved. Houston which waylon and some others are touting as the program of the futrue wouldn't even sell out the old UConn Field House. Face facts Hoops, we're in basketball purgatory at best. At worst, basketball hell. How long do we remain nationally competitive at something more than the level of a Temple, when we have to sell kids on playing half their games in front of empty seats against teams that would regularly get their butts kicked by DePaul? We might be a good mid-major, maybe if things break right we have a good run now and then. But in basketball in particular, your conference is your destiny in many respects.

O ye of little faith!

Reaction Score

Did you know that feline AIDS is the No. 1 killer of domestic cats?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sadly, I think you're wrong. The trend, unfortunately has been that championships have been the private domain of the BCS powers going back a quarter of a century now.

Not true, but close. The BCS has only existed for 15 years going on 16 years and UConn did not have a Div. 1A football team in 1999, when they won.

The facts in their proper context are as follows:

No Div. 1 school basketball program has won a basketball National Chapionship in 29 years ('Nova-Big East, 1985), while competing in a conference that does not also sponsor Div 1A football.

It is also a fact that no Div. 1 school has won a basketball National Chapionship and does not also sponsor Div 1A football in 15 years (UConn - 1999). These time frames are eerily similar for womens basketball (Old Dominion in the mid 80's).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom