New Freshman walk-on: Autumn Chassion [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Freshman walk-on: Autumn Chassion [merged thread]

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
How does a HS Player from Louisiana end up as a walk-on for UConn? According to articles Autumn had received Scholarship Offers from Other Schools. Apparently, Autumn and her family chose to come to UConn for College with the aspiration that Geno and the Coaching Staff would give her an opportunity to walk-on. An expensive proposition as she's probably paying Out-of-State tuition.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How does a HS Player from Louisiana end up as a walk-on for UConn? According to articles Autumn had received Scholarship Offers from Other Schools. Apparently, Autumn and her family chose to come to UConn for College with the aspiration that Geno and the Coaching Staff would give her an opportunity to walk-on. An expensive proposition as she's probably paying Out-of-State tuition.

She’s a valedictorian. She probably has some kind of academic scholarship. My son got a partial academic scholly to WPI due to his his excellent grades.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If you are a student sitting in class, and you cannot see anything because of the tall girl in front of you, please tell Geno. :)
This year, you as a student would have to be sitting six feet behind the tall girl in front of you, so she would be less likely to be a viewing obstacle.

What about the women's volleyball players who are now looking for a sport to play?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Autumn is clearly destined to be a fan favorite. I have only one wish for her UConn career, that she ties or exceeds Tierney Lawlor, another walk-on, for the all-time record of most wins and best record during her 4 year career (152-2). Lawlor jointly holds that record with Saniya Chong.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Gotta set up shop watching volleyball practice and poach 1 or 2 players.
I guess you really haven’t seen the UConn volleyball team...:rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So are there any walk ons in WCBB that became accomplished (in Basketball) ??

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Did Autumn receive a Preferred Walk-On Offer from UConn?

Since Players just recently came on Campus I suspect that she did and probably why Autumn chose UConn. IF she was a normal walk-on, wouldn't she have had to go to practice before receiving walk-on status? As a Preferred Walk-On, she was guaranteed a roster slot.

I hope this information is still currentl.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She’s a valedictorian. She probably has some kind of academic scholarship. My son got a partial academic scholly to WPI due to his his excellent grades.
I am sure that with her grades, valedictorian, probably good SAT scores, and a support letter or two from the coaching staff, the university found some scholarship to award to her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This is a really nice story about a deserving person with a great smile and academic and athletic skill set at a point in history when inspirational moments are in (too) short supply. Thanks, Autumn - good luck, enjoy the experience, and know that there are probably thousands of fans like me supporting you and cheering for you.

Reaction Score
View attachment 57192

Chassion is the Lady Knights' leader on the floor and stays in the gym working on her game after practice, according to Lady Knights head coach Lexie Taylor.

"She puts in that extra work," Taylor said. "She's always in the gym putting in that extra time outside of practice. She's really grown as a point guard and as a leader for her team. What she brings to the court with her leadership is unquestioned. It's been an honor to coach her."

She is a "Geno" player and sounds like she will be an integral part of the team. These are the types of young ladies Geno brings in to cement the team. They are leaders without the fanfare and one of those one or two people in the group of ten who wind up doing most of the work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom