New DC Candidate Possibilities | Page 16 | The Boneyard

New DC Candidate Possibilities

Reaction Score
You would have to think the same for Holgo but...

That’s why I saw a ton of people in school colors down there this week. Had to be some sort of college sports conference.

Reaction Score
Saw on Twitter yesterday from UCONN COUNTRY that the announcement may not come until next week.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
26-46 in the Big East, in an extremely fertile recruiting area. ... just sayin’

What conference does Rutgers play in? Just say that.

Reaction Score
At this point, I'm far more concerned with the value of entertainment received per dollar spent on Saturday afternoons, than if the Defensive End is passing Geology 134 with a B- or C.

Much of the college experience has long since ceased being about education (academic, anyway), and college athletics has long since ceased being about college.

True... but at least it would be nice if they were scholar-athletes

Reaction Score
Here's my pipedream of a wish that I would happily love to see as our DC... Vernon Hargreaves...
Good to dream, but somehow Vern’s SEC LB coaching salary with Mizzou may trump the DC compensation budget a few to several times. Now, if Vern’s Huskies’ heart strings complemented particularly philanthropic UConn feelings ...

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
A little worried about that myself.

Reaction Score
Our next DC will have the least amount of pressure in the history of CFB. Even with the bare minimum he will improve our defense from what we did last year.

For under-the-radar/underrated position coaches looking for head coaching opportunities, this should be project worth taking.

Reaction Score
Our next DC will have the least amount of pressure in the history of CFB. Even with the bare minimum he will improve our defense from what we did last year.

For under-the-radar/underrated position coaches looking for head coaching opportunities, this should be project worth taking.

Didn't RE last fall suggest that there were players on the team that did not know how to play football? I'm guessing a good portion were under the radar recruits.

So now we're looking for under the radar coaches (i.e those who don't have other offers?)

Sounds like a winner to me........let's get some coaches that may not know how to coach.

Reaction Score
Didn't RE last fall suggest that there were players on the team that did not know how to play football? I'm guessing a good portion were under the radar recruits.

So now we're looking for under the radar coaches (i.e those who don't have other offers?)

Sounds like a winner to me...let's get some coaches that may not know how to coach.

No I'm referring to long time NFL position coaches/coordinators who have not had the opportunity to advance. Like a Bruce Arians type postion coach, someone who was in the NFL for 24 years before getting an opportunity to be a HC (it took the active coach having cancer to see how good he was). There are plenty of guys that are "under-the-radar but are very capable coaches.

Reaction Score

You could hire a monkey throwing darts at a personnel board and playbook and end up with better results.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
You could hire a monkey throwing darts at a personnel board and playbook and end up with better results.
a blind person is a better analogy...
I dunno, the monkey throwing darts is pretty funny. What makes a blind person a better analogy?

I think this topic has run out of juice, can they just announce the new hire so this thread will go away?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I dunno, the monkey throwing darts is pretty funny. What makes a blind person a better analogy?

I think this topic has run out of juice, can they just announce the new hire so this thread will go away?

We are waiting for the blind monkey to throw another dart.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom