New Clingan Video | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New Clingan Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
this kid is class of 2022?????? I thought he was 2021? He is a giant. and the fact that hes only 16 no brainer will be a really good player. Bigs take time. He is way ahead of schedule for 2022.

True 2022 as well. He could potentially do a PG year or reclass. Grown 6 inches since I saw him freshman year easily.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
True 2022 as well. He could potentially do a PG year or reclass. Grown 6 inches since I saw him freshman year easily.
Wait he can play point guard for us as well? That is a kid with a broad range of skills...

(FWIW, I can't see a post grad year given the kid is already has the size to bang at age 16. Agree that he needs to add muscle but he's got two years to that and his frame/body type don't look like one of those kids who can't put on weight.)

Reaction Score
Wait he can play point guard for us as well? That is a kid with a broad range of skills...

(FWIW, I can't see a post grad year given the kid is already has the size to bang at age 16. Agree that he needs to add muscle but he's got two years to that and his frame/body type don't look like one of those kids who can't put on weight.)

I agree. Likely no need for a reclass. Just worth noting that he'll be young even when he does get to college. 2 and done for him would have him coming out the age of most one and dones.

Reaction Score
Is it even possible he's still growing?

He's young for a 2022, so it's certainly possible. He had a huge growth spurt freshman to sophomore year--and has kept growing since. He was probably 6'9 freshman year.

My guess is he doesn't grow much more. Getting in great shape and strong is the next big step imo.

Reaction Score
Measured in officially at 7'2 today. 7'6 wingspan. 9'6 standing reach.

He is already bigger than all but a few NBA centers. I believe his standing reach is longer than everyone but Gobert, Boban, and Tacko.

And Bol Bol & Mo Bamba. And pretty close with Javale. But still. Loinger than Thabeet's.

I wasn't sure he'd have longer than the standard +2" wingspan differential, but that extra 2" is pretty huge. (that's what she said, etc.).

Reaction Score
He's young for a 2022, so it's certainly possible. He had a huge growth spurt freshman to sophomore year--and has kept growing since. He was probably 6'9 freshman year.

My guess is he doesn't grow much more. Getting in great shape and strong is the next big step imo.
He's to the point you almost don't want him to grow much more, another inch in height and another inch or 2 on wingspan would be cool but...

I just looked up Marc Eaton and Clingan's wingspan and reach are the exact same, I'm not sure how that's possible but that's what it says.

Shaq's wingspan is an inch longer and Shaq's standing reach is an inch shorter.

Reaction Score

He's to the point you almost don't want him to grow anymore, another inch in height and another inch or 2 on wingspan would be cool but...

I just looked up Marc Eaton and Clingan's wingspan and reach are the exact same, I'm not sure how that's possible but that's what it says.

Shaq's wingspan in an inch longer and Shaq's standing reach is an inch shorter.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

We cannot lose on this kid, it will be a Diallo level of disappointment. What insane athletic potential, he's got best big in college potential. Give him 2 years hopefully playing better competition, and I can't imagine he isn't starting at center for us in 2022. You know our staff will get him right physically too,

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know our staff will get him right physically too,
Looking at the before and after pictures of the guys, particularly Sanogo, I was thinking the same thing.

Reaction Score
Once he grows into his body..His coordination and foot work will improve.. Two or three years in our Strength Program will almost make him unguardable at the college level.. Not sure if he's the type of kid who is looking for offers from other Programs or not.. Would be nice to wrap up a commitment sooner rather than later so that DH/staff can work on roster construction around him for future years.. Our stable of Bigs will present problems in the BE for a long time....Most of them will have NBA level talent.It's been awhile.. All good..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone who says they don’t want him at UConn is a chode. Kid is a monster.
Right? His size is unreal. He's the kind of player that if he can even be an above average player, you can build a Final Four team around. The only downside with Clingan as a recruit is if he shows up and is able to hit 3s and isn't a dumpster fire on defense, he's a lottery pick after his freshman year. Good problem to have though.

Reaction Score
samson has the same wingspan if his measurements were accurate even tho he's 4" shorter than clingan. nosepicker would love two guys with 7.5' wingspans in his zone. too bad.

F

FanMan

16, this big and I don't care who's guarding him there (although the kid had some size 6'4-6'5 and athletic) thats a 2 dribble move and a slam by a big boy. Athletic move, impressive. Hope DH is smarter than a couple guys here LOL
Actually, 90% of the talent at this camp play Nepsac, private or some other prep or private. That kid he banged on was 6ft 9 and goes to a prep school. So, apparently, even when he DOES play against "better competition" it still isn't good enough. Also, there was a 7 footer from New York there that was guarding Donovan and got hurt during play. I spoke to his dad last night and he told me it was a pretty good camp and filled me in on alot of the action. Lot's of size. This camp was for small forwards to bigs so there were no guards here. Kid is 16......16! Lol, many of you have seen that he is staying at Bristol Central and have commented about how he MUST play against better competition. Guess what, he isnt going anywhere. We have all seen the articles in ESPN and the Courant. I think we need to get past that and just stop hitting that dead horse with that stick. Alot of our fans are good with it, but for some reason, there are those that just can't get past it. Not for nothing, I have seen consistent improvement in his game and I believe he is more than good enough to be a Husky. But I guess there is no pleasing everybody.

Reaction Score
Actually, 90% of the talent at this camp play Nepsac, private or some other prep or private. That kid he banged on was 6ft 9 and goes to a prep school. So, apparently, even when he DOES play against "better competition" it still isn't good enough. Also, there was a 7 footer from New York there that was guarding Donovan and got hurt during play. I spoke to his dad last night and he told me it was a pretty good camp and filled me in on alot of the action. Lot's of size. This camp was for small forwards to bigs so there were no guards here. Kid is 16......16! Lol, many of you have seen that he is staying at Bristol Central and have commented about how he MUST play against better competition. Guess what, he isnt going anywhere. We have all seen the articles in ESPN and the Courant. I think we need to get past that and just stop hitting that dead horse with that stick. Alot of our fans are good with it, but for some reason, there are those that just can't get past it. Not for nothing, I have seen consistent improvement in his game and I believe he is more than good enough to be a Husky. But I guess there is no pleasing everybody.
It's basically one person, kid is awesome and a really great kid from everything I've heard. 2 seasons at Bristol Central and then less than an hour away to represent his state U. Sounds like a plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom