New Clingan Video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Clingan Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You say tough to judge him then, judge him, and then finish up with he isn't playing top competition. Let's call a spade a spade here. Other than him being a legit 7 2 and seemingly can put on strength, there is nothing to take from really any of his tape that exists currently.

No one has any idea how he is going to perform until he plays people his size or people who are more talented than him. The thing going for him is his weight, he wasn't sprinting up and down the floor in those clips so no idea what type of shape he is in. As I said in a previous thread, he could turn into an all american but it's going to be hard playing Farmington Public...

Some people need EYBL stats to know if a player is good, some people don't (Dan Hurley and others)

For someone who admits they don't know how good he is due to his level of competition, maybe it's time to defer to those who are clearly better than you at scouting and just accept your limitations.

Reaction Score
You say tough to judge him then, judge him, and then finish up with he isn't playing top competition. Let's call a spade a spade here. Other than him being a legit 7 2 and seemingly can put on strength, there is nothing to take from really any of his tape that exists currently.

No one has any idea how he is going to perform until he plays people his size or people who are more talented than him. The thing going for him is his weight, he wasn't sprinting up and down the floor in those clips so no idea what type of shape he is in. As I said in a previous thread, he could turn into an all american but it's going to be hard playing Farmington Public...
He had a couple follow ups on breaks... I'd like to see him elevate more and dunk everything close.

Reaction Score
Sure he looks like Shaq in the video, but its good to see he doesn't look like a scrub or even ordinary. He could be Carlton or Thabeet like, nonetheless I'd like 4 years to closely evaluate him, and appreciate him. Looks better than Olander already.

The one take away is that you don't want any opponent to get this recruit.

Anyway size matters.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I like him in this video more than the previous one obviously. I'll agree with Polycom's comment on wanting to see more vs players close to his size which will only happen in AAU most likely. I've seen guys in high school who put up numbers simply because they could miss, get their own rebound, miss, get their own rebound, miss, get their own rebound, etc because they were 6'9" and no one else on the court was taller than 6'4". He's only going to get better and all of this commentary aside, I'll take Hurley's assessment over anyone's. Hopefully he and his family see that UConn basketball is back on the map and the future is incredibly bright here.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
A lot of current players who destroyed in game threads read the board that hasn’t stopped anyone from being critical and it shouldn’t.

Absolutely agree that he is still coming into his size etc. My only real criticism is he needs to play the best talent he can find because especially for a big he can rely on his height for so long that it stunt his basketball development. I’m not saying that’s happening to him or going to happen to him but the competition he plays is abysmal compared to where he is trying to go.
Is that what you've been saying?
Really?
Maybe I misread between the lines :cool:Head bang

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Love DCling. Would really like to see him against some better competition though. This public league and hoop group competition just isn’t going to cut it. For example he tends to bring the ball down too much. He won’t fix this unless he plays against kids who will take advantage of it.

Reaction Score
That kid guarding him is big and strong. At 7’2” DC makes 6’8” look pretty short.

AAU isn’t that much better than big, public school ball. I’ve watched a lot of both and Donovan would do just fine in AAU if can he do that against good public competition. He isn’t just ok, he’s dominating out there.

Reaction Score
These threads are so stupid, a lot of people who don't know what 7'1 16 year olds look like.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Im no expert but a 7`2 260lb 16 year old with that level of coordination and strength is pretty impressive. He could be an absolute monster in two years.

This.

Someone somewhere complained that he’s not playing against kids his size.

Well, exactly...there are no kids his size which is why we want him.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
People that are complaining about possibly getting this beast are the same ones that were complaining about recruiting two months ago. Just want something to complain about.

Reaction Score
Any criticism of him is pretty immature. He hasn’t begun his junior year yet for crying out loud. I do know people in his inner circle. UConn is in the mix, but is not a ‘slam-dunk’. If we don’t get him, it will not be for lack of effort from Hurley & staff.

Reaction Score
How many better 7'2" kids are out there? Local kid who can become legendary and all some can do is criticize? Note to them: I may not be 7'2" but you are small, very small.

Reaction Score
Donovan Voskuhl is looking good! Reminds me a lot of JV and I know a good amount will say "with a higher ceiling". I think that's fair but lock him in as a 2 inch taller JV, JV2.0, I'd take that all day for this team it would work wonders.

Reaction Score
Donovan Voskuhl is looking good! Reminds me a lot of JV and I know a good amount will say "with a higher ceiling". I think that's fair but lock him in as a 2 inch taller JV, JV2.0, I'd take that all day for this team it would work wonders.
Doesn't have Jake's hair, but if I remember correctly, Jake doesn't have Jake's hair anymore!

Reaction Score
You've gotta take him on the upside alone.

The way Hurley's been recruiting, we're not putting all our eggs in one basket anyway. If he's a bust, we have two other guys at his position who can carry the load. We have 13 scholarships, there is no risk here.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
A lot of current players who destroyed in game threads read the board that hasn’t stopped anyone from being critical and it shouldn’t.

Absolutely agree that he is still coming into his size etc. My only real criticism is he needs to play the best talent he can find because especially for a big he can rely on his height for so long that it stunt his basketball development. I’m not saying that’s happening to him or going to happen to him but the competition he plays is abysmal compared to where he is trying to go.
Its settled. The BY will put him on a bus and send him down to Oak Hill. Next agenda item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom