New Bowl Projection | Page 16 | The Boneyard

New Bowl Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agree - first one missed for me. Is what it is - no sense whining.

The only reason why we're in a bowl is because there are tons of bowls serving little purpose other than providing TV with a game in crappy time slots. So we are in one. Chill.

I won't be there -- one way or another I will buy tickets and donate tickets. If it's important enough for you to go to, take the last flight out from some northeast airport on Xmas to Orlando, Tampa or Sarasota. Any of them will easily get you to the field on time. If it's not that important, don't go, donate tickets if you can and enjoy watching.

But could we please stop whining on the player's parade? They've earned being happy about wherever then end up without having to drown in negativity.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Eh, I have no worries with it. I'd rather play a kind of crappy team in Marshall and have a good shot at a win

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I was hoping to make bowl game and can't get to this one. But for me, the real importance of the bowl game was to get the extra practices, reward seniors, get to a bowl location where we can do some recruiting and get us back towards BIGger and better days. I can live with not going. I'll buy and donate instead.

Spot on. I would have loved to have gone but 11am day after Xmas is a hard line no from the wife and family. I plan on donating a slew of tickets through the school once on sale. The silver lining is now I can isolate myself from the in-laws for 3+ hours to watch this game. Kids will have to be on their A+ behavior to watch it with Uncle Dooley or they are banned from my TV room.

Most importantly, the bowl falls a week further into bowl season so we are able to get some extra practices out of this. 2016 looks VERY promising.

Reaction Score
Eh, I have no worries with it. I'd rather play a kind of crappy team in Marshall and have a good shot at a win

I think this will be a fairly even game at first glance. Marshall's 9-3 with their best win at home vs. Purdue.

Just glad we're bowling like others have said. It's been a while.

Reaction Score
The previous Pinstripe Bowls all had other northeast teams involved (Syracuse, Rutgers, BCU) along with Penn St. and Notre Dame for the last two.

Can't wait to see what attendance numbers are for this one.

Reaction Score
Good Lord. There couldn't be a worse game for New Yorkers than this one. This game would draw more interest if it was played in MSG than Yankee Stadium.

Let's hope that's the case. An underwhelming buzz and attendance for this game might help convince the ACC and B1G that their presence in the area isn't sufficient.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The early start time will hurt my viewing. I'll be in the car headed to the in-laws for Christmas. 1st half probably in the radio.
My wife reminded me of this as we're slated to head down to NJ to see my family that morning. By 11 we'll likely be crossing the Tapenzee and that's about out of the range of 1080. I've been able to stretch getting it until down 684. Sucks but I'm stoked we made any bowl!

Reaction Score
My wife reminded me of this as we're slated to head down to NJ to see my family that morning. By 11 we'll likely be crossing the Tapenzee and that's about out of the range of 1080. I've been able to stretch getting it until down 684. Sucks but I'm stoked we made any bowl!
Sign up for a free 7 day trial of SiriusXM, download the app, plug your iPhone/mobile into the car sound system. Problem solved.

Reaction Score
Sign up for a free 7 day trial of SiriusXM, download the app, plug your iPhone/mobile into the car sound system. Problem solved.

Leave ealier, get near your destintion before 11 and hang out with the kids at a Hooters or Tilted Kilt until your invitation kicks in. Problem also solved, but better.

Reaction Score
Heading up to Kent. Wonder if 1080 is heard up there. Never tried.

Reaction Score
Mots010 said:
So does Uconn get paid in bitcoins for this bowl?
No longer the Bitcoin bowl. They only sponsored it last year.

Reaction Score
Jarhead_1775 said:
No longer the Bitcoin bowl. They only sponsored it last year.

Must have been and old result in the Google search. Oh well!

Reaction Score
I don't care if we were playing polar bears at the North Pole at midnight, as long as it's on TV. This is a "thank you God, we're playing in a bowl" year and have no reason to complain.

Next year we can feel more entitled, but not this year. :rolleyes:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Heading up to Kent. Wonder if 1080 is heard up there. Never tried.

Download TuneIn app on your smart phone (if you have one) and go to Huskies IMG network. Then you can listen to the game from wherever.

Reaction Score
Why can't they just announce the bowl games and then they can analyze the bowls, and CFP all they want.

Reaction Score
Scoe said:
Why can't they just announce the bowl games and then they can analyze the bowls, and CFP all they want.
Cause we are still watching

Reaction Score
Download TuneIn app on your smart phone (if you have one) and go to Huskies IMG network. Then you can listen to the game from wherever.
Just to refine that a bit...if you use "UConn IMG Sports Network", it will eliminate all the "other" schools networks using a Husky as their mascot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom