New Bowl Projection | Page 14 | The Boneyard

New Bowl Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A bowl in the 27th biggest city in Florida, in its 2nd year, against a G5 directional school that is sneakily good and that we'll probably lose to? No thanks.

Florida city populations are a bit deceiving since significant portions of population live outside city boundaries but live in the metro area. Boca Raton has about 200K people and is right in the middle of the Miami-Lauderdale-West Palm Beach metro area. And that's an almost 5.5M+ MSA.

The rest of it though I can't disagree with. I can't get too excited about the opponent or the cache. I'm taking a big picture approach that at least the team is getting mentioned during bowl season, we have a coach and a lot of returning talent.

The program has stability and is trending up. It's been a few years since that could be said.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Me neither. Other than Hawaii, this was the worst possible spot for me. I had Boca, Cure and even Pinstripe locked in with the wife.

Buy and donating tickets now.

Reaction Score
@eddaigneault:
Barring the Earth tilting off its axis, UConn is headed to St. Pete for its bowl game.

Reaction Score
@eddaigneault:
Barring the Earth tilting off its axis, UConn is headed to St. Pete for its bowl game.
Crap. I will be home for Christmas to surprise mom for the first time in 4 years.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
11 AM on the morning after xmas will be a tough, tough sell.
I have approval from the wife to go to our bowl game but this date is a no-go. If the game was even at 3pm I'd chance the early morning flight. But 11am with a 3 hour+ morning flight? It's cutting things way too close. I'm going to check and see if there is a christmas night redeye, I'm guessing no.

Reaction Score
It's only about 20 minutes from the airport to the Trop if that helps. Straight shot.

You will want to drink Cigar City Brewing beers while here.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Flights are as expensive as possible with very few good times to fly. JetBlue has a flight leaving BDL to Tampa at like 3:20 priced to the moon... Just very tough to sell on my kids first Christmas.

Reaction Score
For late Xmas day options, not much from bdl or pvd, but looks like both Bos and jfk have 9-10pm jet blue to tpa flights

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I can't fly from Serbia to the game, but fly constantly for my job. If you need a quick rundown of flights from one place to another try kvikr.com. It is my go to site when I need to find flights from Podgorica to Sarajevo or Libreville to Brazzaville.

Reaction Score
I have approval from the wife to go to our bowl game but this date is a no-go. If the game was even at 3pm I'd chance the early morning flight. But 11am with a 3 hour+ morning flight? It's cutting things way too close. I'm going to check and see if there is a christmas night redeye, I'm guessing no.

No red eyes to FL. They usually fly from the west coast heading east.

If it's St. Pete, gonna be a rough sell to get a good crowd. Day after Christmas is brutal.

Reaction Score
I'm so pissed because I pretty much could have swung any other game. And perhaps I could swing this game, but the flights are gonna be through the roof!

And I can't help but thing how absolutely sh!tty this is for the families of those in the UCMB. :/

Reaction Score
NHUConnfan said:
I'm so pissed because I pretty much could have swung any other game. And perhaps I could swing this game, but the flights are gonna be through the roof! And I can't help but thing how absolutely sh!tty this is for the families of those in the UCMB. :/

Does the band travel for the game?

I know I'm a contrarian on this. But my kids are teenagers now. We have traveled a bunch around the holidays and have had "Christmas" early or late with grandparents etc. Once you are past being wedded to Santa and presents under the tree, being constrained against travel because "we have had dinner at 3pm for the past 30 years" just doesn't make sense to me.

The expense thing is very real around the holidays in Florida. Usually have to rely on points / FFM to bring down the expense.

Reaction Score
If the flights were cheaper....i started checking two weeks ago and they have been sky high. I used to be cheap flying the day after Christmas.

Reaction Score
This prediction is still out there:

Cure Bowl

Schlabach: UConn vs. Northern Illinois

Reaction Score
It's a bummer if it's the St. Pete Bowl. No way I would be able to make that with a 11am start.

Fingers crossed things change and the Cure or Boca Raton swoop in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom