ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
1. 90s Husky
2. Current Husky

1. Throwback unis from this year "Connecticut" across the chest
2. 06 Throwbacks unis "Connecticut" across the chest

Reaction Score
At the risk of starting something, I find it interesting that so many folks on here have such strong opinions about the new logo because the old one had 'national recognition', but would rather see a uniform with 'Connecticut' than 'UConn' (and I love the throwback Connecticut jerseys).

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
At the risk of starting something, I find it interesting that so many folks on here have such strong opinions about the new logo because the old one had 'national recognition', but would rather see a uniform with 'Connecticut' than 'UConn' (and I love the throwback Connecticut jerseys).

I'm not sure I follow the connection - you think the name of a state has less recognition than a nickname of a university? They only stopped putting Connecticut on the jerseys in like 2011 too.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I follow the connection - you think the name of a state has less recognition than a nickname of a university? They only stopped putting Connecticut on the jerseys in like 2011 too.
From a basketball and university standpoint, yes 100% people know UConn more than Connecticut.

Reaction Score
From a basketball and university standpoint, yes 100% people know UConn more than Connecticut.
This is how it was for me going to UConn from out of state, nobody recognized University of Connecticut but knew once I said UConn. Except for my grandmother who thought I was going to college in Alaska for the first year and a half.

Reaction Score
This is how it was for me going to UConn from out of state, nobody recognized University of Connecticut but knew once I said UConn. Except for my grandmother who thought I was going to college in Alaska for the first year and a half.
Yeah, feels like an uncontroversial stance but this is the Boneyard...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Spring break people thought we'd driven down from Alaska when we said we were from UConn. Of course they were pretty drunk at time.

Reaction Score
To be fair, it’s hypocritical of me to give my take when I’m a white husky (samoyed) guy.

My apologies. You may revisit your adult discussion complaining over jersey colors.
My apologies to you... I thought you were a "whatever the new kids want" guy. We have traditions, and championship banners, and school colors, and a mascot. I get the idea that some people want to keep changing things (Nike), but I hate being one of their sheep.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yeah, feels like an uncontroversial stance but this is the Boneyard...

I don't think it's really controversial, but I'm not entirely sure how what is spelled out on the uniform really matters as it pertains to "brand".

We wore Connecticut on the uniforms for decades and people managed to figure out we are UConn.

Reaction Score
Hottake: the white “Connecticut” retro looking jerseys should be the primary home uniform and navy blue “UConn” on the road as the primary away jersey

CL82

Reaction Score
Hottake: the white “Connecticut” retro looking jerseys should be the primary home uniform and navy blue “UConn” on the road as the primary away jersey
Yep although maybe reverse it with Connecticut on the road unis.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's really controversial, but I'm not entirely sure how what is spelled out on the uniform really matters as it pertains to "brand".

We wore Connecticut on the uniforms for decades and people managed to figure out we are UConn.
But the difference is that the university as a whole had never adopted UConn as a brand at that time when Connecticut was on the jerseys. That was a recent change in 2013 along with the new logo

Reaction Score

Sort of my point...

CL82

Reaction Score
But the difference is that the university as a whole had never adopted UConn as a brand at that time when Connecticut was on the jerseys. That was a recent change in 2013 along with the new logo
I think the idea of having a unified and readily identifiable look across all teams was a good one. There were some questionable implementations of that good idea though. And as with many "plans" much of it's underpinnings were abandoned.

CL82

Reaction Score
I have fond memories of the University of UConn playing Georgia Tech University in the 2004 championship game
Haha I remember that. I thought that was the woman's championship trophy presentation, though.

Reaction Score
I think the idea of having a unified and readily identifiable look across all teams was a good one. There were some questionable implementations of that good idea though. And as with many "plans" much of it's underpinnings were abandoned.
LOL! I agree that the concept was a sound one. Of course it was abandoned almost immediately when they decided that baseball would keep its traditional C. Then Nike undermined it because they wanted to gin up some weird uniform for all the national champs ( well all the ones who wore Nike) in grey and orangey pink of all things. Now hockey has this tie dyed look in blue red and grey too. And the block C for football.

National flag blue (Pantone 282 maybe but I have also seen darker referenced) and white. Those should be the colors. Not grey, not yellow, not Red or black. UConn or Connecticut or both. Script HUSKIES on the home baseball uniforms.

And the Huskies should be white as it was for 75 years before Nike decided to change it “for free”.

Reaction Score
LOL! I agree that the concept was a sound one. Of course it was abandoned almost immediately when they decided that baseball would keep its traditional C. Then Nike undermined it because they wanted to gin up some weird uniform for all the national champs ( well all the ones who wore Nike) in grey and orangey pink of all things. Now hockey has this tie dyed look in blue red and grey too. And the block C for football.

National flag blue (Pantone 282 maybe but I have also seen darker referenced) and white. Those should be the colors. Not grey, not yellow, not Red or black. UConn or Connecticut or both. Script HUSKIES on the home baseball uniforms.

And the Huskies should be white as it was for 75 years before Nike decided to change it “for free”

And the Huskies should be white as it was for 75 years before Nike decided to change it “for free”.

Get rid of all drawings of the dog and make everything script Huskies or script UConn

Reaction Score
Get rid of all drawings of the dog and make everything script Huskies or script UConn
I like the script thing however we still should have our mascot somewhere on the uniform.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom