New Big East Deal Could Be Worth As Little As $60 Million A Year | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New Big East Deal Could Be Worth As Little As $60 Million A Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The thing at frustrates me the most out of this place, is the absurd and ignorant optimism. Memphis is not UConn, it's not even a Cincy. Schools got better in the Big East because the Big East was truly a step up.

It's not that big of a step up, and the schools we are getting to now are not as well off as Louisville and Cincy were to begin with.

SDSU and Boise, I doubt they will ever play a down in this conference. UCF could do something, ECU definitely could, but that's probably it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is true until it isn't. San Jose State can and should be a mid-major powerhouse. It is located in one of the most important areas of the country economically, culturally and technologically. While Stanford is about 20 miles away and Cal is not that much further, that is a huge region of the country and Stanford and Cal's distinctive cultures don't exactly appeal to a very broad population, as evidenced by the dismal attendance at the UCLA/Stanford Pac 12 title game.

I agree with your points about state schools. This is the argument I always make about UMass. If UMass was brought into any semi-credible conference, its appeal in Massachusetts would dwarf that of BCU.

Abe (new avatar), it won't happen at that school. Half the students are recent immigrants who don't care about college sports at all. The rest grew up in the Bay Area and are already Cal or Stanford fans before they go to SJSU. They pull for the team while they are there, but not really after. I think SDSU and Fresno have better prospects, due to isolation from other Pac 12 schools, and different student bodies. And both have been more successful as well.

Reaction Score
San Jose State people are like Memphis people. They are all fans of something else other than their schools.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The thing at frustrates me the most out of this place, is the absurd and ignorant optimism. Memphis is not UConn, it's not even a Cincy.

Translation: Happy people piss you off.

By the way, I have yet to see even the most staunch supporter of the NBE defend the Memphis acquisition. I think it was so remarkably bad that even the world's biggest optimist would say, "Yeah, that was f#$ked up..."

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Not happy people- blindly optimistic people who have no sense of reality.

Translation: Happy people who don't think like you piss you off.

Thanks for the correction! :)

Reaction Score
Translation: Happy people piss you off.

By the way, I have yet to see even the most staunch supporter of the NBE defend the Memphis acquisition. I think it was so remarkably bad that even the world's biggest optimist would say, "Yeah, that was f#$ked up..."

That's because we shut them up months ago.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
That's because we shut them up months ago.

Did you really have to shut someone up on Memphis? Really??? I'd love to know who, just for posterity's sake. It would mean that I am actually NOT the most optimistic person on the board, in which case, I'll have to start working harder...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Translation: Happy people who don't think like you piss you off.

Thanks for the correction! :)

Good to see Nelson isn't the only one who can continually directly misrepresent something. They are saying what they are saying it doesn't need translation.

At least you aren't negative. Nelson is constantly negative but yet complains about negativity.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Good to see Nelson isn't the only one who can continually directly misrepresent something. They are saying what they are saying it doesn't need translation.

At least you aren't negative. Nelson is constantly negative but yet complains about negativity.

The translations are not misrepresentations, unfortunately. But thanks for the compliment on positivity (seriously). That's how I want to come off when I'm posting, because I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy, even when it's a quarter full. I didn't turn the tv off when we were down by one and Scottie Burrell was ready to inbounds from the baseline...

Reaction Score
Did you really have to shut someone up on Memphis? Really??? I'd love to know who, just for posterity's sake. It would mean that I am actually NOT the most optimistic person on the board, in which case, I'll have to start working harder...

Memphis has enjoyed a cadre of supporters here over the years. Mostly by people who know nothing about Memphis.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Memphis has enjoyed a cadre of supporters here over the years. Mostly by people who know nothing about Memphis.

So you're saying that you know what Rick Pitino's Boneyard handle is, then? Sweet... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom