New additions/update to 2024 Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New additions/update to 2024 Schedule

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
And when did we beat a P4 team before BC?
Virginia in 2016. We have won about 2 out of 12 (1 out of 6). That's all you need to win if you go 4-1 against the G5 and 1-0 against the FCS team.

Reaction Score
I may be alone here but I would see of Temple would be willing to swap the home/road game(s) of this series.

A) I have a strong suspicion that an additional home game this season will lead to a season not far down the road where to avoid having only five home games we will need to schedule two FCS games.

B) I think we will be far better served (attendance wise) a couple years from now so pushing that game forward could mean an additional 10k-12k fans on attendance.

For the record I believe Temple should be on our schedule most seasons.
I agree on Temple. Really it makes sense for us to include Temple, BC, Syracuse, UMass, Rutgers and Buffalo as often as possible. I would include Delaware too given their upgrade. UD is an hour from Philly. All relatively local. We have some history with them. None are unbeatable in a good year for us though BC Rutgers and Syracuse will be a huge stretch most seasons. I would hope to play UMass and 2-3 of the others most years.

Reaction Score
Virginia in 2016. We have won about 2 out of 12 (1 out of 6). That's all you need to win if you go 4-1 against the G5 and 1-0 against the FCS team.
Not if you only win 1 every 6 years. Even 2 every 3 means lots of no bowl seasons. My goal is to be in the conversation for a playoff spot even if you fail to land it. 10-2 gets you there. I want the Sports Center guys to be saying “What about the Huskies? If UConn beats Ol’ Miss next week, do they deserve consideration at 11-0? I assume they beat UMass the following week”. 6-6 gets you the Myrtle Beach Bowl. Maybe a mention the day of the game.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Not if you only win 1 every 6 years. Even 2 every 3 means lots of no bowl seasons. My goal is to be in the conversation for a playoff spot even if you fail to land it. 10-2 gets you there. I want the Sports Center guys to be saying “What about the Huskies? If UConn beats Ol’ Miss next week, do they deserve consideration at 11-0? I assume they beat UMass the following week”. 6-6 gets you the Myrtle Beach Bowl. Maybe a mention the day of the game.
We only averaged 1-2 P5 games in the AAC. It's not the years, it's the number of games. If we win 1 out of 6 P4 games and play 6 every year, that is one win per year. Couple that with 4/5 G5 wins and an FCS win, and that is six wins. I would much rather go 6-6 as an indy playing a quasi-P4 schedule on linear TV than going 7-5 or 8-4 in the MAC playing 2 P4 games a year with most games on ESPN+ and games on Tuesday and Wednesday night, and most of the fanbase agrees with me. 10-2 in the MAC won't even sniff the playoff conversation. The only reason Liberty even got the access bid was because every other G5 winner had at least two losses. An undefeated MAC or CUSA has a less than 20% chance of sniffing the playoff.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Congrats to AD Dave for rescuing what was an abysmal home slate. After this seasons performance, getting 12-15k a game would be rough with the previous slate. At least we get Syracuse at home and not neutral.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I may be alone here but I would see of Temple would be willing to swap the home/road game(s) of this series.
Until the AAC sets Army's schedule for next year, I think both Temple and UConn's hands are tied. I'm thinking we'll lose Army. And Temple would only have one OOC away game unless they play Army in West Point, so they'd be looking at seven home games if they switched - although that may not be an issue for them.

Reaction Score
Until the AAC sets Army's schedule for next year, I think both Temple and UConn's hands are tied. I'm thinking we'll lose Army. And Temple would only have one OOC away game unless they play Army in West Point, so they'd be looking at seven home games if they switched - although that may not be an issue for them.
Army's schedule is set for 2024.

Reaction Score
We only averaged 1-2 P5 games in the AAC. It's not the years, it's the number of games. If we win 1 out of 6 P4 games and play 6 every year, that is one win per year. Couple that with 4/5 G5 wins and an FCS win, and that is six wins. I would much rather go 6-6 as an indy playing a quasi-P4 schedule on linear TV than going 7-5 or 8-4 in the MAC playing 2 P4 games a year with most games on ESPN+ and games on Tuesday and Wednesday night, and most of the fanbase agrees with me. 10-2 in the MAC won't even sniff the playoff conversation. The only reason Liberty even got the access bid was because every other G5 winner had at least two losses. An undefeated MAC or CUSA has a less than 20% chance of sniffing the playoff.
We went 6 years between wins. We lost to such powers as Vanderbilt, BC and Virginia and most were absolute beatings. We are 1-9 since our first Indy season. Outscored 268-110. We are not a P4 level team. Could we occasionally put a team out there that can compete with a lower level P4? Sure. So assuming we will go 1-5 EVERY year, our actual experience is 0-3, 1-3, 0-4, in our Indy run is quite the stretch. 4 is the absolute max we should be playing. 2 is more reasonable. And I like we are starting to stay away from the Michigans and Tennessees of the world. I’m ok with an occasional game against a big name team, especially if we can get a home-home like the ol Miss game, but I wouldn’t do it every year. I’d rather play teams we have a shot against. No value in being everyone’s homecoming opponent!

Reaction Score
Congrats to AD Dave for rescuing what was an abysmal home slate. After this seasons performance, getting 12-15k a game would be rough with the previous slate. At least we get Syracuse at home and not neutral.
I still don't get how people can think AD Dave is not a top AD. He saved the basketball programs, made several good to very good Indy schedules, got a legitimate coach to come to a 1-11 program, has gone head first into fundraising and NIL.

Only real blemishes is the Ollie lawsuit, keeping Ray Reid two years too long and the Field Hockey succession.

Reaction Score
not gonna happen with Charlton and an undivided attention DC
I was kidding about the wins..., but I think there are another 40-50 reasons to add to your list to explain why we won't be winning 10 games any time soon.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
We went 6 years between wins. We lost to such powers as Vanderbilt, BC and Virginia and most were absolute beatings. We are 1-9 since our first Indy season. Outscored 268-110. We are not a P4 level team. Could we occasionally put a team out there that can compete with a lower level P4? Sure. So assuming we will go 1-5 EVERY year, our actual experience is 0-3, 1-3, 0-4, in our Indy run is quite the stretch. 4 is the absolute max we should be playing. 2 is more reasonable. And I like we are starting to stay away from the Michigans and Tennessees of the world. I’m ok with an occasional game against a big name team, especially if we can get a home-home like the ol Miss game, but I wouldn’t do it every year. I’d rather play teams we have a shot against. No value in being everyone’s homecoming opponent!
No value in playing a glorified D2 schedule.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That home schedule is pretty rough from a "sell tickets" standpoint. I believe we can be successful against that slate, but your only option to sell more tickets is to try to really push a 3-pack that includes Syracuse since we still hate them. Everything else will be tough to sell, I think, unless our record starts to get real good...

Reaction Score
That home schedule is pretty rough from a "sell tickets" standpoint. I believe we can be successful against that slate, but your only option to sell more tickets is to try to really push a 3-pack that includes Syracuse since we still hate them. Everything else will be tough to sell, I think, unless our record starts to get real good...
I think the strategy has to just be “win games” at this point. Nobody wants to come see us lose every game. Would rather go watch us beat Temple by 20 than lose to Duke by 30.

Reaction Score
1702705669856.png

Reaction Score
Tell that to James Madison.
They play a schedule that more closely aligns with their football budget, congrats. You are suggesting we need to play schools with less than half our football budget to be successful. 3-9 this year was not expected by just about everybody. Unlike in years past. If you think you need double the resources to beat up on the FIUs of the football world then things are very very wrong. Oh, and Joly didn't seem to be impressed with your backwards thinking Yankee Conference notion of a rivalry game with UMass in their 17k stadium that is as it was since you were in school 50 years ago..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom