New additions/update to 2024 Schedule | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New additions/update to 2024 Schedule

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
TV guesses:
WFSB: Merrimack
CBS Sports Network: Syracuse, FAU, Rice, Georgia State, Temple, Buffalo
ACC Network: Duke, Wake
Peacock: Maryland
ESPN+: UMass, UAB
Why would Maryland be on Peacock?

Reaction Score
Perhaps Syracuse can develop a rivalry with anybody in anything other than Colgate and Cornell in basketball? You travel for those Greg?
Serious question: who does Syracuse consider their main rival in the ACC for fb and bb?

Reaction Score
Serious question: who does Syracuse consider their main rival in the ACC for fb and bb?
IDK. Scheduling in football end of year and rivalry week is mixed. Not sure in MBB. Seem to play Colgate, Cornell, Georgetown before ACC schedule. Maybe other schools upstate like Niagra or Canisius.

Reaction Score
Prospective future scheduling, potential game in a great college town:

AD David Benedict’s ex-2nd in command in Storrs, Beth Goetz, soars from Iowa interim AD to top Hawkeye.

Connecticut alum and past football captain, Kirk Ferentz ‘78

Toss in a couple men’s hoops and women’s basketball games, and push for a H & A gridiron contract. Plenty of Iowa alumni in the City, tri-state area, metro Boston.

Reaction Score
Prospective future scheduling, potential game in a great college town:

AD David Benedict’s ex-2nd in command in Storrs, Beth Goetz, soars from Iowa interim AD to top Hawkeye.

Connecticut alum and past football captain, Kirk Ferentz ‘78

Toss in a couple men’s hoops and women’s basketball games, and push for a H & A gridiron contract. Plenty of Iowa alumni in the City, tri-state area, metro Boston.
Heck, if Paige Bueckers and Caitlyn Clark are both back next year do a single season Home and Home

Reaction Score
The ACC will have its full schedule out by Wednesday evening. They're doing a schedule release show at 5 pm on ACCN. Hopefully that will help us know the specifics about the Cuse game.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see one of the first three home FBS games on a Friday night. We've played one weekday night game in all 3 years under CBS Sports (MTSU, UMass, NC State), so hopefully that continues. The Buffalo or Temple games might have some extra juice behind them in primetime since they're regional opponents (especially Temple).

I also love having a bye week before Wake and Cuse. Before they play us, Wake has to host Clemson and Cuse has to go all the way to Cal.

Reaction Score
I like the 6 in a row at home against beatable teams. Get on a nice roll, give the fans at the rent somethi by to get hyped about.
Have to agree to disagree here. Hate home back to back games as it disrupts home obligations and six in a row will cost a lot of fans to not attend, this along with a mild schedule. Our season tickets (I have them) is at all time lows and walk ups only attend games vs big competition.
Again no attack but one would love to know how one has already determined the six in a row beatable. Of course any team is but after last season and the portal being what it is. What might be the key here? Is this an old magic 8 ball thing? :)

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
not crazy about 2 and a half road games at the end of the season buttt this is SOOO favorable, 4 P5s in a sort of rebuild, 7 home games, should be exciting

Reaction Score
Have to agree to disagree here. Hate home back to back games as it disrupts home obligations and six in a row will cost a lot of fans to not attend, this along with a mild schedule. Our season tickets (I have them) is at all time lows and walk ups only attend games vs big competition.
Again no attack but one would love to know how one has already determined the six in a row beatable. Of course any team is but after last season and the portal being what it is. What might be the key here? Is this an old magic 8 ball thing? :)
It isn’t ideal but nothing to be done about it. Win games and people will come.

Also we have no idea how good UConn will be in 24 but I think it’s a good assumption they’ll be much better than 23. Maybe a lot better. So those six at home really should be winnable.

Reaction Score
I like the schedule for where we're at. The road games are mostly close by and six home in a row should lead to a solid stretch of performances to help inject some confidence into the program

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom