New additions/update to 2024 Schedule | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New additions/update to 2024 Schedule

Reaction Score
The 2028 game still stands according to uconnhuskies.com. 23/28 is one home and home and 24/25 is simply another home and home. Also, it’s unknown if the 2025 schedule is complete because we don’t know what Army is going to do with our game that year.
Wait. UConn itself states the '28 game has been moved and you care what a schedule posted well earlier that they haven't gotten around to changing yet says? Why?

Reaction Score
And when did we beat a P4 team before BC?

Somehow your less concerned about barely beating and losing to FCS teams. Like we shouldn't be better than that. Your search for the bottom in order to succeed is never ending. You and others make a great Limbo Dancers.
We beat Virginia in Diaco’s bowl year. Then went 6 years before another win.

I absolutely have been ticked about losing to FCS teams or even having close games with them. We should never, ever lose to Holy Cross or Towson or Villanova or URI. On the other hand, since the end of the Big East we have won 2 P4 games and lost something like 12. Most by lopsided scores. We have lost to power teams like Michigan but we have also been pounded by mediocre and lost to poor ones. Sumo quid sumus. We are what we are. Whose season was more fun ours or James Madison’s? I want football to be fun again. And going 0-4 and getting pounded isn’t fun. Looking at the schedule and thinking 7-5 is our best case isn’t fun. Feel free to disagree

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Wait. UConn itself states the '28 game has been moved and you care what a schedule posted well earlier that they haven't gotten around to changing yet says? Why?
It is in the press release from today. The 2028 game as of today is still on.

Reaction Score
Where did UConn state such? What I see is a tweet by UConn announcing a series in 24/25 and someone retweeting and speculating it was the 28 game moved.

Reaction Score
Where did UConn state such? What I see is a tweet by UConn announcing a series in 24/25 and someone retweeting and speculating it was the 28 game moved.
From the UConn site article:

New contract: 2024 (H) & 2025 (A)

2028 (H): No change to previously agreed contract; return home game
(won away game in 2023 season).

Full 2024 schedule to be released in mid-January.

Reaction Score
From the UConn site article:

New contract: 2024 (H) & 2025 (A)

2028 (H): No change to previously agreed contract; return home game
(won away game in 2023 season).

Full 2024 schedule to be released in mid-January.
Correct, that’s why I was asking businesslawyer where according to him UConn stated the 2028 game was moved.

Reaction Score
This probably won’t be the final change. The schedule is a mess right now. At Maryland, (Merrimack on 9/7?), at Duke, then 6 home games with a week off in the middle, then @ UAB 3 weeks off then @UMass. With a Syracuse game somewhere to be scheduled. I guess you could move Merrimack to 11/16 or 11/23, but that gives you Syracuse on 9/7 and 3 P4 games in a row to start the year. Might as well cancel the season. We’ll be 0-3 before getting out of the locker room. Or move Syracuse to the former Wake spot, Merrimack to November and have a bye early and late. A mess.

Reaction Score
When I say the current 24 schedule is a mess I mean as to when we play. The actual teams are pretty good and sort of interesting. Regional opponents in Syracuse, Temple, Buffalo and UMass. Even Merrimack and Maryland fall into that pot. We have history with both Wake and Duke. Just that the current dates are unworkable.

Reaction Score
My guess is we could also flip-flop the Temple 2024/2026 games so next year we play in Philly and 2026 is at the Rent.

That would break up the current 6 home games in a row pretty evenly.

9/21 - FAU
9/28 - Buffalo
10/5 - Temple
10/12 - TBD/Bye
10/19 - Wake Forest
10/26 - Rice
11/2 - Georgia State

I'm not sure how the Eagles NFL schedule would impact this, but I imagine it wouldn't be a major issue.

We also have all 12 games scheduled in 2026, but 7 road games (including Temple). A switch to 2026 home vs. Temple would make it an even 6 home, 6 road split for us. Temple also has 3 home, 1 road in the OOC (including a lucrative home game vs. Penn State) currently, so they probably wouldn't mind switching that to a 2-2 split.

As for Merrimack, they also have 9/7 and 11/16 open. However, they play at Air Force on 8/31, so I wonder if that'll factor into their decision to play us. I'm pretty sure we all would prefer them as the home opener after the trip to Maryland.

I'd love for the Cuse game to be at Rentschler instead of a neutral site (Yankee Stadium/MetLife/etc.), but I'm kind of skeptical it's been switched. I'm surprised the ACC schedule still hasn't dropped, maybe it will now that the season is officially over. Hopefully we play the Orange Clowns on 11/23 and get a bye week after the trip to UAB.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
When I say the current 24 schedule is a mess I mean as to when we play. The actual teams are pretty good and sort of interesting. Regional opponents in Syracuse, Temple, Buffalo and UMass. Even Merrimack and Maryland fall into that pot. We have history with both Wake and Duke. Just that the current dates are unworkable.
Scooter you are so right.
This probably won’t be the final change. The schedule is a mess right now. At Maryland, (Merrimack on 9/7?), at Duke, then 6 home games with a week off in the middle, then @ UAB 3 weeks off then @UMass. With a Syracuse game somewhere to be scheduled. I guess you could move Merrimack to 11/16 or 11/23, but that gives you Syracuse on 9/7 and 3 P4 games in a row to start the year. Might as well cancel the season. We’ll be 0-3 before getting out of the locker room. Or move Syracuse to the former Wake spot, Merrimack to November and have a bye early and late. A mess.
Having To go to several home games In a row is exhausting Regardless the product. Saying this as a longtime ticket holder. This is understood as an independent, but this 2024 schedule looks daunting, tailgate and attendance wise. I appreciate AD Dave and his efforts, but please get us into a conference For normalcy.

Reaction Score
Scooter you are so right.

Having To go to several home games In a row is exhausting Regardless the product. Saying this as a longtime ticket holder. This is understood as an independent, but this 2024 schedule looks daunting, tailgate and attendance wise. I appreciate AD Dave and his efforts, but please get us into a conference For normalcy.
I agree with this. 5-6 straight home games is pretty difficult for fans. And 3 weeks off between games in November is a ticket to be forgotten. Everybody has moved on even if the season has been good. I imagine it would be tough for the players to stay focused too.

Reaction Score
Especially 8 home games in a row... would not be good for attendance imo
That is one of the craziest schedules I've ever seen. You could set up your tailgate in September and take it down in November. Really important to get out of the gate this year. It's put up time for this staff. Their systems, their guys.

Reaction Score
No. I want to play 6 P4 opponents a year. All home and homes with three at home and three away. The other six games would be an FCS home game, two mid-tier MW games, Temple, USF, and maybe Buffalo or UMass (who will probably join CUSA soon).

Something like this:

1. North Carolina (H) CBS SN
2. NC State (A) ACC N/CW
3. Virginia (A) ACC N/CW
4. Indiana (H) CBS SN
5. Syracuse (A) ACC N/CW
6. Wyoming (H) CBS SN
7. Temple (A) ESPN+
8. USF (H) CBS SN
9. New Mexico (A) CBS SN
10. Boston College (H) CBS SN
11. Merrimack (H) WFSB
12. Buffalo (A) ESPN+

Under this model, we would get a 7th home game every other year and no more pay day games. Likely get at least ten games on linear TV as well.
I really think it best to develop an Edsall Bowl rivalry with Maryland. Could be epic.

Reaction Score
I really think it best to develop an Edsall Bowl rivalry with Maryland. Could be epic.
Wow. We could have 2 rivalry games. The Edsall Bowl and the ConFLiCT. Not sure I could stand the excitement!

Reaction Score
There are enough P5/high G5 teams on that list to qualify as a good schedule. A competitive teams wins at least 6 of those so expectations are still high for this team. 4-5 wins will be a disappointment. 7 should be the goal. None of these programs enjoy consistent success, they will all struggle to improve or maintain over last year.

This is the peer group we want to dominate. Only Maryland, who has quite a bit coming back should be considered unwinnable, but it's still Maryland FB.
Nothing like starting the season getting spanked. Even if UConn starts the season giving UMD a decent game, that may not mean much. To wit: the 2023 season.

Reaction Score
Perhaps Syracuse can develop a rivalry with anybody in anything other than Colgate and Cornell in basketball? You travel for those Greg?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom