New AAC ESPN Contract Value Poll | Page 16 | The Boneyard

New AAC ESPN Contract Value Poll

What will be the per school annual value of the purported new AAC deal with ESPN

• Slightly less than we are getting now. ($1M - $2M)

• About what we are getting now ($2M)

• Well it's a good deal so ... uh twice what we are getting now. ($3M-$4M)

• >$4M but < $10M

• $10M

• >$10M but < $15M

• SEC money

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
You guys love making fun of Tulane but there are a few schools in the conference I’d kick out before them.

Reaction Score
Moonshine flowing

1552257216680.png

Reaction Score
I'm still waiting on the details, but I pretty much agree and think everything you say will be true.

I love UConn football, but if we're not going to commit to even trying to compete in the AAC it doesn't make sense to continue to half rear end it.

If by 2023 we're still in the basement of AAC football, don't get a P5 invite (lol), it may be time to call up the Big East and at least ensure hoops survives.
There is a very good chanc game hat by then the AAC will be among the best hoop leagues. UConn Memphis coming back, Houston Cincy Temple one of both Florida schools. SMU and Tulsa pretty good. If it continues this could be a really good league. One of those 6-7-8 bid leagues on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
There is a very good chanc game hat by then the AAC will be among the best hoop leagues. UConn Memphis coming back, Houston Cincy Temple one of both Florida schools. SMU and Tulsa pretty good. If it continues this could be a really good league. One of those 6-7-8 bid leagues on a regular basis.
Sounds good but you realize the cartel will never allow the AAC to have 6-7-8.

Reaction Score
Moonshine flowing

View attachment 40773
Yes UConn should go to the Big East who make $4m/year per school instead of the $7m that were about to make. And we should also throw away any chance of getting into a real conference when realignment happens in 2023 at the end of our deal and the Big 10/Big 12 deals. This Dude has been terribly wrong about everything in conference realignment in the past few years lol

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sounds good but you realize the cartel will never allow the AAC to have 6-7-8.

I don't see 6+ but this should settle at at a 4-5 bid league. Maybe an occasional 6, maybe a 2-3 bid league but mostly 4-5.

Reaction Score
As long as SOS remains important in the evaluation scheme it will be a problem since it is a pretty bogus and self fulfilling measurement. Bad teams in good leagues invariably get over rated which pumps up everyone else’s rating. So mediocre teams ALSO get bumped up. And most metrics over rely on SOS so end up with garbage rankings after the top 4 or 5. The idea that a team that loses to UNC is better that one that lost to Houston is sort of laughable on its face but the to compound the error buy saying a team that live at the team that lost to Carolina is better than the one that beat the team that lost to Houston is even more laughable.

I honestly hope Houston makes a deep run this year. Cincy too. And I hate both of them. That would help.

Reaction Score
Yes UConn should go to the Big East who make $4m/year per school instead of the $7m that were about to make. And we should also throw away any chance of getting into a real conference when realignment happens in 2023 at the end of our deal and the Big 10/Big 12 deals. This Dude has been terribly wrong about everything in conference realignment in the past few years lol
I think it's BS & his source is probably imaginary but..........if UConn dropped football then expenses would drop quite a bit & if UConn went to BE the next TV contract would get a good bump. That said it's not happening, we aren't closing the door on Football & future CR at this point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
if Aresco had completed his thought, we'd know for sure if he was Chief...

"I have to maintain silence on that. Aresco knows that the casual fan may find that frustrating, but those of us in the business know that is how it is done."

Reaction Score
I actually have it on good authority that the final value of the contract is going to be decided during a prime time episode of Deal or No Deal (to air on ESPN+) featuring Commissioner Aresco.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom